The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many Nhl teams are there that need a starting goalie?

There could be more during the regular season especially if guys like Rask and Crawford start off bad and if Brodeur retires.

So as of right now (in no paticular order) I would have to say teams like,

1. Toronto

2. Tampa Bay

3. Columbus

4. Edmonton

5. Islanders

So I count 5 right now but I think it could double during the nhl season with teams like New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, San Jose and Chicago.

Dude, not to be a dick, but on behalf of CDC please stop making threads. There is no point to them - these are things that have already been discussed to death.

I never cease to be amazed at some posters.....

P.S. This isn't even Canucks Talk.

Dude, not to be a dick, but on behalf of CDC please stop making threads. There is no point to them - these are things that have already been discussed to death.

I never cease to be amazed at some posters.....

P.S. This isn't even Canucks Talk.

You are being a dick and you don't have to read my threads.You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.This thread has a lot to do with the Canucks. The Canucks will be potentially trading one of our goalies this offseason.

You are being a dick and you don't have to read my threads.You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.This thread has a lot to do with the Canucks. The Canucks will be potentially trading one of our goalies this offseason.

I don't recall there being a thread addressing the goaltending of other teams around the league

If this turns into a "which team should trade for Luongo" thread it'll be locked because that has been done to death. But if the OP just wants to look at which teams may need a better goalie going into next season, I think that's fine.

HV88

I think the whole Thomas taking a year off really hurt the Blackhawks. There is no way Chicago will go into next season with out having a proven back up or starter on that team. I don't think they have faith in Crawford and the same can be said in Philadelphia.

Philly is in a lot more trouble because of the amount of money they have tied up in Bryzgalov.

Things will get very interesting soon.

Only 18 days left until the draft and 27 days until free agency.

The other one I never saw coming was the Penguins paying 2 million to a back up Fleury.

Brian Burke will have the gun to his head too. All he had to give up was a 7th rounder and pay Vokoun 2 mill per year.

Maybe Vokoun wouldn't of signed with them but you know the leaf nation are choked that they didn't try and only lose out on a 7th rounder.

Archived