Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

Luongo's Trade Value Is Much Higher Than You May Think

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
332 replies to this topic

#331 oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,066 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Didn't know where else to put this:

Fan 960 in Calgary says Luongo to Toronto deal is done, just waiting for Burke to make his big splash at the draft.

Take it with a grain of salt.

that is another one of SamJam's threads... who on the Fan 960 said that, etc etc...?

#332 smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Good !!! It will finally shutup all the Luongo groupies !!

#333 tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

wow...just wow...i guess they were saving lou for game six huh?

Buddy, Lou's era in Vancouver is over whether you want to accept it or not. You don't, again you don't NOT play the goalie who gives you the best chance to win in elimination games...clearly the Canucks made the decision as to who they are going with going forward in those games.

I am not quite sure why you think otherwise. Lou has done a great deal for the franchise and the city and deserves a ton of credit and alot more respect than he is getting. That, however, does not change the fact that he will be traded, maybe not before the season but eventually, because he has to be given all the media mess.

Had we not had Schnieds none of this would be happening. But when you have a goalie that clearly will be a great player and has now proven it under pressure (he played all the big teams, played huge games and won), who is younger, cheaper, and not ridden with media and fan bashing, you keep him.

Luongo is on the downward edge of his career, not to say he can't play great for the next 3-5 but Schnieder has potentially 10-12 in him. And if you don't want to accept my assessment, accept the coaching staff's and Luongo's as well, who said Schnieds will be an all star in the league.

Lou is gone, as much as you want to believe otherwise you will be upset come draft day unless you start waking up....

Finally, an accurate assessment. I don't think Vancouver fans realize that MG has to trade Lou. If he doesn't he runs the risk of losing Schneider. Obviously we can match any offer Schneider gets but I would guess he would love to jump at a 1 year deal. That way if we match it he becomes a free agent at teh end of this year, no more goalie controversy, no more sharing time, he can find a team that will make him the #1 guy. MG is pretending he is ok going into next season with both guys but nothing is further from the truth.
Our best bet to maximize our return would be to trade Lou to the Isles for Dipietro. The Isles would have their goaltending issues taken care of and have some serious young talent they would probably be willing to part with and we could bury that crappy contract in the minors for the next 10 + years. We can afford it, I'll bet we could get something like their first/2nd and Okposo, with Dipietro for Lou.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.