The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard Next Year

DeltaSwede

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time is passing by really slow, no more hockey and exams next week for myself.

Just wanted to hear your opinion on Keith Ballard for next year. I think we have all noticed a trend over the past few seasons that it takes some time for new defensemen to get used to our system and this includes Ballard. I have to say though, Ballard was arguably our best defensemen in this years playoffs, so, is it a fluke? is it a sign that he is starting to look like the defensemen we acquired? and most importantly, will he be wearing a Canucks uniform next year?

I have always had a soft spot for the guy with his huge personality and underdog-esque status.

Love him or hate him, I hope he stays.

I love watching him play with Tanev and in case Salo retires (I'm not up to date on that front...), he'll get a lot more ice time if he plays well at the start of the season.

Despite him having had his ups and downs, I think he'll stay in Vancouver and perform if given the chance.

Hamhuis, Edler and Ballard can only play on the left side. Of the three, Hammer and Eddie deserves more ice time. So... we can't pay over 4M for a third pair D man. We have to allocate our limited cap space well and having Ballard makes it somewhat inefficient use of our cap space.

I can't see ballard coming back next year at 4.2 mil. We dont need to trade him for anything special. A 7th round pick would be sufficient. The point is that we would create cap space which would provide more flexibility for GMMG.

Archived