The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard Next Year

DeltaSwede

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing is at 4.2 million you cannot pay a guy that much for 3rd pairing output. Simple as that, yes he looked decent during the playoffs in that position but that's where the conversation starts and ends. He has not shown anything more than a good 3rd pairing guy in his time here, and at times has shown far less.

I think his contract would be hard to get rid off, unless you want to part with him for next to nothing in return then sure he is movable. Gillis likely will wait and see who is on the market, maybe depending on the Schultz sweepstakes..

Ideally we sign Garrison for a similar value and boot Ballard.

Just a thought..............Could we convert Keith Ballard into a winger?

Don't get me wrong I really like Ballard as a D but if we are struggling to utilise him to his full defensive potential, why not try the fastest player on our team with a wicked wrist shot and rocket slap shot on the 3rd line left wing in the pre season.

5'-11' and 208 lbs of kickass winger anyone?.............I would love to see us try it............watch the videos above.

What are you smoking? Grags is terrible. Ive seen better defensive coverage in my beer league

I think we'll trade him, because not sure if anyone remember but we also have Gragnani, and that is a guy with lots of upside potential. So i could imagine our d look like

Hammer - Edler

Bieksa - Tanev

Gragnani - Salo(If he signs for another season)

Extras: Connatoun(sp?), Alberts

You say that 4.2 mill is too much for a 3rd pairing dman yet you want to sign Garrison who will be asking for that much money (possibly more) to play in the same position: he plays d on the left side! I also totally disagree with your opinion of Ballard's play. To me he played far better than what your description implies, and deserves the opportunity to stay on.

If you want Garrison and clear up cap space you will have to move Edler and Ballard. Either way we are still in need of a solid dman who plays the right side.

I agree. I have always liked Ballard. Unfortuantely, I cannot answer your poll question because even though I think his playoff was not a fluke I still don't think he's found a home in Vancouver and should therefore be traded. With MG signing Bieksa we don't have any more room for a small defender (that isn't coddled like Bieksa) in the top 4 and Ballard is too expensive for the third and should be given a chance somewhere else on the 1st or second line.

Archived