Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Insider Trading on Roberto Luongo

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

#91 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

So find me a damn quote - if ALL the hockey insiders are saying this. Until then, yours is just as much "my personal bias" as you claim mine to be.

Not true. Luongo is 33 which means he still has 4-5 years at least left in him. Brodeur is too close to retiring and is not a good example. And I did say IF Schneider had just even ONE season as a starter and put up the numbers he did, he would have more value than Luongo because he's younger. If you are as proven as the next guy, age factors in.

I already gave you links that other board members heard the something, it's not my fault you don't follow hockey closely.

See now your whole argument is flawed, it's based on one being more proven and having a track record to back it up and Brodeur is one of the best goalies ever to play and is in the cup finals, has a cup, has vezina trophies and records but your saying he bypasses this now? why cause it clearly shows the flaws in your argument, lets ask LA fans or fans around the league who would they rather have between a Schneider/Quick/Price vs a Brodeur/Luongo/Vokoun. With your argument are you telling me you'd take Arnott over Landeskog? Arnott is a guy who has 12 seasons with 20+ goals.

#92 rlatjswnd

rlatjswnd

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Not true. Luongo is 33 which means he still has 4-5 years at least left in him. Brodeur is too close to retiring and is not a good example. And I did say IF Schneider had just even ONE season as a starter and put up the numbers he did, he would have more value than Luongo because he's younger. If you are as proven as the next guy, age factors in.

How do you know he has 4-5 years left in him? Just because Brodeur and Thomas are doing well for their age it doesn't guarantee that Luongo will. The odds are not in his favour in keeping his elite status for that long.

So if age factors in than Luongo's value isn't as high as you think it is because it is a gamble. And I do agree with you that Schneider's value isn't as high because he is unproven but there is absolutely no way that Luongo's value is massively greater than Schneider's like you perceive currently.

oh by the way, Brodeur said he has no thoughts of retiring so does that change your mind?

Edited by rlatjswnd, 03 June 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.