The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Continuum latest NWO propaganda?

dank.

I don't watch TV really. I have a couple of shows that I'll download, but I do not own a TV. Like I said in my first post, I only watched this because it was filmed and based in Vancouver. I wasn't expecting the blatant propaganda.

I'll enjoy good fictitious shows that aren't filled with propaganda, in the mean time, I'll enjoy exposing this one for what it is.

It's hard to take things with a grain of salt when you're unknowingly being pre-programmed. When the high majority of viewers see "North American Union" flashed on the screen I highly doubt they're consciously thinking about it. Or when they mention she's from Portland, I highly doubt the viewer is aware of the plan of desensitizing the Candian public to the plan of having American Police here.

But you're right it is just one show, I'm definitely not giving the show the benefit of the doubt, but it's really hard to. Hopefully as the show progresses I'll be proven wrong, but until then I defend my position.

There's plenty of land. Like I said, other technologies in energy like Thorium Reactors provide little to 0 waste, and the waste that is produced can be used for other things like exploring space (seriously). http://thoriumremix.com/2011/

Species go out of extinction all the time, it's been happening before we were ever around and will continue to happen when we're gone. On the other side, we're also finding new species every day. We feel so self important that it's because of us that they go extinct or that it's up to us to save them.

You probably also believe that we're the ones causing global warming, or climate change, whatever they've decided to call it.

Doom and gloom, and it's all our fault. That's the exact mindset they want you to have.

Seems to me you could find secret messages in all tv shows. So if you're so concerned about people being brain washed and you admit this one is so overt, perhaps you'd be better off telling us how other shows are brainwashing us in more subversive/tricky ways?

I find it odd you take pleasure in 'outing' a random tv show on a low budget Canadian network on a hockey forum. But hey, give er.

I'm sorry but when a TV show's opening scene mentions the North American Union and equates Liberty with Terrorism, it's probably not just any "show". It's definitely being packaged as that, but it's easy to see the propaganda.

And they're counting on you and the average viewer to not even notice or care. Let the pre-programming begin!

I don't watch many TV shows unless the quality is on par with the likes of the Sopranos or Game of Thrones, but after hearing the show would be filmed and based in Vancouver, I had to check it out. It's always fun to see your city on the screen, and although we've all see it many times, rarely do we see anything actually based here.

The show starts in the future of 2076 in the North American Union, the Vancouver District, with what I originally presume to be the protagonist leader of a group named Liber8, discussing the fall of the government to corporate bail outs. The leader goes on to explain that the corporate bail outs lead to the loss of individual freedoms, and that their group is fighting back against them at all costs, in the name of liberty. However he's then interrupted by the police, lead by what appears to be the actual protagonist, an attractive female officer, and taken into custody for being a terrorist. Then to help drive home the fact that he is a terrorist, a 9/11 like destruction of a "congress building" occurs in the background, leaving our heroin in complete shock and horror. End opening scene.

Wow, at this moment I'm already shocked. We already have mention of the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74VA3xU0EA, the eerily similar mention of bail outs (the corporations this time in the position of saviors), and the association between Liberty and Terrorism. I'm still very confused as to who the show is trying to establish as the protagonist and it's still too early to make assumptions, but my NWO propaganda senses are now on full alert.

The next scene is our heroin cop, kira, is at home with friends debating the decision to execute the Liber8 members for killing 30 thousand people in the "terrorist" attack. Only 1 man is opposed of the decision in the group, after further explaining how they've all lost their freedom as individuals by the corporate bail out of the government. He also mentions how it would be better to live in a Democracy instead of a Corporate Dictatorship (a subtle hint that Democracy is good and the only alternative?). Then just as our heroin cop points out that he appears to not have lost his ability to freely speak his mind, they all get an alert from internal chips that have likely been implanted in them.

So executions are now taking place in Vancouver, the hive mind majority seem to be content in their corporate dictatorship, and chip implants.

After the mushy scene between her and her son where he refers to "the bad guys", just in case we haven't figured it out yet, she's on the skytrain riding into the execution with her futuristic uniform. Her uniform informs her that there are two suspects close by, so she uses her intrusive futuristic cop vision to scan everyone's faces and ID them without permission. After beating them up a bit, she confirms them of their evil crimes, property damage. Thank god they're off the streets now.

In the execution chamber, Kira is reassigned to be there, and the Smoking Man makes his appearance. Of course something suspicious is going to happen if he's there, and just before their execution takes place the Liber8 members combine some fragments to teleport back in time to 2012, of course Kira goes with them and the smoking man is left smiling.

After a bit of lame action and equally bad acting, Kira learns where she is and the creator of the implant chips and Sadtech, Alex, can talk to her over his system that shouldn't be working yet. We then see the members of Liber8 getting some clothes at a military surplus store, where they enjoy throwing knives at each other, and being evil like freedom fighters should be.

Fast forward a bit and Kira is explaining to Alex that everything she does is recorded and she uploads her daily file at the end of every day. Next she appears at crime scene where we meet the lead detective Carlos. Kira is able to give him a lot of information on the possible suspect so they become friends and he offers to allow her to interrogate him if she knows the suspect. After the interrogation she then tells Carlos' Inspector that she's from Portland and that she's followed them up here.

Hmm, that's interesting that they mention she's from Portland coming into Canada. Didn't I just read something about allowing American police coming into Canada recently? Yes, yes I did. Seems like this is part of their plan of taking "babysteps" of introducing the concept to Canadians.

After a gun battle with the "terrorists", they realize it was a diversion to hit the police station and bust out the suspect they interrogated. 6 officers died, so now it's "war". Kira then flashes back to a scene where she meets her husbands boss, Alex in the future, the creator of Sadtech confirming that Alex is the Smoking Man.

It's really hard to determine what way the show will go. Maybe we're just being led to believe that Liber8 is evil and that later on Kira will come around and realize who the enemy really is. But after all the evidence of this being NWO propaganda, and their track record of this kind of crap in shows and movies, it's really hard to think that that scenario is likely to play out.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be keeping an eye on the series and hopefully pointing out the obvious propaganda in it.

If you watch this show, be aware and think critically of what's being shown to you.

You make it sound so easy, if it was that easy to make and produce why isn't it done on a massive scale?

If you were a big company looking to maximize profits, and here you have a technology that you could control and sell to the masses with little waste, wouldn't you be all over that?

You know there are some issues when this isn't the case.

Plenty of lush green land we can destroy right?

We are a contributing factory in climate change.

'They'? So that's the only option, they want you to think this way there for if you do it's them doing it.

If I think the direct opposite, 'they' are not controlling me right?

It's not possible to thnk this way unless 'they' want me to?

You're conspiracy theory will always work when no matter what one thinks or does it's the way 'they intented it.

You know what I'm still waiting for?

A solution to this propaganda/secret society.

Also how is this actually affecting us, if I watch this show today, will I wake up tomorrow a different person?

You really really really need to get out more.

If anything this show is giving the exact oppossite message you are accusing it of. The show is warning against consumerism and corporate control. The show is warning against giving government too much control in the name of "anti-terrorism". In no way does the premiss of this show push a NWO agenda of any kind. In fact, it warns heavily against giving corporation/government too much control.

1. Threads like this always make me want to watch X-Files again. Love that show. (And did you notice cigarette smoking man is on Continuum?)

2. I watched the first episode and completely disagree with your assertion of the direction this show is taking. It seems pretty clear this is one of those classic blurring of the lines type shows where the hero eventually figures out that the "bad guys" aren't so clearly bad as she thought and the "good guys" aren't exactly good either. I predict by the end of the season she's going to have a crisis of conscience and she'll have to decide which side she's on.

3. Once again the problem I have with the NWO conspiracy theory isn't the lack of evidence (and I'm using the term evidence loosely here) it's that there's too much of it! You guys just pick out anything and everything that seems to be remotely related and count it as part of the conspiracy. Like "oh my god, Madonna is making a triangle shape with her hand, she's Illuminati!!" But you neglect to realize the symbolism and stories surrounding the Illuminati are part of pop culture now and have been for awhile. Just because the NWO mentioned in a TV show or a movie doesn't mean it's propaganda. The conspiracy would be a lot more believable if it's proponents could be a little more discerning about what is actually evidence and what's just Hollywood trying to make money off a popular theory.

Episode two has not changed its stance on portraying people for Liberty as Terrorists that kill innocent people and act like your typical evil villains.

The fact the main character is from Portland is driven home and reinforced with the appearance of her "superiors" showing up across the border as well. American police, coming to a neighbourhood near you.

Also getting chipped "feels good" and its super cool to have everything you do be recorded. Don't trust your instincts any more, trust the chip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz8bsDiflEk

1. Threads like this always make me want to watch X-Files again. Love that show. (And did you notice cigarette smoking man is on Continuum?)

2. I watched the first episode and completely disagree with your assertion of the direction this show is taking. It seems pretty clear this is one of those classic blurring of the lines type shows where the hero eventually figures out that the "bad guys" aren't so clearly bad as she thought and the "good guys" aren't exactly good either. I predict by the end of the season she's going to have a crisis of conscience and she'll have to decide which side she's on.

3. Once again the problem I have with the NWO conspiracy theory isn't the lack of evidence (and I'm using the term evidence loosely here) it's that there's too much of it! You guys just pick out anything and everything that seems to be remotely related and count it as part of the conspiracy. Like "oh my god, Madonna is making a triangle shape with her hand, she's Illuminati!!" But you neglect to realize the symbolism and stories surrounding the Illuminati are part of pop culture now and have been for awhile. Just because the NWO mentioned in a TV show or a movie doesn't mean it's propaganda. The conspiracy would be a lot more believable if it's proponents could be a little more discerning about what is actually evidence and what's just Hollywood trying to make money off a popular theory.

It's called science fiction for a reason. They are just telling stories. It's actually a pretty good show, you should just make some popcorn and sit back and enjoy it. If you make Jiffy Pop, you could fashion yourself a nice little hat afterwards.

Guest BuckFoston

It could represent the Easter Bunny, it could represent the secret society of Banana Kings.

It only works if you believe what they are 'selling'.

You've never really answered what the NWO/Illuminati are 'selling' or how they are controlling our lives.

Oh and Prometheus is from Greek mythology, which no doubt is the devils work as well.

I worked on this show and in no way do I think / feel that this show is trying to portray a realistic scenario or brain wash people into a select way of thinking.

You may believe that but then I have to say you are looking WAY to deeply for something that flat out isn't there, it is after all a science fiction show that is meant to be taken with a grain of salt, much like the various themes that are prevailent in episodes of Star Trek the Next Generation etc.

If you had given this show a legitimate chance instead of downloading it with the mindset of "its trying to brainwash me" you may have enjoyed it and will come to see how / why the Liber8 group are labeled as bad guys, you would also see some character development (especially in episode 3 / 4) that really improves and drives the show, again my opinion IS biased but for an hour a week that can be viewed at your own leisure I think Continuum is well worth a watch compared to the endless "reality tv" that is usually on most channels.

If you even read my OP you would have noticed that I did watch it with an open mind, I had no idea what I was about to watch. Good for you for working on the show, do you really think the creator was sending out memo's to the entire crew letting them know about their agenda? Irrelevant.

I'm not looking to make up things, or look too deeply, I'm just relaying what's being presented. I'd say the things I've pointed out are pretty basic and blatant forms of predictive programming. If you deny any of the ones I've pointed out, please explain why.

I can't wait for episodes 3 and 4 to find out why Liberty = Terrorism, should be interesting.

By the way the only reason I'll be continuing to "watch" (more like monitor), this show is because of the blatant propaganda, if it wasn't for that I don't think I would've made it past the first episode, it's just as bad, quality wise, as any reality show. I prefer the off button.

If you even read my OP you would have noticed that I did watch it with an open mind, I had no idea what I was about to watch. Good for you for working on the show, do you really think the creator was sending out memo's to the entire crew letting them know about their agenda? Irrelevant.

I'm not looking to make up things, or look too deeply, I'm just relaying what's being presented. I'd say the things I've pointed out are pretty basic and blatant forms of predictive programming. If you deny any of the ones I've pointed out, please explain why.

I can't wait for episodes 3 and 4 to find out why Liberty = Terrorism, should be interesting.

By the way the only reason I'll be continuing to "watch" (more like monitor), this show is because of the blatant propaganda, if it wasn't for that I don't think I would've made it past the first episode, it's just as bad, quality wise, as any reality show. I prefer the off button.

Of course if affects our daily lives. The most basic form of control is debt, which the majority of people are in. Debt is slavery to the system. The problem is is that they've done such a good job at brainwashing everyone to believe their propaganda, that everyone is oblivious to their agenda. Most people are wilfully ignorant or in denial about what's happening.

What you should really be concerned about are the things the government are putting into your body. Whether it's flouride, aluminum, GMOs, vaccines, etc. Global depopulation by at least 80-90% is on the agenda.

If enough people awake to what's happening they could be stopped. People in Montreal are setting a good example. But I'm afraid that it's going to take something terrible to truly create the awareness needed for the people to rise against.

Archived