Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Fan 960 in Calgary: Luongo to Toronto done at draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

#151 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Where have I heard this before? Something about a player from the Ducks being here for sure? And those rumours that AV was in Montreal having lunch with the Canadiens GM too?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd rather give up Ballard, Raymond, and Luongo to Tampa for Connolly and Hedman.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#152 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Where have I heard this before? Something about a player from the Ducks being here for sure? And those rumours that AV was in Montreal having lunch with the Canadiens GM too?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd rather give up Ballard, Raymond, and Luongo to Tampa for Connolly and Hedman.

I think every Canucks fan in the world would rather do that package than anything the leafs can give us. Hedman would be that #1 dman we covet and need so badly. I don't think tampa does that deal though. We'd have to replace ballard with Edler I think, and that's too steep.

#153 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Kassian
MacArthur Wilson Booth
UFA Lapierre Hansen

Garrison Weber
Bieksa Hamhuis
Franson Salo
Tanev

Edler + 1st round pick + Raymond + Kadri/Toronto pick for Weber + C.Wilson
Luongo to Toronto for Franson, Kadri, MacArthur

#154 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

It was heard early this afternoon on the radio... proof:

@Van_city_Nucks:

More info: they said Kessel and the team's 1st overall pick are the only untouchables.

Seriously, F@#% off. You are nothing but a little high school puke who makes sh$# up for attention. What's the matter? Mommy didn't hug you enough when you where younger? If this was infact reported on the The Fan 960, it would be on their freaking home page. It would also be picked up by major news outlets and legitimate members of the media like TSN, Bob Mckenzie, etc. Someone should call the Fan 960 and ask them about this alleged deal and they will laugh their faces off.

And if SamJam gets it "right," big deal... he took an educated guess on what has been widely speculated by the REAL media. See, I can do that too:

It's been reported that Roberto Luongo to the Tampa Bay Lightning is all but a done deal:

To Tampa Bay:

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:

Ryan Malone

Brett Connoly

Expect this deal to be annoucned some time during the draft.

I simply picked one of the teams speculated to be in the running for Luongo and I just threw names out there. If it happens, I can say my "insider sources" told me about this well in advance. If it doesn't, the deal fell through.

SamJam is a punk with too much time on his hands. He should be doing is homework instead of wasting people's time on these forums. SamJam needs to be banned for posting this rubbish over and over.

Edited by sedinaliens2233, 06 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#155 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Anyone who thinks TO's 5th overall pick is in play needs to take their orca-tinted glasses off. Luongo for Colborne, Schenn or Franson and TO's 2nd rounder might be something TO might do, but even that might be too optimistic. Sign Schultz, Brandon Prust and Travis Moen.

PLAYOFF ROSTER

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Malhotra/Colborne - Hansen
Prust - Lapierre - Moen
Malhotra/Colborne

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Schultz
Schenn/Ballard - Tanev
Schenn/Ballard
Alberts

Schneider
Lack

Edited by CanucksWino, 06 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#156 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Seriously, F@#% off.  You are nothing but a little high school puke who makes sh$# up for attention.  What's the matter? Mommy didn't hug you enough when you where younger?  If this was infact reported on the The Fan 960, it would be on their freaking home page.  It would also be picked up by major news outlets and legitimate members of the media like TSN, Bob Mckenzie, etc.  Someone should call the Fan 960 and ask them about this alleged deal and they will laugh their faces off.

And if SamJam gets it "right,"  big deal... he took an educated guess on what has been widely speculated by the REAL media.  See, I can do that too:

It's been reported that Roberto Luongo to the Tampa Bay Lightning is all but a done deal:

To Tampa Bay:

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:

Ryan Malone

Brett Connoly

Expect this deal to be annoucned some time during the draft.

I simply picked one of the teams speculated to be in the running for Luongo and I just threw names out there.  If it happens, I can say my "insider sources" told me about this well in advance. If it doesn't, the deal fell through.

SamJam is a punk with too much time on his hands.  He should be doing is homework instead of wasting people's time on these forums.  SamJam needs to be banned for posting this rubbish over and over.

Jesus Christ, talk about projecting. For someone bagging on another for being young, you sure behave like a hormonal 13 year old trying to feel his oats.

#157 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Jesus Christ, talk about projecting. For someone bagging on another for being young, you sure behave like a hormonal 13 year old trying to feel his oats.

I guess you're one of those mindless drones that wants to believe everything he hears... even if it is from some kid. Good on ya! Or perhaps you are one of SamJam's little buddies. Here is one for you... My inside source says that when the Kings win the cup, Dustin Brown is going to let Quick hoist the cup first. It's 100% true. It must be true right??? It's gotta be true, since you are hearing this from some random guy on the internet!

Re read my post, and tell me I'm wrong......It's called common sense...People should use it instead of believing some kid and jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and I wasn't baggin on him for being young, I was baggin on him for being and idiot.

Edited by sedinaliens2233, 06 June 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#158 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

I guess you're one of those mindless drones that wants to believe everything he hears... even if it is from some kid.  Good on ya!  Or perhaps you are one of SamJam's little buddies.  Here is one for you...  My inside source says that when the Kings win the cup, Dustin Brown is going to let Quick hoist the cup first.  It's 100% true.  It must be true right??? It's gotta be true, since you are hearing this from some random guy on the internet!

Re read my post, and tell me I'm wrong......It's called common sense...People should use it instead of believing some kid and jumping to conclusions.

Here's the issue - I don't believe samjam, and I don't know him. Never talked to him.Just because I'm a voice of reason calling you out doesn't mean that I'm one of samjam's friends. You are calling someone out for making rumours about hockey players and including personal attacks in these posts. This is not right. I am defending samjam because you are being too irrational.

#159 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Maybe saMjaM is a relative of somebody in upper managment? Maybe all of cdc could ask their MoMs for some change and hire a PI to find out his true identity? Maybe MagnuM or Rockford.

#160 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

I guess you're one of those mindless drones that wants to believe everything he hears... even if it is from some kid. Good on ya! Or perhaps you are one of SamJam's little buddies. Here is one for you... My inside source says that when the Kings win the cup, Dustin Brown is going to let Quick hoist the cup first. It's 100% true. It must be true right??? It's gotta be true, since you are hearing this from some random guy on the internet!

Oh, and I wasn't baggin on him for being young, I was baggin on him for being and idiot.

I have no idea whether samjam is right or wrong, or the son of someone important in the TO organization, but you are getting really pissed off about this. Why? Why so incredibly irate?
If he's wrong, he's wrong. If he's right, he's right. No one is getting hurt by this unless they are putting some huge amount of stock in what amounts to be nothing more than a rumor.
Seriously. I'm not even going to judge you on this - you're free to feel any way you want. I just can't understand the pure, molten hatred you have for this kid.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#161 Lups

Lups

Jebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

http://forum.canucks...6#entry10687366

Bye Bye Samjam and his credibility!

#162 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Schenn is terrible. He makes awful decisions in the defensive zone. I can't be the only one whose seen this, can I?

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#163 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Schenn is terrible. He makes awful decisions in the defensive zone. I can't be the only one whose seen this, can I?

Yes, Schenn has a tendency to give the puck away - much like Ballard. In fact, Schenn had more giveaways per TOI than Ballard. However, Toronto's play style had weaker puck support under Wilson, so the defense as a whole had 20% more giveaways than Vancouver's.

But in pretty much all other statistical categories, Schenn absolutely slaughters Ballard:

Minutes played per:
Hit - 4.7 vs. 12.0
Takeaway - 45.3 vs. 91.4
Goal - 634 vs. 731
Assist - 63.4 vs. 121.8

And that is on what many call Schenn's weakest season, whereas most would say Ballard's play this year was an improvement from last. Schenn right now is a significant improvement on Ballard, and his cap hit is almost a million less.

But the kicker is...Schenn is 22 years-old. To put that into perspective, he's only 7 weeks older than Chris Tanev. Do you think Tanev is as good now as he will ever be? Of course not, he's young and has room to grow. Schenn is in the same boat. He's already a good (not yet "great") NHL-calibre defenseman, and he's likely to only get better. He even has the long-shot potential to be an elite, top-pairing shutdown guy. (The potential for that isn't necessarily as strong as once thought, but it's still there.)

Edited by D-Money, 06 June 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#164 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yes, Schenn has a tendency to give the puck away - much like Ballard. In fact, Schenn had more giveaways per TOI than Ballard. However, Toronto's play style had weaker puck support under Wilson, so the defense as a whole had 20% more giveaways than Vancouver's.

But in pretty much all other statistical categories, Schenn absolutely slaughters Ballard:

Minutes played per:
Hit - 4.7 vs. 12.0
Takeaway - 45.3 vs. 91.4
Goal - 634 vs. 731
Assist - 63.4 vs. 121.8

And that is on what many call Schenn's weakest season, whereas most would say Ballard's play this year was an improvement from last. Schenn right now is a significant improvement on Ballard, and his cap hit is almost a million less.

But the kicker is...Schenn is 22 years-old. To put that into perspective, he's only 7 weeks older than Chris Tanev. Do you think Tanev is as good now as he will ever be? Of course not, he's young and has room to grow. Schenn is in the same boat. He's already a good (not yet "great") NHL-calibre defenseman, and he's likely to only get better. He even has the long-shot potential to be an elite, top-pairing shutdown guy. (The potential for that isn't necessarily as strong as once thought, but it's still there.)

C'mon D-Money....

No-ones looking for actual facts here. It's all about opinions and how we'd all get along just fine if everyone realized that "my" opinion is the right one... ;)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#165 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

One more thing - in the last two seasons (161 games), Schenn has made 521 hits.

Last season, our top hitting blueliner was Edler. In his entire 386-game NHL career, he has 487.

I think they'd make a great pairing. Schenn would allow Edler to focus more on puckmoving.

Edited by D-Money, 06 June 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

#166 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Piece of crap Samjam...Lu posted on his twitter that your flop yet mods are stupid enough to still allow you to post your bs

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#167 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think it is a false comparison to be making between Schenn and Ballard.

Ballard couldn't crack our lineup on most nights and got outplayed by Chris Tanev... who cares if Schenn is better than him.

The question is:

Is Vancouver a better team next season with Luongo still here or with him gone and Schenn here.

We are better with Luongo here in my opinion. Having two 1st rate goalies for another season is not ideal, but is a better scenario than ensuring that you get worse in the short term.

Schenn would be on our 3rd pairing and provide hits which is something we need. But it is doubtful that he wins us more games than what a league minimum backup to Schneider loses us in his 20 or so starts.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#168 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Minutes played per:
Hit - 4.7 vs. 12.0
Takeaway - 45.3 vs. 91.4
Goal - 634 vs. 731
Assist - 63.4 vs. 121.8

A defensive shut-down defenseman who has a tendency to make poor decisions in the defensive zone.....this is going to turn out well.

He has potential, but so does every 3th or 7th round D pick.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

#169 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

One more thing - in the last two seasons (161 games), Schenn has made 521 hits.

Last season, our top hitting blueliner was Edler. In his entire 386-game NHL career, he has 487.

I think they'd make a great pairing. Schenn would allow Edler to focus more on puckmoving.

I have my doubts about it. Puckmoving isn't something you just "turn on." He won't become Ehrhoff, or Campbell.

#170 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Couple thoughts on Schenn: I hope if (big "if") the Nucks do get him, that fans wouldn't expect anything more than a raw, young defenseman that is still more "potential" than "sure thing." But, he is young, big and has leadership qualities, and it's amazing how bad any defenseman in the league can look when you're playing in front of the league's 2nd-worst goaltending (TO was 2nd-worst in team GAA and SVP).

I just think it's not realistic to expect that the Leafs part with Gardiner in a deal for Luongo - Gardiner, Kessel and the 5th overall pick are likely untouchable. If people aren't fans of Schenn, Franson is another realistic piece that could come back the other way...

#171 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Don't know how I missed seeing this one.

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources:

• Any links to posts or threads on other message boards
  • Any links to personal blogs
  • Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast
  • Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video
  • Any news spread by word of mouth

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.