The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassians short fuse not restricted to the rink

juliusgulius

Someone needs to strap Kassian to a chair, prop his eyelids open and watch Goon 3 times consecutively.

Kassian should be to the Sedins what Doug Glatt is to Xavier Laflamme. Let the big dog eat.

wow I am amazed how stupid this CDC really is. Loads of people saying what happens off ice doesn't matter yet the story about Kane's heavy weekend comes up and everyone calls him the worst character ever.

Regardless of what players do off ice, we pay them to get results and on their play on ice.

There was an article in the trade deadline edition of The Hockey News with a prospect report on Kassian. It talked about this incident and his suspension while in the OHL. He said in the article that he's cleaned up his act and is focusing on playing hockey, becoming a top 6 guy and getting away from previous bad behavior. I think he is a very solid prospect and feel bad he is expected to replace Hodgson. They are two completely different players and power forwards often take longer to develop. If he fails to make the team in October and needs further seasoning, the forum will be filled with trade proposals to run him out of town. That would be a mistake.

I actually have not seen Kassian's short fuse within the rink. He was toned down by AV big time last year. He was encouraged to avoid scrums, not try to do too much, etc.

This was AV's issue IMO. He can create a great system, but refuses to adapt. He didn't want Kassian to go out and get revenge against guys because he expected the Canucks would get a PP out of it. AV kept waiting for the refs to take their whistles out of their pocket instead of adapting to the new style of reffing. He should have unleashed Kassian .

I was in a bar fight years ago at Vancouver's own Metro Nightclub

never again will I tell two 250 pound door guys to...well I don't have to spell it out..

from Vancouver's Metro Nightclub

to Vancouver General Hospital in 20 minutes

me and Big Kass I'm sure both learned our lessons

but anyway

old news here.

thats really old news. that has been brought up many times when he was traded here. he was young. he's pretty "demure" in his rookie season- not the beast that everybody expected him to be. he's probably still feeling it. hopefully he will be comfortable enough in his second season so his natural beast mode will return.

I actually have not seen Kassian's short fuse within the rink. He was toned down by AV big time last year. He was encouraged to avoid scrums, not try to do too much, etc.

This was AV's issue IMO. He can create a great system, but refuses to adapt. He didn't want Kassian to go out and get revenge against guys because he expected the Canucks would get a PP out of it. AV kept waiting for the refs to take their whistles out of their pocket instead of adapting to the new style of reffing. He should have unleashed Kassian .

Archived