The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ever-Elusive 2nd Line Playmaker

Or maybe it is because Kesler has new line mates every season making it impossible to create consistency with chemistry. His line does need a play maker though. Raymond has failed to fit that role, Higgens and Hansen have both shown some decent play making ability. AV has to make up his mind and quit juggling around with the 2nd line.

Evander Kane for Booth+ and play a Kane - Kesler - Raymond line.

There is no doubt in my mind that a fit Raymond would revitalise Kesler........you only have to look back at some of the videos and watch how they played together.

If Raymond can't get fit and back in form THEN try Jensen.

If we did keep Booth I would play him with the Sedins and see if he worked out with the best players on our team, drop Raymond to third and put Higgins with Kesler and Burrows.

I would put my second line like this

Higgy Kes Schroeder

Why you ask because Booth and Kes realy don't have any chemistry, they both love to rush the puck and they both don't pass enough, Higgins is a way better fit because he will share the puck which takes care of the playmaker part, but he can also shoot, Schoeder is an awsome fit because he has speed, aswell as great skill, he can pass and shoot as well, I think this would suit Kes much better.

Put Booth with Lappy and Hansen/Kassian.

But with Jensen seeming to ready for a spot on the roster you could put

Second line: Higgins-Kesler-Jensen

third line: Booth-Lappy-Schroeder/Kassian/Hansen

Fourth line: Sweat-Phaulson-Hansen/Kassian

Man the combos are seemingly endless, and could change even more depending on trades or, Heven forbid, we get more FA's. This will be a very interesting summer for sure.

I think you have to consider trying Booth for an extended time on the top line, freeing up Burrows to play with Kesler.

They have proven they have some chemistry together in the past.

It is going to be hard to get some lines solidified if Kesler isn't back until close to Christmas. You would think Jensen is going to be given every chance to play at least 9 games... and possibly even sticking with the club. The idea of him going back to junior is largely just going to waste a year of development. If he could go to the AHL that would be different, but I think throwing him into the NHL at this point will actually pay dividends.

Rebuild. But, yeah, that is the problem.

He is the oldest of their "good" forwards aside from maybe Cole, so he might not be in their plans to rebuild.

They would likely want prospects or picks.

Raymond rights, 2nd, and 3rd? <-----Don't flame unless you have a better suggestion. I really have no clue what value to offer.

He's signed for 4 more seasons at 5M, so I wonder if that is a contract they'd move for the right price.

Some good names being brought up here. I'd like a sniper to play with Sedins as well like someone mentioned.

3 way trade with Toronto and Ottawa,

We get Spezza and one of Kulemin/Franson/Bozek/Lombardi, Toronto gets Luongo and Ottawa's 15th pick, and Ottawa gets Schenn, the 5th, Schroeder, and the rights to Raymond.

:picard:

Yeah, like Spezza would be available. He played great last year and showed some real leadership too.

Why is everyone around here so high on the Amex line? It seems like virtually every thread I read, someone is suggesting that they were doing well together and were inexplicably split up.

I'm sorry, but that's not the way I saw it. What I saw from that line was sporadic success at best.

The other thing to bear in mind was Higgins' effectiveness playing on the third line. I completely understand the coaches being reluctant to break up what was working very effectively down the stretch, in the hope that doing so would rekindle something on the second line that was never much more than a spark to begin with, IMO....

Archived