The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG wants to get bigger and stronger..

Tangerines

EDIT: Plus 1 the comment below mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheEhrhoffEffect = Win

Luongo + something for Schenn OR Franson + Kulemin is a real possibility

May 24? Thats pretty recent.

Good find

No duh? What team doesn't want to get bigger and stronger.

Biggest mistake he made this season was not finding an upgrade for mason raymond.

The part I like is the younger part. This team needs an injection of youth to actually challenge the veterans.

Just look at the Kings, Devils and Bruins. All of these successful teams have giants up front who are also skilled and towers on defence.

Our top-6 forwards average around 6'0" tall and around 200lbs, but we don't have any huge forwards like Kopitar, Lucic, Kovalchuk, Zubrus, Ponikarovsky, Carter, Penner etc. who are around the 6'4" mark and some weigh in well over 220lbs. It's that extra size that makes their forwards more durable and better conditioned for a long off-season.

Well some teams have more size and grit than others and require other needs to round out thier line up. I feel like we posses enough speed and talent to be successful, but lack in other areas such as size and grit for example.

Yea, and the frustrating thing is we've known this for years, but haven't done anything to adress it.

Were Alberts, Bitz, and Weise really our answer to that problem?

We had Torres who was a freight train on skates, but for some reason let him go. Now we acquired Kassian, which is good, but he's likely a fews year away from being an impact player.

Hopefully we can acquire these players over the summer. To me, getting younger and stronger point to giving Kassian and Jensen a chance in the top 6 this season though.

Just look at the Kings, Devils and Bruins. All of these successful teams have giants up front who are also skilled and towers on defence.

Our top-6 forwards average around 6'0" tall and around 200lbs, but we don't have any huge forwards like Kopitar, Lucic, Kovalchuk, Zubrus, Ponikarovsky, Carter, Penner etc. who are around the 6'4" mark and some weigh in well over 220lbs. It's that extra size that makes their forwards more durable and better conditioned for a long off-season.

I'd love to pick up Kyle Beach but I'm not sure what we could offer that Hawks would do, Kassian and Beach on the same team would scare the crap out of the NW, if both end up being the mean SOB top 6ers they can be. I'd like Luke Schenn and Carter Ashton here in a Luongo trade brings in young with skill, size and grit.

Well if we we're gonna make a trade with Anaheim, the player that makes us bigger, younger, and stronger, and just happens to be a right winger is Bobby Ryan.

Booth Kesler Ryan

Brett Connolly would be another option if we make a trade with Tampa.

Archived