The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo for phaneuf?

Say what you want, Phaneuf is EXACTLY the type of player this team needs - a big, mean, physical angry defenceman who is great in front of his own net, has a bomb of a shot and is itching to get into the playoffs.

But I say this team needs Luongo more than Schneider if it wants to win a Cup right now, so I would propose this:

Schneider and Ballard for Phaneuf and Gustafsson.

Simply put, Toronto get their star future goalie and experience on the blueline to replace Phaneuf. We get that big physical #1 defenceman we've been looking for and a backup capable of 20 games to relieve Luongo of some fatigue.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen

Bitz - Lapierre - Kassian

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Salo - Alberts

Tanev

Luongo

Gustafsson

That is already a much bigger, more physical lineup from the forwards to defence to goalies even. Size is clearly how you win in this league nowadays, the more durable the forwards the better and depth up front is key while big strong defencemen are whats needed to contend with the other giant forwards out there. This team would have faired well against the Kings' and Bruins' big forwards.

That was a joke but do you think my proposal could happen I don't know because bozak had a great year and phaneuf is their captain so I don't what burke will give up????????

to Van

phaneuf

bozak

brown

to Tor

luongo

ballard

malhotra

luongo=phaneuf

ballard and malhotra=bozak

they get defense what the coach want we get a big dman that will help with our toughness a good big hitting 4th liner and a playmaker for kesler and booth. That only leave one ? in our lineup 3rd line center.

sedins burrows

booth kesler bozak

hansen ? higgins

moen lappy brown

phaneuf edler

bieksa hamhuis

tanev schultz

suter is not coming here we don't have the money same with weber unless they want to make less than 5million per year

Archived