The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Trade Value Is Much Higher Than You May Think

its about time. Luongo is way underrated in this market. He will fetch atleast a first round pick, a top prospect and a 2nd rounder. If he ends up in toronto thats equivalent to the 5th overall pick, Luke S or Jake G, and TO's 2nd round pick or roster player. Luongo is a great keeper too bad we drained him in this market. Reminds me of Tim Thomas before he won the cup (lost his spot to the backup & was almost traded). With Luongo TO becomes an instant playoff team and all bets are off

well if you averaged 3 goals for vs. 2.97 you'd win. If you understand basic grade 7 math, an average means sometimes higher/sometimes lower...so three on AVERAGE would win. Go back to school if you can't figure that out.

i guess marty brodeur sucks too since his lifetime averages are just marginally better than lou...

well if you averaged 3 goals for vs. 2.97 you'd win. If you understand basic grade 7 math, an average means sometimes higher/sometimes lower...so three on AVERAGE would win. Go back to school if you can't figure that out.

i guess marty brodeur sucks too since his lifetime averages are just marginally better than lou...

wow...just wow...i guess they were saving lou for game six huh?

Buddy, Lou's era in Vancouver is over whether you want to accept it or not. You don't, again you don't NOT play the goalie who gives you the best chance to win in elimination games...clearly the Canucks made the decision as to who they are going with going forward in those games.

I am not quite sure why you think otherwise. Lou has done a great deal for the franchise and the city and deserves a ton of credit and alot more respect than he is getting. That, however, does not change the fact that he will be traded, maybe not before the season but eventually, because he has to be given all the media mess.

Had we not had Schnieds none of this would be happening. But when you have a goalie that clearly will be a great player and has now proven it under pressure (he played all the big teams, played huge games and won), who is younger, cheaper, and not ridden with media and fan bashing, you keep him.

Luongo is on the downward edge of his career, not to say he can't play great for the next 3-5 but Schnieder has potentially 10-12 in him. And if you don't want to accept my assessment, accept the coaching staff's and Luongo's as well, who said Schnieds will be an all star in the league.

Lou is gone, as much as you want to believe otherwise you will be upset come draft day unless you start waking up....

Archived