The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Going to Vancouver for 1st time - need advice

Thanks for all the suggestions! One thing I'm curious about is if there is some kind of tour bus that takes people around the city. They have those in San Francisco (where I'm coming from), so I'm wondering if they have one of those services in Van.

Thanks for all the suggestions! One thing I'm curious about is if there is some kind of tour bus that takes people around the city. They have those in San Francisco (where I'm coming from), so I'm wondering if they have one of those services in Van.

Also another recommendation I've heard from someone is the aquarium. Do you all agree that this is a must-visit?

If you're a very out-doorsy type of person...:

1) Biking around Stanley Park (not phsycially taxing and a BEAUTIFUL ride).

2) Going up the Grouse Grind to the top of the mountain (only if you're fit... it's really difficult if you're not!). It's also beautiful atop the mountain on a nice day! If you'd rather take a gondola up, that's also an option (not free!)

3) Robson Street - shopping

4) English Bay - beaches, ladies... what's not to like?

Just a few off the top of my head...

Also another recommendation I've heard from someone is the aquarium. Do you all agree that this is a must-visit?

I would start off on Davie St and then bus it over to Main and Hastings. From there, hit up. Whalley, but make sure you take the sky train so you can see all the glory of New West and Burnaby. These are very friendly areas. Gorgeous scenery.

I would avoid Capilano suspension bridge. I don't think it's worth the $30. Lynn Valley, as mentioned, is a good alternative and it's free. one place that is often overlooked is the Vancouver police museum. You learn a lot about the history of law enforcement and lawlessness in vancouver and how vices, such as opium dens, brothels and bootleggers, shaped the current state of the city. The Sins of the City walking tour is a must.

Also, I hear really good things about Tour Guys Vancouver. It's free but ppl give money anyways. google it.

The Richmond Night Market is Just okay, but for a first timer it's sorta something neat and different. For the most part, it's just buzzworthy rubber necky interesting in the sense that you're thinking that something interesting HAS to be going on, since there's so much people.

The food is, but the stuff is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gD2xwoA7E0&feature=plcp

As always, Take transit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36NLZbPjW0w&feature=plcp

Archived