The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou or Schneids value just went up!

nuck luck

Tim Thomas just announced that he's taking the next year off...

http://www.theprovince.com/hockey/nhlnews/Bruins'%20Thomas%20confirms%20he%20will%20take%20a%20year%20off/6722893/story.html

Looks like a lot of teams will have to rethink their options regarding their goalie situation.... Any GM that thought he could use TT as leverage or an option will now be forced to seriously consider MG's needs.

How nice would it be if the goalie pool got even shallower ;)

toronto is gonna be forced to trade to trade for lu cause bukre needs the tem to get into playoffs next yaer or hes done.

harding, lindback, and bernier have not been fully proved to be bonafide starters nd vokoun is injury proned and is declining rapidly in skill level

Damn... I was suspecting that this is what this thread was about, but I was hoping that another new team just jumped right into the Luongo sweepstakes.

I still think we will get the best deal from Toronto though. Burke and Nonis can't afford another season of missing the playoffs, and they know we would not be hurt by keeping Luongo. Toronto needs this more than we do I would think.

toronto is gonna be forced to trade to trade for lu cause bukre needs the tem to get into playoffs next yaer or hes done.

harding, lindback, and bernier have not been fully proved to be bonafide starters nd vokoun is injury proned and is declining rapidly in skill level

....Firstly it happened so long ago, so old news. Second, neither value goes up, it just means a more desperate goalie seeking team like Toronto, has a higher chance of trading for him, not giving more for him. I doubt teams would be that interested in a old goaltender who struggled mightily this year. This really puts pressure on Toronto though. With Bernier likely going to Tampa, TO is running out of options, they need a good goalie right now, not for the future.

Archived