The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Donnelly

Yep, led by lunatics like Peter Singer.

"Human babies are not born self-aware or capable of grasping their lives over time. They are not persons. Hence, their lives would seem no more worthy of protection than the life of a fetus."

And this guy has been called the most influential philosopher alive. Sad...

He is a hypocrite in my books because he benefits from the rights of people to do what they want with their body, and he chose to take women's hormone to lose weight, like how is that in "god's plan?" Following the abstinance theme, he should abstain from eating so much. And he has NINE kids? society has to pay for that in a round about way too...why does he not abstain from filling the planet.

Women have to fight to keep their rights!

Does it not occur to you that some women choose to have children?

As a matter of fact I have a sister that has 9 kids with #10 on the way. Do I feel it's excessive? Maybe, but that doesn't mean I have any right to bring her and her husband down for that - it's my duty to love the children, as everyone needs love.

I agree with you! I believe in choice, his beliefs are about only his choices are right. I am not campaigning to stop birth :) but he is campaigning to stop a woman's right to choose. Yes we Canadians take that right for granted, but we shouldn't.

You can't accept the truth, can't you? What the hell is birth control for? To prevent pregnancy! Ask Planned Parenthood. Every sex education class in every high school in North America discuss birth control. Every health care provider in the world counsel birth control as a better alternative to abortion. This not a radical view.

As for abstinancy, it does work. You will not have a baby if you do not have sex.

You can't accept the truth, can't you? What the hell is birth control for? To prevent pregnancy! Ask Planned Parenthood. Every sex education class in every high school in North America discuss birth control. Every health care provider in the world counsel birth control as a better alternative to abortion. This not a radical view.

As for abstinancy, it does work. You will not have a baby if you do not have sex.

I believe the woman should ultimately have the choice on deciding what is best. They are, after all, the INITIAL PRIMARY caregivers.

It is absurd that someone can tell another person what to do in her own personal life, regarding the 'life' she has in her uterus. Every sperm is in fact sacred, so orgasming with your wife, I presume, is a sin unless you are only using it for procreation?

I get that there is potentially a life in the womb - and much more often than not, a woman NATURALLY identifies this 'life' as her own. That is why I believe they are capable of making the right decisions, barring any other outside factors. The process of abortion is not just physical, but mental also.

Abortion should be an option left for women when they feel they have explored all other options and cannot adequate provide for the future child (for whatever reason it may be). Women do not need to be guilt-tripped. She just needs to understand the consequences of her decisions. I highly doubt it will be a process that a woman will want to go through more than once.

I believe the woman should ultimately have the choice on deciding what is best. They are, after all, the INITIAL PRIMARY caregivers.

It is absurd that someone can tell another person what to do in her own personal life, regarding the 'life' she has in her uterus. Every sperm is in fact sacred, so orgasming with your wife, I presume, is a sin unless you are only using it for procreation?

I get that there is potentially a life in the womb - and much more often than not, a woman NATURALLY identifies this 'life' as her own. That is why I believe they are capable of making the right decisions, barring any other outside factors. The process of abortion is not just physical, but mental also.

Abortion should be an option left for women when they feel they have explored all other options and cannot adequate provide for the future child (for whatever reason it may be). Women do not need to be guilt-tripped. She just needs to understand the consequences of her decisions. I highly doubt it will be a process that a woman will want to go through more than once.

Archived