The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ever-Elusive 2nd Line Playmaker

You know, we could always look for a good center, which would allow us to put Kesler with the Sedins.

It works on the powerplay, and it's not like it would take time to develop chemistry, because they have played the powerplay together.

I'm not "hoping" for anyone. Tell me how far Montreal has gotten with Plekanec and a team filled with similar soft perimeter players? (27th overall if you wanted that answered).

We need to head in the opposite direction, and maybe getting that play maker through moving Kesler.

Either way, it's guys like Clowe, Clarkson, Brown, Callahan that will win you a cup.

If Schroeder could convert to wing, then Id like to see what he could do given the opportunity. He said himself that he models his game after Nick Backstrom. Hes got enough speed to play up the boards in his own end, but does he have the stregnth to muscle the puck outside the blueline?

Parise is my #1 UFA choice... but thats extremely doubtfull...

Paranteau is my #2 UFA choice for this spot, but Im not sure Vancouver is a desirable location for him. Being a Quebecois, Im thinking he'll stay out east.

Im thinking that this player will either come through trade, or through the system. Or it ends up being Mason Raymond... :(

I think if we were to to get Schenn and Franson and ideally their 1st as well for Luongo. We'd probably draft a top end dman with our #5 pick. If that occurs, I would consider moving Edler (and Sweatt or Schroeder?) to St. Louis, who is looking for a top end dman, for Oshie and Berglund.

Oshie likes to pass, maybe too much, and creates space which is beneficial for shooters like Kesler and Booth. He also plays a physical game even with his small stature. Berglund could fill a 2nd line role until Kesler returns and he would be a very solid 3rd line center and would boost the offense of the 3rd line with Higgins and Hansen.

I know people don't like Edler being dealt, but I think it could help us in the long run if the Luongo trade replenishes our D. Franson has decent offensive abilities and Schenn could put up Hamhuis like numbers to replace the offense on D. If we draft a top end dman that could potentially make the team immediately or at least be ready to play in the near future, Edler can be expendable imo as great as he may be.

Why not just change the way the players play?

Kesler is only a couple of seasons removed from a 50-assist season. This guy knows how to pass, he's just gotten away from that type of game lately.

True professionals change the way their play to suit the team, and with 2 great powerforwards in Booth and Higgins who are born goal scorers and know no other game, Kesler should adjust to become the playmaker. He knows he can be that sort of player, so stop being so bloody selfish Kesler, practice your passing a bit more, take notes from the Sedins and our 2nd line will be as dangerous as our first.

Why is it that everyCanuck trade requires 2 years to fit in before they can be considered a bust?

It started with Alberts, looked terrible his first year, then "Learned " the system in year 2 and was not used in this years playoffs, is he a bust yet?

Now Booth, traded in 2011, sucked, and you want him on the 1st line?

No wonder the Canucks can't make a deadline deal!!

what about Carter and Richards? they got 100 games combined to fit in and make the finals.

Just once I'd like to see MG trade for and impact player who is ready to help the team.

Bodee, I'm starting to wonder if you're Raymond's dad.

Raymond has go to go dude. Seriously

Most teams can't afford to have a top 6 player float for 2 years.

I honestly don't get why AV waited so long to scratched him.

***********************************************************************************

My contribution to the thread...

Bring in Jagr to play with the sedins. The keep away game these 3 could play would be crazy to watch.

Parenteau on RWing for Kesler and Burrows. This would be a tough line to contain.

Hudler to play on the 3rd line with Higgins and Hansen. Best 3rd line in the league for sure.

If the team needed a serious shut down line, exchange Kesler & Burrows with Hudler and Higgins.

2 great interchangable lines. Imagine the PP with the 1st and 2nd lines.

Laperriere to play with Lapierre - just to piss off the play by play guys.

Why not just change the way the players play?

Kesler is only a couple of seasons removed from a 50-assist season. This guy knows how to pass, he's just gotten away from that type of game lately.

True professionals change the way their play to suit the team, and with 2 great powerforwards in Booth and Higgins who are born goal scorers and know no other game, Kesler should adjust to become the playmaker. He knows he can be that sort of player, so stop being so bloody selfish Kesler, practice your passing a bit more, take notes from the Sedins and our 2nd line will be as dangerous as our first.

Archived