Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What Would The Current Canucks Look Like In 1994 Uniforms?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

Poll: What Would The Current Canucks Look Like In 1994 Uniforms? (202 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Want the Skate Uniform to Return?

1. Voted Yes (135 votes [66.83%])

Percentage of vote: 66.83%

2. No (67 votes [33.17%])

Percentage of vote: 33.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Interesting though. But let's keep it the way it currently is.

#32 Almighty So

Almighty So

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Home

Posted Image

Away

Posted Image

ALT

Posted Image

wasnt able to put the numbers on the sleeve because i used paint

Edited by xGIROUX28x, 29 May 2012 - 06:30 PM.

QpbQ85U.png

credit to ChenWei91

#33 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

i want the v to be green and blue, not green and white....

#34 Nicklasjensen46

Nicklasjensen46

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Since the magnificent Stanley Cup run of 1994, there has always been a fascination with the skate uniform design. The spectacular and poised goaltending of Kirk McLean, the definitive leadership of Trevor Linden, and the excitement of Pavel Bure made that team perhaps the most popular in franchise history; the uniform they wore became the identity of the organization, and over the course of a decade, the flying skate became the look fans cherished most. Many have clamored for the return of those uniforms, and it would seem only a matter of time before the organization finally brings their old brand back to life.

Some have wondered what this would look like. Today, I took the time to give everyone an idea of how our current Canucks would appear in our 1994 colors.

The team's brand and uniforms are as important to this team's identity as anything else. Should the Canucks return to the uniforms they once wore proudly, and resurrect the highly-regarded flying skate brand?

Update: A few individuals have requested yellow pads for Cory Schneider. I've uploaded that version in place of the original.

Posted Image

Great job man. Love the vintage jerseys, all of em. Wouldnt mind this being a jersey we wear couple times a year. Like vs the rangers.

My 2012 Canucks
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hodgson
Sturm Malhotra Hansen
Sammuelson Lapiere Oreskovich

Hamhuis Bieska
Edler Salo
Tanev Ballard
Luongo Schnieder

#35 TheNoelPatrol

TheNoelPatrol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

name='WeatherWise' timestamp='1338330173' post='10673914']
Since the magnificent Stanley Cup run of 1994, there has always been a fascination with the skate uniform design. The spectacular and poised goaltending of Kirk McLean, the definitive leadership of Trevor Linden, and the excitement of Pavel Bure made that team perhaps the most popular in franchise history; the uniform they wore became the identity of the organization, and over the course of a decade, the flying skate became the look fans cherished most. Many have clamored for the return of those uniforms, and it would seem only a matter of time before the organization finally brings their old brand back to life.

Some have wondered what this would look like. Today, I took the time to give everyone an idea of how our current Canucks would appear in our 1994 colors.

The team's brand and uniforms are as important to this team's identity as anything else. Should the Canucks return to the uniforms they once wore proudly, and resurrect the highly-regarded flying skate brand?

Update: A few individuals have requested yellow pads for Cory Schneider. I've uploaded that version in place of the original.

Posted Image
[/u]

I don't know why everyone has such a hard-on for those jerseys. They look horrendous. I'm happy with the current uniforms.

QUOTE (diesel_3 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well..any way you slice it....Mike Gillis just pimp-slapped the Western Conference.

#36 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

YESSSSSSSSS Whoooooooooooo have linden, captain kirk and the 94 canucks come out before the first game as the start to the season

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#37 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Great job man. Love the vintage jerseys, all of em. Wouldnt mind this being a jersey we wear couple times a year. Like vs the rangers.

I love this jersey! My generation! My Canucks!

#38 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Eugh. The current Jerseys are awesome. I love the marine colors, fits the west coast much better than.. whatever ungodly reason they decided to go with the colors on the skate jersey.

There's just no contest, the current brand is the best it has ever been.

#39 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Skate=best jersey we've ever had
Posted Image

#40 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Our current third jersey is the best. Everything else is ugly... hard truth. Sad...

#41 Thirteen

Thirteen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Black skate please!

Posted ImageWooooooooooooooooooooooo!Posted Image

Posted Image
Favorites: Sir. KesLord , Kaner, Stammer, Toes & Pavelski

#42 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Current 3rds jerseys to number 1!
gotta be the original design and colours with a modern look for me

#43 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

I would love to see the skate jersey return, but only as a 3rd jersey.

I think they should use that design for their alternate jersey, there is hardly a difference b/w they current alternate and they main jersey.

I agree with these folks... would be cool as an alternate jersey, with our current 3rd being the main home jersey. I think last years 40th anni. jerseys are my fav though

#44 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

At some point we gotta stop changing.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#45 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

I would love to see the skate jersey return, but only as a 3rd jersey.

i like our 3rd jersey as they are, so maybe have that as a regular and the skate as third. Would be pretty cool to see more vintage Canucks colours again haha

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#46 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

what about the skate slicing through the whale and lots of red splatter for special effect?

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#47 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,201 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

I don't like the idea. This team has their own identity and that uniform very much says '94 team...would hate it.

Love the uniform itself (so much so that I decorated a cake in a candy corn & licorice logo once for a kid's b'day party) but there's no turning back for me.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#48 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

I don't like the idea. This team has their own identity and that uniform very much says '94 team...would hate it.

Love the uniform itself (so much so that I decorated a cake in a candy corn & licorice logo once for a kid's b'day party) but there's no turning back for me.

The subliminal skate going downhill is symbolic of the horrid teams in the mid 80's. Everyone mentions 94' but doesn't remember that at one point Tony Tanti, and Cam Neely were the only positives we had (Until we drafted Linden, and lucked out drafting Bure).
Just because leopard skin prints come back, and disco era 70's jeans made a return, doesn't mean everything old is good.

Stick with Stick n' Rink and the current uniform. Quit living in the past. Our constant uniform changes are a punchline in themselves.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#49 Canadiac

Canadiac

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't awesome.

#50 Cody9

Cody9

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

They had a light weight hoodie in the Canuck store that was black with a "silver skate" just like the 94 uniforms.Black with sold silver looked slick and "rich looking".

Of course I am biased because I really did like the skate uniform and would love even a Third Jersey with the Black and Silver.I think lots of people would buy it. However, young kids are likely to want the Orca jersey still.

Edited by Cody9, 30 May 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#51 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

enjoyed the flashbacks with a twist..

nice work Op!!

#52 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

interesting take OP, but yeah I have to agree with Deb; different unis represent different eras really:

the older schemes of black, red and yellow are during the 70's and 80's (correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't around back then :P)
more recently, there's been the W.C.E. Orca, the alternates with the maroon shoulders that for some reason cause me to equate to the Twins and Jason King, then the era of Lu with the plain, sandy colored mask and the early blue stick-in-rink design, then the current ones which I am fond of, with the solid addition of the whale in its "back-to-nature" style blue background. I think for memory's sake the V can come back during special events, maybe if they retire more guys from that era then they can tribute to that era by wearing the jersey, but regularly? No thanks.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#53 nuckles88

nuckles88

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Love the old 94' jerseys, remind me of my childhood when i first started watching the games with my dad :) Having them as a third alternate jersey or on vintage jersey nights would be awesome!
In Loving Memory of Luc Bourdon, Rick Rypien, Pavol Demitra and all the others lost in the hockey world :'(

#54 b3nnyb

b3nnyb

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

That would be tits!!

#55 Jet_91

Jet_91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

imo With a bit of modernizing, we could see a Millionaires tribute 3rd jersey come out soon. Don't the Canucks own the rights to that name? Isn't the Millionaire cup centennial coming up?

Hey, why not rename the Canucks to the Millionaires so we can claim that old cup? Lame, but the Senators did it.

TOML

I can almost guarantee the Canucks bought the rights to the name/uniforms with the intentions of using them in a heritage classic. I think it would be great if they did a Vancouver/Ottawa heritage classic for the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires cup in 2014-2015.

#56 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Millionaires over anything here I think. But I don't mind the skate ones.
Posted Image

#57 Alf

Alf

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

One of the ugliest colour schemes of all time. They were idiots to go to these colours in the late 70's. Let it stay dead.

Posted Image Posted Image

#58 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Im getting a lil tired of the blue green and white....why the hell not bring back the yellow black and red.

25gxmpw.png

#59 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

94 is far far far too over rated! 2011 was a better team and went just as far let the 94 run die! I wouldn't mind seeing the flying V return in the original colours.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#60 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing it for a Winter Classic, but the blue and green need to stay. No other team boasts a colour scheme that represents it home as perfectly as the Canucks.

BO KNOWS

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.