The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard Next Year

DeltaSwede

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd hate this top 6 defense, it's basically the same thing we have now/11/12 season.

Just like MOST Cup Champs in NHL history we need a head honcho dman a big boss man to help out our goalies and the team in general IF we ever intend on trying to win the hardest to win championship the Stanley Cup.

I voted we keep him due to a lack of options. At 4.2 mill. he is way overpaid for what he has brought to the table so far. I don't think many teams would be interested. If his cap hit were lower, he gets a lot more interest. Mind you, if his hit were lower, I'd be way more interested in keeping him.

That being said, his play in the playoffs did raise my hopes for him. If he carries that into next season, maybe he finally becomes what we need him to be. Crossing my fingers. It would definately deepen our blue line and ease the need for a top 4 dman.

I wanna see Hamhuis and Ballard paired together.

Maybe we can brainwash Hamhuis into thinking he's right handed?

He would be a perfect partner for Ballard if he was right handed.

Think about it, Ballard is basically a left handed Bieksa that is way more hardnosed but not as intimidating.

i would say trade him.... but the only thing is he is not worth very much.. i liked ballard and i wish he would have succeed in vancity. but that is just not the case... its time to move on. we can't have a 4mil player playing on the 3rd pairing.. i salo is back which i think he will be... ballard can't be...

i think the edler experiment is over as well, time to move him... he is to inconsistent at the time we need him to play his strongest.. i think our d needs a bit of a shake up...

we need another dmen and a second line winger

My lines

sedin-sedin-burrows

parenteau-kesler-booth

higgins-Lapierre/gaustad-hansen

Manny/kassian-lapierre/Gaustad-Moen

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Komisarek or Schultz-Edler

Tanev-Ballard

Schneider

Theodore

I dont get it, why does everyone want to give up on Edler?? He had a bad end of the season. OMG!! Trade him!! Edler has been one oour best defensmen...and everyone is like...lets trade him to get someone else...This forum is crazy sometimes

I dont get it, why does everyone want to give up on Edler?? He had a bad end of the season. OMG!! Trade him!! Edler has been one oour best defensmen...and everyone is like...lets trade him to get someone else...This forum is crazy sometimes

It's not panic, or giving up, its logic.

We have three legit top 4 left side D (Hanhuis, Edler, Ballard in order of calibre), all whom are uncomfortable on the right side.

Edler has 1 year left then is UFA and we could loose him, but has better trade value than Ballard. If we dont lock him up, moving Edler is an obvious carrot to attact a right side D.

If the salary cap and salary floor go up, as expected, then Ballard will likely be moved to a team that needs to add salary.

He improved his value with his playoff performance, so this will be the best chance to shed his salary and use the space to bring in a Right Side D-Man.

Biggest issue with the Canucks is D!

Look at the best D we have seen the last twenty years > Jersey's cup winning team in 2000!

Scott Stevens, Ken Daneyko, Colin White, Vlad Malakhov, Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski and Ken Sutton.

Exaggerating only just a little, the only guy on our team that makes that team is Dan Hamhuis. Willie Mitchell was cut by that team, healthy scratch every play off game.

No matter how you slice it, we need to improve if we are to be a serious cup contender!

Edler/Ray/conditional first for Weber/conditional 2nd. all conditional if one of them re-signs two years or longer.

Then sign Suter in the offseason.

bingobangobongo

Suter Weber

Hammy Bieksa

_____ _______ (who cares);p

:drools:

Archived