Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#31 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Like I said...."One day maturity and some life lessons will show you otherwise." Point in fact ^^^

Don't even start. You don't even know me. Fact of the matter is you're taking this thread way too seriously. What, does chicken soup offend you too? If you don't like what someone may have to post on the internet then get off. Pretty simple. I see a lot of immature crap posted on Facebook but I don't take offence to it and whine about it like you are here. People are going to say whatever they want in cyberspace. Again, if you don't like what some stranger may put on the internet, get off and go live under a rock.
Posted Image

#32 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Don't even start. You don't even know me. Fact of the matter is you're taking this thread way too seriously. What, does chicken soup offend you too? If you don't like what someone may have to post on the internet then get off. Pretty simple. I see a lot of immature crap posted on Facebook but I don't take offence to it and whine about it like you are here. People are going to say whatever they want in cyberspace. Again, if you don't like what some stranger may put on the internet, get off and go live under a rock.

And you don't know me, either. Done now?

I'm taking a thread about a mother leaving her 5 week-old child on top of her car and driving off not even noticing she doesn't have this child with her in the car too seriously? :shock: Do tell, what should be taken seriously, then?

The fact that someone decides to make a joke of it by posting some retarded and immature vid clip from an equally retarded and immature movie doesn't deserve comment?

Good for you, you don't take offenSe to immature, retarded and stupid crap.....I do. And I calls it when I sees it.

Back on topic:

Im glad the baby is okay! The mothers an idiot. No child deserves a mother like that. I hope the mother is in jail for 20+ years or maybe even her whole life!

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 04 June 2012 - 05:07 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#33 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Not surprised that a this would happen to someone 19. Of course not all 19 year old mothers are like this.

And BB getting mad at people for remotely saying "bb", nothing out of the ordinary. Umad, brobro?

#34 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Not worth your time BB.
Posted Image

#35 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

The fact that someone decides to make a joke of it by posting some retarded and immature vid clip from an equally retarded and immature movie doesn't deserve comment?

That kind of intellectual departure is entertaining when you're still young.

You don't want to take life too seriously all the time, do you?

#36 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Do not upset the red headed one, unless you're a fan of the word "whoosh". Nothing wrong with a little levity. The babe is fine and punishment is being administered. It's human nature to crack a joke when a Darwin award nominee steps up to collect their reward.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#37 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Do not upset the red headed one, unless you're a fan of the word "whoosh". Nothing wrong with a little levity. The babe is fine and punishment is being administered. It's human nature to crack a joke when a Darwin award nominee steps up to collect their reward.

By having procreated, she's not eligible for the Darwin.

The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of
the human genome by honoring those who
accidentally remove themselves from it...

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#38 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

The world would be a dull place if people couldn't make light out of negative situations.

What he posted wasn't even that bad. Why all the uproar?

#39 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Everytime I come on CDC BB is arguing with somebody...........BB...............

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#40 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

By having procreated, she's not eligible for the Darwin.

The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of
the human genome by honoring those who
accidentally remove themselves from it...

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

#41 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
P. J. O'Rourke

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#42 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

A 19-year-old Arizona mother is charged with child abuse for driving with her 5-week-old baby on top of the car:

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.

Neighbors discovered the baby on the roadway, still strapped to his safety seat, which was lying on its side. Luckily, the baby was unhurt.

The baby's mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, who allegedly had been smoking marijuana, was arrested and charged with aggravated driving under the influence and child abuse, police said.

"We believe that whatever she was under the influence of was the deciding factor in what did happen to this child and we're extremely happy that for the baby this turned out well and the baby is going to be OK," Officer James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Depart said.

Clauser, her boyfriend and their friends had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening at a nearby park, but the boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of aggravated DUI when they went to a store - with the baby in the car - to get beer, according to police.

Upset that her boyfriend was arrested, police said, Clauser went to a friend's home and smoked more marijuana.

Clauser left around midnight and apparently put the sleeping baby on the roof of the car and drove off, forgetting he was there, and continued driving after the baby fell off the car, Holmes said.

Leilani Gerlach, a homeowner who lives across from the intersection, notified police after she and another neighbor saw the baby in the car seat on the street.

"We were both rolling our eyes in astonishment that someone could forget their baby," Gerlach said. "The car seat was turned to the side so anyone passing by wouldn't be able to tell there was an actual baby inside. Thank god they stopped."

After police arrived, two people walked up and told them the baby was Clausen's. As the officers talked to the two, who identified themselves as friends of Clausen and her boyfriend, the young mother drove up, police said.

"[She] had gotten into her car, set the baby seat on top of the car and forgot that the child was up there. It does not appear that immediately she realized what happened," Holmes said. "I think that perhaps she got where she was going and realized that she did not have the baby in the car."

"There was damage to the car seat, it was scraped but there was no damage to the child," Holmes said.

The baby is now in custody of Child Protective Services.

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

Charged with child abuse? How about charged with being a dumba$$ worthless sack of crap sntenced to jail so someone can kill this numbskull. Better yet ill do it myself

Edited by VintageForever420, 04 June 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#43 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,345 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

:picard: :sadno:
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#44 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

The world would be a dull place if people couldn't make light out of negative situations.

What he posted wasn't even that bad. Why all the uproar?

Everytime I come on CDC BB is arguing with somebody...........BB...............

Shouldn't expect anything less from BB. It's BBs forté to argue with people. Always expect bolded words, bolded words in capitals, saying they didn't read or have no reading comprehension, and then get completely away from the subject, just to put in bold words "back on topic".

#45 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

The fail is strong with this one...
Posted Image

#46 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Must have been like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12JUM_5Ayu8

I think it was more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXCCPqfSp8

s_l_s.gif

burroes.gif

#47 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

America raising idiot after idiot. I for one as an american am glade I got my Canadian citezenship. I chose BC out all the other great Canadian provinces, the weather is depressing As frack but ill take that over living in America anyday!
N before someone beaks me about my gramer misstakes I don't give a rats flying ass.

Edited by VintageForever420, 04 June 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#48 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Not worth your time BB.

Yeah, I threw in my two cents and noticed something - those who are defending their immaturity are doing so out of embarrassment and shame. They know they're wrong but still feel the need to cite "freedom of speech" jargon. Freedom of speech is quite different than ignorance and cynicism. It's their lack of empathy that makes this world devoid of any compassion or hope.

#49 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Shouldn't expect anything less from BB. It's BBs forté to argue with people. Always expect bolded words, bolded words in capitals, saying they didn't read or have no reading comprehension, and then get completely away from the subject, just to put in bold words "back on topic".

It's called emphasis......perhaps they'll explain it to you in English 10 by the end of this semester? Pointing out what should be obvious but obviously isn't, is a heads up......unfortunately usually missed due to lack of reading comprehension by those it's in response to.

'Back on topic' means the thread is being returned to the topic at hand as it has been dragged off topic far enough and an attempt is being made to get it back on track, unlike yourself who has managed to drag the topic being back on track, off track again just to jump on the gang bang bandwagon bashing party. Well done, old chap.

The day I give credence to comments from an immature 15 year old with an over-inflated self-image who hasn't even finished high school English, is the day hell freezes over. (Or the Leafs win the Cup).

Now.......one more time...back. on. track: <---- note the lack of 'bold'.

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
P. J. O'Rourke

Great quote, puckinloveicehockey! ;)

The fail is strong with this one...

Indeed!

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 04 June 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#50 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

That's ???? retarded. Drop a set and grow up. You do not know BB from anywhere. People give BB lots of sh!t for stuff that happened in the past, however, that's what it is, the past. Everyone on this forum needs to learn about 2nd chances.

I agree with her 100% on this thread, this is a child's LIFE, there is no reason to joke around about that.

Edited by Ti'gol Bitties, 04 June 2012 - 11:10 PM.

3Goktj2.jpg

#51 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

s_l_s.gif

burroes.gif

#52 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,398 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yeah, I threw in my two cents and noticed something - those who are defending their immaturity are doing so out of embarrassment and shame. They know they're wrong but still feel the need to cite "freedom of speech" jargon. Freedom of speech is quite different than ignorance and cynicism. It's their lack of empathy that makes this world devoid of any compassion or hope.

Oh please this has nothing to do with "freedom of speech". This is all about how people are sensitive in today's society.

Its funny how you guys pose us as some evil spirited people who care for no one even though I haven't said anything hateful towards the baby, of course I'm happy the baby's alright :picard: . Once again, shedding some light on a dark situation is always needed as long as its appropriate but no I guess some of you get hurt by the most innocent of things.

Shame on all of you.

Edited by Armada, 04 June 2012 - 11:40 PM.

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#53 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm taking a thread about a mother leaving her 5 week-old child on top of her car and driving off not even noticing she doesn't have this child with her in the car too seriously? :shock: Do tell, what should be taken seriously, then?

Good for you, you don't take offenSe to immature, retarded and stupid crap.....I do. And I calls it when I sees it.

Back on topic:

I'm not making assumptions like you are. I'm immature? Get real.

Some did make a joke. The child was fine. The clip is humorous. Quit crying. You're ranting and raving like it's going to accomplish something. Like people are actually going to listen to you and become uptight as yourself. Fat chance. The time here you've spent whining is time you could have taken to develop a sense of humour.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 05 June 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Posted Image

#54 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm not making assumptions like you are. I'm immature? Get real.

Some did make a joke. The child was fine. The clip is humorous. Quit crying. You're ranting and raving like it's going to accomplish something. Like people are actually going to listen to you and become uptight as yourself. Fat chance. The time here you've spent whining is time you could have taken to develop a sense of humour.

:lol: Now that there, that's humorous.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 June 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#55 DefensivePlay

DefensivePlay

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

*grabs popcorn*
[quote][I sent that arrow[to the]upper deck for Luc.
We talked about it and I said before the overtime that this is where legends are born. I thought about Luc and I said: Lets get the arrow up there. And I was able to get it. I knew he[Bourdon]was going to be with me and I tried to get it done. [Alexandre Burrows after scoring the OT goal in game 4 to win the game[3-2] and the series and sweep the Blues on April 21st 2009]

#56 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Back on topic:

June Cleaver called, she wants her Television persona back...

#57 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Only in America....the stupidity just radiates out of that country.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#58 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Didn't this happen in "Raising Arizona"? What a coinkydink.

One of my fave movies of all time!

PBF020-Skub.gif

#59 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

"Now I'm charged with child abuse, and I don't know why...

...because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."

PBF020-Skub.gif

#60 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

"Now I'm charged with child abuse, and I don't know why...

...because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."

I applaud you :lol:

Jagermeister.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.