The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tim Thomas May Take Next Season Off

Actually, him not retiring (yet) may be for the benefit of the team. This may give Boston a window to trade the cap hit before he retires. Kind of like when New Jersey traded Malakhov and a 1st to San Jose for spare parts - the key to the deal was taking his cap hit.

If Thomas retired now, that door would close. Boston would not be able to move the 5 mil hit. At least this way, they have an option.

Actually, him not retiring (yet) may be for the benefit of the team. This may give Boston a window to trade the cap hit before he retires. Kind of like when New Jersey traded Malakhov and a 1st to San Jose for spare parts - the key to the deal was taking his cap hit.

If Thomas retired now, that door would close. Boston would not be able to move the 5 mil hit. At least this way, they have an option.

im not a bruins fan in the slightest, but i dont agree with the way thomas is screwing them here. if the drive isnt there anymore, just retire, but dont take your ball and go home. this guy just cant seem to pass up an oppertunity to make an ass out of himself.

Reporter: Mr. Thomas, we understand you are taking some time off. What about your responsibilities as a teammate and a professional?

Thomas: Im not here to talk about my personal life, Ill only answer questions if they have something to do with hockey... Oh wait... Im not going to talk about my personal life or hockey, this interview is over, NAAAH NAAAH NAAAH I cant hear you.

But who's gonna want him?  It's not like he's gonna play anyways.  I guess there might be some teams looking to get to the cap floor, but they're still not gonna get much for him.

Personal stuff is important and there's nothing wrong with wanting to spend time with his family, but he really screwed his team over here.  Why not just play the last year of his contract, retire, then he can have all the time in the world to do what he wants.

• 7 months later...

Archived