Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Which Leaf defenseman do we want ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
220 replies to this topic

#91 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

I really don't think Vancouver and Toronto are good trading partners. There's not much id want from them besides their first rounder.
Gillis could sign a UFA defenseman (Garrison, Allen, Jackman, Wideman, etc.) all better and would fit our needs more then anything Toronto could offer.
http://Posted Image

#92 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

!Burke is not going to trade his 1st , Gardiner , or Kessel! So with that in mind , I see us getting a useable d-man like Gunnarson, a high end prospect likekadri to play on the second line , a prospect for the wolves-perhaps ashton or something and a second rounder or two for some package of lu,ballard,and maybe raymond. With our first thrown in maybe we get Schenn too , but beyond somethging along these lines Burke will not take on that contract imo.

#93 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,795 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Dougie Hamilton.

Oh wait...

TOML
Posted Image

#94 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Do u not know what we are trading?

we aren't trading Booth, or Bieksa, or even Kesler, were trading Luongo, while you may think his value isn't much it's more than you think.

I agree. I live in T.O. and people around here are praying that they can get luongo.

Only those in Van don't see what this guy is worth. For some reason they all think he's useless and not worth anything. Well I'm here to tell you there are a lot of people in T.O. willing to give up the farm for this guy.

#95 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

None, Weber ftw :emot-parrot:

#96 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I don't see Kessel, lupul, or Gardnier being moved. No way.

Real possibilities are Kadri, kulemin, and possibly bozak.

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#97 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

If i was in the same room as you i would knock your b*tch a*s out

it's tasteless for him to say, but something to really think about. things would be very different i think.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#98 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

I didn't even know that the Leafs had defensemen...

#99 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,740 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

you guys do realize that Gardiner is a future #1 D man and is worth A LOT more than Luongo

In what world? Oh yeah in Maple Leaf land where Bozek is a # 1 Center and a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years is still considered one of the best teams on the planet.

A lot of you need to pull your heads out of the sand I think. Gardiner played one year on a crap team, did not help their defence what so ever and managed to put up some decent points on a young team with little skill. To me that sounds a lot like Grabner, Blake, or some other one hit wonder. What is it that makes people think he is actually a skilled defenceman? I guess to answer my own question he has some potential based on his point production and prospect profile but I would worry about a forward converted to D that did not appear to help the Leafs at all defensively. We've already got Gragnani.

I'd rather have Schenn, who shoots right, has really good size, and lays down a tremendous amount of hits, and has had to endure his entire youth career in a horrible hockey franchise. He fits what we are looking for a lot more than Gardiner. He is 6'2 230 lbs, almost led the league in hitting. I think his potential worth is a lot more than Gardiner as well. He was the 5th overall pick overall. It's a lot easier to put up points on a crappy team then it is to be a 22 year old league standout as a shutdown d on a crappy team. Schenn is easily the better player for us to want ... IMNSHO. :)

Edited by Dogbyte, 04 June 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#100 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

None. Draft one of our own from the 2012 draft.

Reinhart.

That would be a good pick imo.

#101 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I don't get why people undervalue Luongo so much, remember what we gave for him? And his value has gone up alot since then imo, 7 straight 30+ win seasons, gold medal winner and got within 1 win of the cup. we should be able to get a good return for him.

Edited by Tm085, 04 June 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#102 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Gardiner and Kulemin?

#103 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

You do realize that Luongo is a #1 goalie right now and is proven.
Gardiner and a 1st for Luongo and Vancouvers 1st.

Overpayment IMO

#104 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,085 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I can just imagine the expletives flying out of Burkie's mouth this morning... Gillis can really let this percolate in Toronto now.

#105 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Gardiner + 1st for Luongo + 1st + Gragnani

Then flip to Edmonton

Ballard + Tanev + 5th for 1st overall

Defence becomes Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Gardiner, Schultz, Salo, Alberts, Connauton... sign one more D with Cap space?

Edited by gizmo2337, 04 June 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#106 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Liles/Schenn and Bozak for Luongo. That's what we're getting and you should all be thankful Gillis won't be signing contracts like this ever again.
Posted Image

#107 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Liles/Schenn and Bozak for Luongo. That's what we're getting and you should all be thankful Gillis won't be signing contracts like this ever again.

I don't think MG wants to be the league goat boy GM.

At least by that proposal, I hope not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If mg trades for any leafs we are doomed. And that's not just baseless hate talk.

Burke has created a fail team relative to a legit contender. No sense in bailing the worlds greatest hockey team ever out of their pathetic situation.

We are already establishing ourselves as a regular season dream team.

Edited by riffraff, 04 June 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#108 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

I agree. I live in T.O. and people around here are praying that they can get luongo.

Only those in Van don't see what this guy is worth. For some reason they all think he's useless and not worth anything. Well I'm here to tell you there are a lot of people in T.O. willing to give up the farm for this guy.

Yes I was reading some comments on the Sportsnet Ontario boards, and alot of Toronto fans were saying a similar thing, and if you guys did get him I could see him taking you into the playoffs.

Honestly he was probably the main reason we finished in first this year, our team shouldn't have finished first he was carrying us for long stretches at a time, and in my opinion he was definetly our MVP.

zackass.png

#109 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,085 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

I've been thinking Franson, Colborne and next year's first (or this year's second and another prospect) - but have to rethink that now...muahahaha
And the Franson rights might not be a great idea - I could see Burke turning around and offer sheeting Franson :lol: - feeling resentful that circumstances and timing did not play out in his favor, and he had to pay a big price to finally land a legitimate starter.

#110 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Is that the guy who made eye contact with Lucic then proceded to get that same eye blackened.

Twice. And it wasn't just the eye. It was the whole face. He relentlessly smashed Lucic's fist over and over again with his face.
In fact, I think I got a black eye just watching.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#111 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,613 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'll take the 5th pick plus Schenn, thanks. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Kadri. People around here complain about how our rookies are treated, but NK couldn't get a break on a bottom feeding team like the Leafs.

Heck, I'd take him just for his shootout ability...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#112 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

People who say Schenn sucks are morons. Kid is 22 years old, one year ago he was untouchable. He had an inconsistent year and Toronto fans are all over him trying to dump him on the first team possible(Sound Familiar?). If we can get Schenn and a first for Lu I'd be doing cartwheels

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

#113 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Are team gets pushed around why the frack would you guys want gardiner. I say we get bigger and quire komisarek this man is a beast. alot of fans did not want lapierre but a month in to his canuck career everyone was complementing him KOMISAREK was tremendous on mtl i would love him here. the only guy on are team who can clear someon in front of the net is bieksa but i guarante you komisarek will do anything to block a shot.

#114 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Are team gets pushed around why the frack would you guys want gardiner. I say we get bigger and quire komisarek this man is a beast. alot of fans did not want lapierre but a month in to his canuck career everyone was complementing him KOMISAREK was tremendous on mtl i would love him here. the only guy on are team who can clear someon in front of the net is bieksa but i guarante you komisarek will do anything to block a shot.

a big HELL NO to the giant pylon

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

#115 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

I the only d-men they have that I like are C.Franson C.Gunnerson and L.Schenn.

I would be pretty pissed off if MG aquired Komisarek.

I have a strong feeling that the majority of us Canucks fans aren't going to be satisfied with what
we get in return for Luongo.

#116 Mtl_Dan

Mtl_Dan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Pretty tough call, I don't think such a good goalie with such a bad contract has ever been traded before so there's not much to compare to. Burke is very high on Gardiner so I don't see him letting him go, I doubt he would trade this years first either. Next years first rounder might be a realistic option, Burke always seems quite optimistic that the Leafs will finish higher in the standings year over year. Whatever MG does, please no Komisarek. The guy is useless, Luongo could probably skate faster than him. Either way, for Luongo's sake we should really try to trade the guy to Tampa, Toronto is just as hard on goalies as Van.

#117 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

If i was in the same room as you i would knock your b*tch a*s out

Tough talk from a guy with an anime avatar.

#118 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

We are getting Komo. That's all there is to it. If it wasn't for Ballard I actually don't mind Komo. He gives us something we don't have, a legit heavy weight who can play. But since we are taking deadweight cap off of their books, it's only fair that we get their 1st rounder in return. It sounds too good of a deal for us so I think we should give them our 1st rounder.
Posted Image

#119 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Tough talk from a guy with an anime avatar.

I Laughed at that too. By saying he would "knock your b*tch a*s out", what he's really trying to say is, he would choose Pikatchu to battle for him. Nobody dare mention the name Luc Bourdon! Its offensive to keep his memory alive. :rolleyes:

#120 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

People who say Schenn sucks are morons. Kid is 22 years old, one year ago he was untouchable. He had an inconsistent year and Toronto fans are all over him trying to dump him on the first team possible(Sound Familiar?). If we can get Schenn and a first for Lu I'd be doing cartwheels

Being young and highly touted by Brian Burke in the past is hardly a ringing endorsement for any defenceman's abilities. Cleary you haven't watched this 22 year old "ex-untouchable" play more than a handful of games or you would be more worried about what he brings. Toronto fans aren't dumping on him unduly, his poor play over the last four seasons have made them and Burke very unhappy.

I would be ecstatic if MG could somehow pry the fifth overall out of TO in the Lu deal. If the deal were to include Schenn however, my joy would turn into despair.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.