The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Trade Value Is Much Higher Than You May Think

I like everyones low expectations. Then when gillis pulls off a great trade....cue the gillis is god threads.

Carter got a 1st and jack johnson. I would be happy with a similar trade. Dion Phaneuf and a 1st and i would be happier than hell.

Luongo's value to a team is so high that he's untradable. It's not his contract. It's his talent.

Columbus would have to give minimum; Nash and the second overall.

Tampa Bay: Lecavalier, Malone, 1st

Toronto: Kessel, Schenn, 1st

Winnipeg: Kane, Ladd, Byfuglien

Chicago: Kane, Bolland, Seabrook

Carolina: E. Staal, Skinner, 1st

Get my point. That's right. What Luongo does for a team, Vancouver fans will never comprehend.

I wouldn't mind us taking on Komisarek's contract if we got Gardiner and Toronto's 1st rounder.... I'd even be alright with giving Toronto more than just Luongo to sweeten the pot.

If we do trade with the Leafs, I'm putting my money on:

To Van: Gardiner, 5th overall pick , Komisarek

To Toronto: Luongo, our first rounder, Tanev (or Raymond)

Sorry this doesn't fit the "Luongo for Gardnier, Shenn and the 5th overall pick," but this is much more realistic in my opinion. Also, like many people believe, playing with Gardiner AND playing as a Canuck, would be hard for Schultz to turn down. Then, hopefully Gillis can fill the remaining holes through free agency. If he can do this successfully, we will have a stronger team now AND move up on Hockeyfuture's team prospect ratings.

Plus, any deal better than what I expect if Luongo is traded to the Leafs would be just a bonus.

I like everyones low expectations. Then when gillis pulls off a great trade....cue the gillis is god threads.

Carter got a 1st and jack johnson. I would be happy with a similar trade. Dion Phaneuf and a 1st and i would be happier than hell.

I wouldn't mind us taking on Komisarek's contract if we got Gardiner and Toronto's 1st rounder.... I'd even be alright with giving Toronto more than just Luongo to sweeten the pot.

If we do trade with the Leafs, I'm putting my money on:

To Van: Gardiner, 5th overall pick , Komisarek

To Toronto: Luongo, our first rounder, Tanev (or Raymond)

Sorry this doesn't fit the "Luongo for Gardnier, Shenn and the 5th overall pick," but this is much more realistic in my opinion. Also, like many people believe, playing with Gardiner AND playing as a Canuck, would be hard for Schultz to turn down. Then, hopefully Gillis can fill the remaining holes through free agency. If he can do this successfully, we will have a stronger team now AND move up on Hockeyfuture's team prospect ratings.

Plus, any deal better than what I expect if Luongo is traded to the Leafs would be just a bonus.

If one of these deals presented them selfs Gillis would run to the bank on the spot , These all such over payments that you could not even make happen in NHL 12 .

Stop being such a fanboy and learn to be a little objective and remember the other teams are going to use all the negatives for the canucks in this situation to get the best deal for them for an example just remember what we gave up for a 27 year old Luongo with out a 10 year deal in place which is a huge negative not in our favor in negations now that he 33

Luongo's value to a team is so high that he's untradable. It's not his contract. It's his talent.

Columbus would have to give minimum; Nash and the second overall.

Tampa Bay: Lecavalier, Malone, 1st

Toronto: Kessel, Schenn, 1st

Winnipeg: Kane, Ladd, Byfuglien

Chicago: Kane, Bolland, Seabrook

Carolina: E. Staal, Skinner, 1st

Get my point. That's right. What Luongo does for a team, Vancouver fans will never comprehend.

Our "STAR" goalie is Schneider !! He is relagating Lou to second fiddle. I believe the team is committed to Schneider going forward. The team management has decided that he gives the team a better chance to win. Lou gives up almost a 1/2 goal per game more than Schneids and for every 50 shots on goal, one xtra goal. With goals at a premium in the NHL, these stats are a disturbing indication of the distance Schneids has put between him and Lou. Lou can still play, he just can't match the stats posted by Schneider, all a result of poor positioning, lack of rebound control and poor technique. Lou had better find his game this year or hes toast !

1. Tim Thomas gives us an early Christmas present and decides to screw his team over by sitting the year.

2. The other guy (Tomas Vokoun) has just signed a two year deal in Pittsburgh of all places!

Now the battle is between Luongo and Bernier, which is way easier for us to work with trade wise.

THANK- YOU Boston and Pittsburgh!

Yea i am a bit shocked myself, I felt there was no way MG could swing the leverage on trading Luongo after Schneider is just the future for us.

If we can get the 5th overall, and a roster D man

MG pretty much has redeemed himself on any shotty trade.

Archived