The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Leaf defenseman do we want ?

darock_sayz

I don't get why people undervalue Luongo so much, remember what we gave for him? And his value has gone up alot since then imo, 7 straight 30+ win seasons, gold medal winner and got within 1 win of the cup. we should be able to get a good return for him.

I agree. I live in T.O. and people around here are praying that they can get luongo.

Only those in Van don't see what this guy is worth. For some reason they all think he's useless and not worth anything. Well I'm here to tell you there are a lot of people in T.O. willing to give up the farm for this guy.

I've been thinking Franson, Colborne and next year's first (or this year's second and another prospect) - but have to rethink that now...muahahaha

And the Franson rights might not be a great idea - I could see Burke turning around and offer sheeting Franson :lol: - feeling resentful that circumstances and timing did not play out in his favor, and he had to pay a big price to finally land a legitimate starter.

I'll take the 5th pick plus Schenn, thanks. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Kadri. People around here complain about how our rookies are treated, but NK couldn't get a break on a bottom feeding team like the Leafs.

Heck, I'd take him just for his shootout ability...

People who say Schenn sucks are morons. Kid is 22 years old, one year ago he was untouchable. He had an inconsistent year and Toronto fans are all over him trying to dump him on the first team possible(Sound Familiar?). If we can get Schenn and a first for Lu I'd be doing cartwheels

Are team gets pushed around why the frack would you guys want gardiner. I say we get bigger and quire komisarek this man is a beast. alot of fans did not want lapierre but a month in to his canuck career everyone was complementing him KOMISAREK was tremendous on mtl i would love him here. the only guy on are team who can clear someon in front of the net is bieksa but i guarante you komisarek will do anything to block a shot.

Are team gets pushed around why the frack would you guys want gardiner. I say we get bigger and quire komisarek this man is a beast. alot of fans did not want lapierre but a month in to his canuck career everyone was complementing him KOMISAREK was tremendous on mtl i would love him here. the only guy on are team who can clear someon in front of the net is bieksa but i guarante you komisarek will do anything to block a shot.

I the only d-men they have that I like are C.Franson C.Gunnerson and L.Schenn.

I would be pretty pissed off if MG aquired Komisarek.

I have a strong feeling that the majority of us Canucks fans aren't going to be satisfied with what

we get in return for Luongo.

Pretty tough call, I don't think such a good goalie with such a bad contract has ever been traded before so there's not much to compare to. Burke is very high on Gardiner so I don't see him letting him go, I doubt he would trade this years first either. Next years first rounder might be a realistic option, Burke always seems quite optimistic that the Leafs will finish higher in the standings year over year. Whatever MG does, please no Komisarek. The guy is useless, Luongo could probably skate faster than him. Either way, for Luongo's sake we should really try to trade the guy to Tampa, Toronto is just as hard on goalies as Van.

We are getting Komo. That's all there is to it. If it wasn't for Ballard I actually don't mind Komo. He gives us something we don't have, a legit heavy weight who can play. But since we are taking deadweight cap off of their books, it's only fair that we get their 1st rounder in return. It sounds too good of a deal for us so I think we should give them our 1st rounder.

Archived