The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who was the Best Coach in Canucks History?

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Totally respect and grateful to have a coach like AV right now. His record speaks for itself. Despite no Stanley cup, he's done everything. Last year was just a monster for him. He's done everything but win a Stanley cup.

But my vote will go to Patt Quinn. Easily. Good tactics, very good system, that is good defensively and is equally offensive, smart guy, and a powerful motivator. Everyone players, there is no such thing as a "dog house" Under Quinn.

Patt Quinn easily. I love him so much I wouldn't mind seeing him give it another go under us. Seriously.

The last time he coached us in 96, according to Marc Crawford he said the best team he faced during the playoff run was actually the Vancouver Canucks in round 1.

Each person's vote should be discounted by their age. Seventy-five percent of this bunch don't even remember Pat Quinn, never mind Roger Neilson. How can they vote for a guy they don't remember. The franchise is 42 years old - people who can only remember AV's six years should only get 6/42 * 100 % of a vote.

Roger Neilson was way ahead of his time.

He was one of the first to pull his goalie when a penalty was called, and to pull a goalie with a couple minutes left.

He knew the rulebook like no one else at the time, and used it to his advantage.

I he had more years with a better Canuck squad, then I think he would be a lot more prominent in people's minds.

AV is the most winningest, but he's also bee here longer than anyone except Crawford (right... wrong?).

I liked Neilson, he gets my vote.

Sorry...don't mean to be picky, but we need a definiton as to what "Best" coach means.

As far as coaches go, a lot of their success depends on the team given to them...

What I mean is, if you look at what the Canucks have done since AV has been here based on sheer total number of wins, would it be the same or lower if we had say a different coach?

Archived