• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shawn antoski

(Discussion) Jason Arnott... the perfect fit?

Canucks Needs

Center to fill Kesler void....................Arnott

Bigger tougher grittier.......................Arnott

Veteran with a Ring...........................Arnott

-he's 6'5 and 220 pounds

-i think Arnott still has some gas left in the tank

- hes played in the western conference before

- wants to play for a contender

-There are conflicting reports on the health of Jason Arnott. The Blues are reporting that Arnott has a lower body injury but there are rumors abound that Arnott is not at all happy that he is not being played by coach Ken Hitchcock. Arnott did not practice on Saturday. Stay tuned. (Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch)

Where is he gonna go when Kesler comes back?

3rd line? Then Pahlsson would be on the 4th, Manny and Lappy would be scratched, and Ebbett and shroeder would sit in the minors.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Arnott

Higgins - Pahlsson - Schroeder

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Not bad.

3rd line? Then Pahlsson would be on the 4th, Manny and Lappy would be scratched, and Ebbett and shroeder would sit in the minors.

Arnott 3 or 4 years ago? Perfect fit.

Arnott now? Not so much.

He's 37 and his age is starting to catch up with him. Not to say I wouldn't want him on my team, but I don't know if he has the skill to be a 2nd liner anymore.

He played well in St. Louis on the 3rd line and on the 2nd unit PP last season but Blues play a slower system than we do. Not sure he'd be able to keep up but then again he'd be kn a line with Higgins and Hansen so does his speed really matter? I'd take him as our third line center, worstcase scenario he becomes our fiurth line center and Lappy becomes third, I'm fine with that.

That's terrible, unless their offensive tactic was to mob the net and stuff it every time they come up the ice... there's no passing to speak of with that trio.