The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Leaf defenseman do we want ?

darock_sayz

People who say Schenn sucks are morons. Kid is 22 years old, one year ago he was untouchable. He had an inconsistent year and Toronto fans are all over him trying to dump him on the first team possible(Sound Familiar?). If we can get Schenn and a first for Lu I'd be doing cartwheels

Being young and highly touted by Brian Burke in the past is hardly a ringing endorsement for any defenceman's abilities. Cleary you haven't watched this 22 year old "ex-untouchable" play more than a handful of games or you would be more worried about what he brings. Toronto fans aren't dumping on him unduly, his poor play over the last four seasons have made them and Burke very unhappy.

I would be ecstatic if MG could somehow pry the fifth overall out of TO in the Lu deal. If the deal were to include Schenn however, my joy would turn into despair.

While I'd like Gardiner I can't see Burke letting him go. I'd take Franson befause of the right hand shot. He has the size, could be a top 4 player to start until Tanev can fill the top 4 role, then would be an excellent 5 guy.

Look, Lou was good last year in the play offs. Until he melted down in game 3,4 and 6 in Boston. Or game 6 3 seasons ago in Chicago, game 7 in Chicago the year before that when he let in 7 goals in the series final.

Now, against Boston we also scored how many goals over 7 games? Lou did not loose us the series. But he contributed, because his play was a jolt to team confidence, as were his antics over tire pumping. If confidence was sky high because he stood on his head as we started loosing key players to injury, maybe we get that extra push from everybody. Its what elevates championship teams, and why Patrick Roy is in the HHOF.

As good, and Lou has been extremely good, as Lou has been over time, he has also not been the key guy we have needed him to be at the most critical times!

A fresh start, considering we have Schneider, could be good for everybody!

Luongo never carried the Canucks to the finals.... Sedins got us past sharks, Kesler was a beast vs the Preds, we almost lost to the Hawks in the 1st round and we lost to the Bruins in the finals, Luongo gets too much heat for the loss and not deserved but he didn't carry us there.

1st Round, We wouldn't have beat the Hawks without him, there is no way. Luongo was the main reason we won that series.

2nd Round, He was good in that series, not great but good, he didn't hurt us at all, but he wasn't the reason, Kesler carried us.

3rd Round, I agree that the sedins got us by them but he was just as good as Niemi if not better and he was much better at times, while we were so much better than the Sharks in that series I think that if he wasn't as good as he was it would have been much, much closer and we could possibly have lost.

Finals: He choked in Boston but the Bottom line is we would have been swept without him, he carried us in all 3 of our wins, he was the reason we won those games.

We wouldn't have gotten out of the 1st Round without him, and Overall he was our MVP throughout the entire run.

You really think we didn't have the depth to beat the Hawks or any team for that matter, without Luongo? I mean, Luongo is good but our team around him was so good, I don't think he was the only reason we won...He was clutch in game 7, but where did he show up in games 4 and 5? I'm not bashing Lu or anything, but "there is no way we would have won" doesn't seem right, especially when you don't really back it up with anything. Lu, however, in the second series I thought played well in comparison to the first. But who knows, maybe it was just me...

Yeah well Luongo was our best, he was our best player in all of our wins (arguably) but in games 1 and 7 especially he was our best, I doubt we would have won that series without him.

And I team was terrible in those games too, like in game 5. they way they left Hossa just walk right down mainstreet was brutal, it just deflated us.

I doubt that Schneids or anyone else would have won us games 4 & 5, we were brutal.

Who knows? Schneider played pretty well in game 6 despite the poor stick handling which led to the loss. Luongo just typically does not play well in the United Center, and even though the team may not have been all that good around him, I'm pretty sure there were some soft ones too (forgive my memory I can't really recall many of the goals against so I can't provide exact plays).

Ya but that's where the experiance of Lu comes in handy, he wouldnt have let those in.

And I would disagree, he has his share of bad games but he plays well alot there too, like in the Reg season last year (2010-11) when he played amazing and we got a 2-0 Shutout win (might have been 3-0), then this past year when we played them and they won in OT Lu was amazing, then there's the playoffs.

I would say it's 50/50, sometimes he plays great there sometimes he doesn't.

Archived