The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year Ago Today...

Franz Liszt

Haven't been able to watch highlights of the Boston series

It quite literally is just too damn painful and nauseating for me

After that goal I remember thinking that this was it. We were going to win the Cup. It didn't seem possible that we'd lose 4 of the next 5...

A lot of things contributed to the Canucks losing the cup. To say, "Luongo happened." and be done with it... I could argue fans like you had just as much an impact.

What kind of a building is Rogers arena, where there is more pressure on our goalie than the opposing team. Fans like you are the reason we didn't REALLY have home ice advantage that series. Our building is not one that the opposition is afraid to play in. It's a building our goalie is afraid to play in. Because of fans like you.

Your lack of testosterone and small grapes, leading to fans like you being too passive on the opposing team and not making enough noise, happened.

In all seriousness though, I'd say Vancouver fans are more of a problem to the Canucks than Luongo could ever aspire to be. Lay off the man.

MAYBE if the team averaged 2.5/3 goals a game you would have a point. But they didn't. They averaged ONE goal a game for the final four games.

So realistically Luongo has to pitch a shutout every single game for the Canucks to win.

Don't set your expectations too high there, cowboy.

He deserves just as much blame as the rest of the team and no more.

Archived