Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Luongo for phaneuf?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

So here it goes. To VAN. Phaneuf. Bozak Brown To TOR. Luongo. Ballard Malhotra Reasons: VAN gets a big physical Dman and A good playmaker for kelser and booth.TOR get a good goalie that should get them to the playoffs a good Top4 DMAN and malhotra that will help their penalty kill and a great defensive 3rd line center Sighings: Morn 1.75 million per year for 3 Schneider 3.5million per year for 5years. Raymond 1million per year for 2years Schultz 1million per year for 3 years Lineup: Sedins borrows. Booth kesler Bozak. Higgins Schroeder Hansen. Moen Lappy brown. Bieksa Hamhuis. Elder phaneuf. Tanev Schultz. Schneider. Lack. This team has skilled size speed and toughness

#2 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,953 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

How scarier can he get in a Canucks uniform?!?

307mg00.jpg

#3 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Do you know how to make paragraphs and indent?

First of all Toronto wouldn't trade their captain and number one Dman, we really have no need for Brown or Bozak.
Malhotra also has a Limited NMC, so if Toronto isn't on the list it wont work.
Posted Image

#4 i4i

i4i

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

This is actually not that bad, IMO. I could see both teams benefiting from this. We get a good D-man if Salo retires, and Toronto gets the goalie they need.

Posted Image

Sig made by allons-y. Concept by canuckforever00.

Thanks guys.

#5 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I actually wouldn't mind, Phaneuf has 2 years left on his contract and he's a big and very physical defenseman that we could use in the playoffs. With Phaneuf on the team, players will think twice before running at the twins.

#6 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

We get a big tough Dman in phaneuf a playmaker we need and a tough 4th liner they get a good goalie a good Dman that needs a flesh start and a Good defensive guy coach likes but does phaneuf have a NTC also would they give us bozak they are keeping the 5th pick in the draft that will replace bozak is it even and does both teams cap hits manageable

#7 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

phaneuf is known as a cancer in the dressing room and is terrible defensively.....why would we want him again?

#8 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

phaneuf is known as a cancer in the dressing room and is terrible defensively.....why would we want him again?

Plus isn't his cap hit like 6.5 million? For a million more you could have Weber ;)
http://Posted Image

#9 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Do you know how to make paragraphs and indent?

First of all Toronto wouldn't trade their captain and number one Dman, we really have no need for Brown or Bozak.
Malhotra also has a Limited NMC, so if Toronto isn't on the list it wont work.

Ever since Phaneuf left Calgary he has done s*** all and been overpaid. His salary is like $5 Million a year and he hasn't done anything except been named the Captain of a team that Mason Raymond could be the captain of.

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#10 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

We get a big tough Dman in phaneuf a playmaker we need and a tough 4th liner they get a good goalie a good Dman that needs a flesh start and a Good defensive guy coach likes but does phaneuf have a NTC also would they give us bozak they are keeping the 5th pick in the draft that will replace bozak is it even and does both teams cap hits manageable

Then why doesn't he get some bath salts?

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#11 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

How scarier can he get in a Canucks uniform?!?

Estatic NHL rookie. As his Flames tenure goes on -- this team sucks, getting kind of pissed. In Toronto -- Man, this team really sucks. I had it better in Calgary.
Posted Image

#12 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,063 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'd do it I guess.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#13 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Why wouldn't you want phaneuf AV can.teach him there is no I in team. what we need is a good Dman that is big that is willing to fight and hit and phaneuf is edler perfect partner Phaneuf >earrhoff He will add something we need it is called. Toughness

#14 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,298 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Say what you want, Phaneuf is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs - a big, mean, physical angry defenceman who is great in front of his own net, has a bomb of a shot and is itching to get into the playoffs.

But I say this team needs Luongo more than Schneider if it wants to win a Cup right now, so I would propose this:

Schneider and Ballard for Phaneuf and Gustafsson.

Simply put, Toronto get their star future goalie and experience on the blueline to replace Phaneuf. We get that big physical #1 defenceman we've been looking for and a backup capable of 20 games to relieve Luongo of some fatigue.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen
Bitz - Lapierre - Kassian

Edler - Phaneuf
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Gustafsson

That is already a much bigger, more physical lineup from the forwards to defence to goalies even. Size is clearly how you win in this league nowadays, the more durable the forwards the better and depth up front is key while big strong defencemen are whats needed to contend with the other giant forwards out there. This team would have faired well against the Kings' and Bruins' big forwards.
Posted Image

#15 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Say what you want, Phaneuf is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs - a big, mean, physical angry defenceman who is great in front of his own net, has a bomb of a shot and is itching to get into the playoffs.

But I say this team needs Luongo more than Schneider if it wants to win a Cup right now, so I would propose this:

Simply put, Toronto get their star future goalie and experience on the blueline to replace Phaneuf. We get that big physical #1 defenceman we've been looking for and a backup capable of 20 games to relieve Luongo of some fatigue.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Edler - Phaneuf
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Gustafsson

That is already a much bigger, more physical lineup from the forwards to defence to goalies even. Size is clearly how you win in this league nowadays, the more durable the forwards the better and depth up front is key while big strong defencemen are whats needed to contend with the other giant forwards out there. This team would have faired well against the Kings' and Bruins' big forwards.

I agreed with everything you said but luongo should be traded instead of schneider. if we want to keep the amex line (booth-kesler-higgins) how will our 3rd line look hansen schroeder kassian which isn't bad at all .Assuming the cap goes to 70 million I rather trade luongo not just because schnieder is better but luongo has a bigger cap hit. That way we can handle phaneuf cap hit have some more money for schnieder and a few others this year and some before they become free agent next year like burrows edler higgins tanev ect...

#16 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

This is what happens as time goes by playing for the Flames and Leafs.

#17 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

This is what happens as time goes by playing for the Flames and Leafs.

You develope male pattern baldness and early signs of depression o_o
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#18 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

phaneuf can't be happy in toronto he want to win a cup is that wrong to want to win but the problem he's on a bad team if traded to vancouver he will be happy a great lockeroom guy and will helps us win the cup

#19 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

This is actually not that bad, IMO. I could see both teams benefiting from this. We get a good D-man if Salo retires, and Toronto gets the goalie they need.

(As long as Suter's not signed in Detroit yet) let's get Suter! Ryan and Dion are similar in some ways, aggressive, with offensive shot and physicality. The similarity ends there. Ryan's strong defensively, much like his partner Weber, whereas Phaneuf's basically like Bieksa in terms of play in his own end with an overpaid aspect.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#20 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

(As long as Suter's not signed in Detroit yet) let's get Suter! Ryan and Dion are similar in some ways, aggressive, with offensive shot and physicality. The similarity ends there. Ryan's strong defensively, much like his partner Weber, whereas Phaneuf's basically like Bieksa in terms of play in his own end with an overpaid aspect.

Trade malhotra and raymond(rights) for JVR

lineup
sedins burrows
booth kesler JVR
hansen schroeder higgins
moen lappy bitz

phaneuf suter
bieksa hamhuis
edler tanev

schneider
lack ( Maybe hasek)

#21 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Trade malhotra and raymond(rights) for JVR

lineup
sedins burrows
booth kesler JVR
hansen schroeder higgins
moen lappy bitz

phaneuf suter
bieksa hamhuis
edler tanev

what happened to Bozak and Brown? I'm assuming you stuck with the OP's proposal; RK17 could really use a play maker like Tyler, who has worked well with elite snipers like Kessel

Edited by MessiNacity10, 04 June 2012 - 09:43 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#22 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

what happened to Bozak and Brown? I'm assuming you stuck with the OP's proposal; RK17 could really use a play maker like Tyler, who has worked well with elite snipers like Kessel

I was thanking bruke wouldn't trade bozak unless we them higgins or edler but i doubt MG will ethier one of them so dump bozak and brown out of the trade

To Van
Phaneuf

To Toronto
luongo
ballard

than

To van
JVR

To phl
malhotra
raymond(rights)

#23 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Edler - Phaneuf
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Salo - Alberts
Tanev

Luongo
Gustafsson

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#24 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

I was thanking bruke wouldn't trade bozak unless we them higgins or edler but i doubt MG will ethier one of them so dump bozak and brown out of the trade

To Van
Phaneuf

To Toronto
luongo
ballard

than

To van
JVR

To phl
malhotra
raymond(rights)

LOLOL Manny and Raymonds RIGHTS for JVR???? :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

#25 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

LOLOL Manny and Raymonds RIGHTS for JVR???? :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

I had a good LOL at this one too :lol:

#26 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

I had a good LOL at this one too :lol:

That was a joke but do you think my proposal could happen I don't know because bozak had a great year and phaneuf is their captain so I don't what burke will give up????????

to Van
phaneuf
bozak
brown

to Tor
luongo
ballard
malhotra

luongo=phaneuf
ballard and malhotra=bozak

they get defense what the coach want we get a big dman that will help with our toughness a good big hitting 4th liner and a playmaker for kesler and booth. That only leave one ? in our lineup 3rd line center.

sedins burrows
booth kesler bozak
hansen ? higgins
moen lappy brown

phaneuf edler
bieksa hamhuis
tanev schultz

suter is not coming here we don't have the money same with weber unless they want to make less than 5million per year

#27 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

That was a joke but do you think my proposal could happen I don't know because bozak had a great year and phaneuf is their captain so I don't what burke will give up????????

to Van
phaneuf
bozak
brown

to Tor
luongo
ballard
malhotra

luongo=phaneuf
ballard and malhotra=bozak

they get defense what the coach want we get a big dman that will help with our toughness a good big hitting 4th liner and a playmaker for kesler and booth. That only leave one ? in our lineup 3rd line center.

sedins burrows
booth kesler bozak
hansen ? higgins
moen lappy brown

phaneuf edler
bieksa hamhuis
tanev schultz

suter is not coming here we don't have the money same with weber unless they want to make less than 5million per year

Id prefer to wait a year instead of paying Phaneuf 6.5, pay Weber 7.5-8.5 a year.
http://Posted Image

#28 Cucumber

Cucumber

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Id prefer to wait a year instead of paying Phaneuf 6.5, pay Weber 7.5-8.5 a year.

Phaneuf brings toughness that we need now if we want to win a cup. if we wait a year burrows edler higgins ect... will become free agents and a few of those players deserves more $$$ than they are getting pay now. not to say the sedins might start to slow down.To same some time we have to many players that will become free agents in the next few years that MG will want to stay. weber good but he not what we need we have 2-3 years of winning the cup I rather spend that can of money getting 2-3 players that will helps us like gillis said it not always the big moves that wins the cup it the smallers one that help win the cup.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.