The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Insider Trading on Roberto Luongo

Jonathan Canuck

At the end of the day, if they keep both goalies instead of trading one of them to improve their forwards or defense, they better win the cup once in those years having 1a 1b. If they win the cup than there's nothing to complain about. It's just hard to support gillis Philosophy when you see how stacked the teams were that have won the cup last few years while playing one goalie. Hawks was a good example, they really stacked up their forwards and won the cup with a decent but not great goaltender, than next year unloaded alot players.

I have always respected Roberto, just wished he was a bit more clutch in some critical moments.

But then I watched Fleury get plastered this year, completely fell apart. And noticed another cup winner, Niemi, in San Jose exposed for, in fact, being ordinary...

Whereas Louie is pretty steady, good for 33 to 40 wins every year. Yip, he would take the Leafs or Lightning back to the post season! Guaranteed value for the buyer!

I hate GMMG for one thing.

And that's how he handles trades and FA signings.

He's so hush about it and misleads everyone that it just creates more problems. Let people know what's going on once you've decided. Till then, don't say a word.

No decisions have been made yet. This is exactly what i expected. You can't listen to all these dumb speculations n such from people who don't have a clue (nick kypreos). The best way to not get frustrated or confused is to listen to the GM himself, i've listened to a lot of interviews with MG since the season ended and never have i felt inclined to believe Luongo was on his way out.

Just wait n see people.

Ya but who pays for the players salaries? The fans, so the fans should have a right to know what's going on. If a company is buying supply from another company you don't think they want to know if that supply will be available again, or they will have to go somewhere to else to receive it. They have a right to know, just like the fans who pay the money to watch these players play, who end up paying these players salaries. When it comes to personal things, such as family or financial problems, they have a right to their personal privacy, but when it comes to their job and the fact that people pay to see these guys play. I'm sorry that is not personal that is business, and the people who are paying them have a right know, what is going on.

Ya but who pays for the players salaries? The fans, so the fans should have a right to know what's going on. If a company is buying supply from another company you don't think they want to know if that supply will be available again, or they will have to go somewhere to else to receive it. They have a right to know, just like the fans who pay the money to watch these players play, who end up paying these players salaries. When it comes to personal things, such as family or financial problems, they have a right to their personal privacy, but when it comes to their job and the fact that people pay to see these guys play. I'm sorry that is not personal that is business, and the people who are paying them have a right know, what is going on.

He's so hush about it and misleads everyone that it just creates more problems. Let people know what's going on once you've decided. Till then, don't say a word.

Its funny how until Luongo is practically out the door all the supporters of Luongo show up. I would prefer Cory as my starter, he had the better stats, he played tough games, and played better in the playoffs. He is my guy. I like the idea of Luongo to The Leafs, let them get to the playoffs and fall on their face. He will be a hero for getting them to the playoffs and the Canucks get a piece that can help in their future the number 5 pick, prospect(Ashton) and a Roster player(want Gardiner or Franson). Mind you we would need to offer more to get Ashton in the deal, but I am sure it can get worked out

I have always respected Roberto, just wished he was a bit more clutch in some critical moments.

But then I watched Fleury get plastered this year, completely fell apart. And noticed another cup winner, Niemi, in San Jose exposed for, in fact, being ordinary...

Whereas Louie is pretty steady, good for 33 to 40 wins every year. Yip, he would take the Leafs or Lightning back to the post season! Guaranteed value for the buyer!

Luongo wants out cause the fans in Vancouver want him out He doesn t want to play in a city where people keep criticizing him for every mistake he does.

I dont see the same hate for the Twins.. They haven t been able to score during playoffs either. They make very good money...but don t come thru when it really counts.

i'm sick of people saying that fans pay the players' salaries. francesco aquilini and his brothers pay the players salaries whether fans buy the tickets or not, and they make a lot more money from their other ventures than they do from owning the canucks. the people who buy the aquilini family's various real estate developments are paying the players' salaries.

Luongo wants out cause the fans in Vancouver want him out He doesn t want to play in a city where people keep criticizing him for every mistake he does.

I dont see the same hate for the Twins.. They haven t been able to score during playoffs either. They make very good money...but don t come thru when it really counts.

Archived