Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samirjaver

[Rumour] Fan 960 in Calgary: Luongo to Toronto done at draft

171 posts in this topic

I really wanted that 1st round pick of theirs...

We have to appreciate it is extremely unlikely that we end up with Gardiner/the 5th round pick.

For every Canucks fan that thinks those are on the table, theres an equally stupid Leafs fan who thinks the return will be Komisarek and a late pick.

There has to be value somewhere between the 2 extremes, and I don't think its outrageous to think the return would be based around

- Luke Schenn

- Nikolai Kulemin (or forwards not named Kessel/Lupul)

- 2nd Round Pick (unlikely since they have no 3rd/4th, so Van would likely send a 2nd/3rd back)

- Any Prospect not named Gardiner (Kadri, Colborne, Ashton, etc)

If we couldn't get the pick, I'd want Gardiner and Colborne coming back

Schenn regressed a bit this past season, but he was one of TO's better guys the season prior. He needs work and structure. Neither of which are prominent in TO's defense lately.

Interesting that TO's current top-5 pick is off the table, according to many over there, but Schenn and Kadri are on the table. What? Is BB pro-Russian now? Don't think so. I also don't think the 'nux should go after it unless they are able to draft Forsberg. Forsberg with the twins? Destiny fullfilled! lol

Komisarek? Bah. Take him if needed and demote him to Chicago if needed. Who cares about the cap when teams like NYR (and TO) get to bury whatever contracts they so choose. Cap, schmap.

I don't like the prospect of Luongo going to TO, myself. It will lead to a huge pile of hypocrisy coming out of there. Cherry will have to learn his name. He'll be their saviour. Their God. etc. Because they're even more goaltender-centric than us. And I don't like giving good players to TO, period. Sure, the trade might hurt them in the long term, but you have to think this move would also put that bloody team into the playoffs. And who wants that? Regards.

TOML

Samjam has a cdc account????

Two sides to my anticipation; while I am happy for the potential in Schneider, I am sad about Luongo leaving... These rumors just add to those emotions.

In my opinion? Who gives a damn. Whatever happens, happens.

Meanwhile, the draft is almost a month away. Certainly Luongo speculation will survive until then without added assistance from our friends in... Calgary? Right.

TOML

If teams can trade players now, why would they wait till the draft?

Hasn't Gillis been away on a fishing trip all weekend?

How can the deal be done? lots can happen leading to the draft.

I Smell poop

Well. No one aside from this VAN_CITY_NUCKS have heard this and who'd wanna listen to a calgary station at this time?

As Chief Wiggum would say; "Take em away, boys".

Edit - http://twitter.com/#.../van_city_nucks

He's just one of Samjam99's friends, by the look of it.

Oh my.....

Hope we get Schenn to play alongside Edler.

The NHL doesn't want teams not in the playoffs taking attention away from the action on the ice. I guess small trades like the Vokoun trade/signing are no big deal.

But if I were MG and BB I would say f&%k it. Announce the trade right when Dustin F.Face Brown lifts up the Cup.

Many are saying this. I highly doubt it's done. But I also wouldn't be that surprised if it's made. Hello Cody Franson?