The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Trade Value Is Much Higher Than You May Think

your an idiot for thinking Luongo and Hodgson are even close in trade value.

One guy has broken every Canucks record as a goaltender, the other had a good half of a season, in fact he had a good December and January in which he stacked tons of points.

It's like JEff Tambellini and the one month streak he had, Except of course Hodgson has a much brighter future.

Luongo on the other hand is an elite goal tender and easily top 5 in this league, and if Schneider wasnt going to be top 5 too, we wouldn't even have this talk.

The amount of work Dave Nonis did to get Luongo is why he'll most likely go to TO.

lol i just dont know why there going to trade 2 real good D prospects for luo , hes worth it

nvm i can see them doing it , they REALLY need luongo , they need him more then we need to get rid of him

funny because all my friends who are leafs fans rag on luongo more then any player and single him out , but are going to be the biggest hypocrites if he is traded

Schenn, Gardiner, AND their 1st? Draft Galchenyuk?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Galchenyuk - Kesler

Higgins - Malhotra - Schroeder

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Schenn

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Gardiner

Schneider

Lack

:o:bigblush::frantic::bigblush:

lol i just dont know why there going to trade 2 real good D prospects for luo , hes worth it

nvm i can see them doing it , they REALLY need luongo , they need him more then we need to get rid of him

funny because all my friends who are leafs fans rag on luongo more then any player and single him out , but are going to be the biggest hypocrites if he is traded

Carter and Richards are only part of a team, not superstars in the calibre of a Malkin, or Patrick Roy as a forward or goalie respectively.

Watch LA play. The first reason they are winning is their daunting first line. It is a physical beast of a line for teams to match up with Dustin Brown, Penner and Kopitar at 205, 225 & 242 lbs respectively. They have speed, talent and wrecking ball mentality. They are amongst playoff points & plus/minus leaders, hits, drawing penalties and often play head to head against lines like the Sedins.

I argue J Quick (who is leading the league in save % and GAA, Doughty who on his own can break pressure and Willie Mitchell are all also more important components than Carter & Richards.

I can't see how Burke can justify trading away another first round pick. The Kessel deal will haunt him forever. I think he would be more inclined to offer up existing assets and at the end of the day that's probably what the Canucks want anyway. The time is now for the Canucks to win the cup. If they get draft picks and/or young prospects that aren't ready to contribute now, I will be dissapointed.... And I would be concerned getting Schenn in a trade. Wilson absolutely destroyed his confidence and we all know how well AV works with young players.

Whats your solution?

Oh, I know, trade Ballard, Raymond and a first for Nash... :picard:

35 points last year on the third line for Arnott, for a 6'5" 220 lb center / right wing that does not require breaking up our core is EXACTLY what we need. He's still fast enough to provide defensive pressure that made St Louis a cup favourite, an upgrade even on pre-injury Manny. He has a mean strak. He can jump up to the 2knd or first line if someone is hurt, play PP. A former team captain with a cup ring... And at a price we can still afford to address issues on D!

I'm not going to say this is hogwash, but when someone says that a deal will be done - within the next month - it sounds more like a prediction or speculation than news, based upon information that can be confirmed at this point. Probably not a bad prediction, but at this point hard to consider something like that has more credibility than a prediction, partcularly when you are talking about Burke, and a deal with MG - the potential of talks - if they are underway - going sideways, has to be considered a possibility.

I also have to admit that whatever the potential return if Luongo is dealt to Toronto, it would be an uneasy feeling seeing him wearing a Maple Leaf - it is just so satisfying being able to depend upon their perennial failures....I would almost have to start hoping for them to end their playoff drought.

I can't see how Burke can justify trading away another first round pick. The Kessel deal will haunt him forever. I think he would be more inclined to offer up existing assets and at the end of the day that's probably what the Canucks want anyway. The time is now for the Canucks to win the cup. If they get draft picks and/or young prospects that aren't ready to contribute now, I will be dissapointed.... And I would be concerned getting Schenn in a trade.

So, what's your point? Did the Kings make the finals before Richards and Carter arrived? Do you seriously think a weak team like the Leafs would improve that much with Luongo that they would be a contender? Especially considering they would need to give something of value back from an already limited talent pool?

I wouldn't take ANYTHING samjam99 has to say too serious, I've read some pretty stupid sh!t posted by him that he claimed was fact.

He's another Ecklund who really just tries to predict the obvious, and he makes predictions about anything and everything, so even if he is right once in awhile, his shooting percentage is horrible.

Archived