Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I love this team going in the 2012- 2013 season.

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Roach

Evil Roach

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

POPULAR

I am more than comfortable going in next season with the team we have right now. I feel like every canucks fan out there is looking for that blockbuster trade or that massive signing this off season. I'm not saying that if those things happened, I would disapproved it. I'm simply saying the team we have right now is still the back to back presidents champion.

After an early first round exit, the boys will be extra motivated for next season.

With:

Alain Vigneault: Best coach in Canucks history. The man that has more wins than any other bench boss in franchise history

Henrik and Daniel Sedin: Will go down in franchise history as two of the best players to have ever put on the Canucks jersey.

Ryan Kesler: The man who can be a first line centre for another team. A leader by example. Single handedly made Carey Underwood cry.

Alex Burrows: The heart and soul of the team. 2 mil for a 30 goal scorer..enough said.

David Booth: The former 30 goal scorer showed glimpse of brilliants last season. Played only 56 games last season and had 16 goals. You just have to wonder if he can reach 25+ goals in a healthy season.

Alexander Edler: All-star defence man that had a 49 point season. And oh yeah, he's only 26.

Kevin Bieksa: This crazy dude just plays with his heart.

Dan Hamhuis: BC born that's steady and reliable. Finally played a full season and had 37 points. Lead the team with a +29.

Mason Raymond: Coming back from a serious injury, this guy struggled last season. Having a healthy offseason this year tells me a comeback year is about to happen.

Jannik Hansen: Showed us all how speed actually kills. Had 16 goals last season and 39 points while jumping back in forth to the 3rd and 4th line. Makes you wonder, do we have another 20 goal scoring checker?

Chris Higgins: Dude had 43 points in 71 games last season. Maybe coming back to his 08-09 form where he scored 27 goals with the habs.

Manny Maholtra: Dude coming back from an eye surgery. Hope he takes a pay cut to resign and be that guy in the middle of the 4th line.

Sami Salo: Nothing needs to be said.

Dale Wease: Only 23. This guy will mature and will get better.

Zack Kassian: Dude looks scary. I hope he can take all our crap and prove us all wrong. If the dude is not motivated about what was said about him last season, don't know what will. Kassian coming out party 2012?

Maxim Lapierre: This guy actually has some skills when he shuts up. In my mind a perfect 4th liner.

Roberto Luongo: Best goaltender in franchise history, will go down to be one of the best goalies to ever play the game. Olympic gold-medalist.

Cory Schneider: Goalie of the future. Future superstar.

I will not be dissapointed if GM MG can not make any splash this offseason. The team is still going to be better than 95% of the league.

If a trade or no trade happens, I will still love this team.

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS TEAM :wub:

Edited by Oh-MG!, 05 June 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#2 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

POPULAR

If Raymond is back, I'm going to go bald.
Posted Image

#3 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

I am perfectly fine with everyone coming back including Luongo and Schneider - the only person I wouldn't want to see come back would be Mason Raymond - I am not down to watch him skate to the boards and bodycheck himself and fall.. I've given him enough chances.

#4 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

I am perfectly fine with everyone coming back including Luongo and Schneider - the only person I wouldn't want to see come back would be Mason Raymond - I am not down to watch him skate to the boards and bodycheck himself and fall.. I've given him enough chances.

Yes. It's been beaten to death on 1040 as well and I completely agree. He's a far cry from the guy that scored 25 two seasons ago. I'm not trying to rip into the guy, at least he tries, but for whatever reason it's not working. And when it's not working you need to make changes. And in this scenario I think it's time to say good bye.
Posted Image

#5 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

POPULAR

Dude, totally man :emot-parrot:

please no Raymond ::D

Edited by Jester13, 05 June 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#6 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

the glass is half full with this guy

#7 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

POPULAR

Dude is full of positivity :lol:
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#8 Kola Nuts

Kola Nuts

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

Rome says hi

Edited by SILLY GOOSE, 05 June 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Ukcanuckzfan

Ukcanuckzfan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

Get in there :emot-parrot: :canucks:
C:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Ibrahim.gifC:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Animation Gif what happened.gif

#10 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

POPULAR

Oh yay, the back to back Pres Trophies argument again. And the game 7 of finals argument again. And the AV is so awesome argument again.

If I were a player I'd rather be on the team with that mean s.o.b. for a coach, that came in dead last, then plowed through everyone with a perfect road record, and won the Cup in a probable sweep. The Kings are up there with the Bruins in terms of how much I like them, but give me their record over 2 Pres Trophies any day.

The glass may indeed be half full with this guy, but it's still full of piss.

Edited by BuckFoston, 05 June 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#11 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

I will not be dissapointed if GM MG can not make any splash this offseason. The team is still going to be better than 95% of the league.

I see that math is by far not your strong suit in this matter.

#12 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

POPULAR

Oh yay, the back to back Pres Trophies argument again. And the game 7 of finals argument again. And the AV is so awesome argument again.

If I were a player I'd rather be on the team with that mean s.o.b. for a coach, that came in dead last, then plowed through everyone with a perfect road record, and won the Cup in a probable sweep. The Kings are up there with the Bruins in terms of how much I like them, but give me their record over 2 Pres Trophies any day.

You just said everything that I was thinking. Your'e alright in my book.

#13 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

POPULAR

After the Stanley Cup Final loss, everyone said that the team was going to be even more motivated than before. And what happened? Plus they said they were going to do it for Rypper and Luc.

#14 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I love this team going into every season.

Seriously though, ya I'm excited about next season. I'm excited for Jordan Schroeder to get his chance with the big club since Kesler will be injured. Maybe even Anton Rodin will get a shot.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#15 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

You just said everything that I was thinking. Your'e alright in my book.

Until I start talking out of my bum again, that is ::D

#16 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

After the Stanley Cup Final loss, everyone said that the team was going to be even more motivated than before. And what happened? Plus they said they were going to do it for Rypper and Luc.

Yeah, but you know they were, like, oh em gee, REALLY tired and outta gas and all that even though every single player you talk to says that when you are in the playoffs nothing else matters and there is no such thing as tired and/or injured. You give it everything you have, and when you do - you win.

#17 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

The team also suffered a lot of tradegy last year. With the lost of Rypien and Demitra. It wears on them emotionally. Everyone forgets to mention that part. I bet you it was very hard for Beiska to get up most days thinking about how hard he tried to keep his friend alive and he must feel that he didnt succeed in someway.

I still think we need to get rid of Kesler. I think hes becoming a cancer. He sounds like hes high maintence.

Oh yeah you forgot Higgins
Life is short, LIVE IT

#18 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

I dunno dude..

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#19 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#20 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

dude, this is gonna be a LONG summer. Fiending for some Canucks hockey, although they will profit from the long offseason.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#21 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

You and I sir...should grab a drink together sometime

#22 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Well said, Sir .. well said indeed! .. ****Weiser clap*** .. :)
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#23 Pacificgem

Pacificgem

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

You're in love with the same team that got their azz's handed to them in the first round? "shakes head" :picard:

#24 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

DUDE I AGREE MAN, but my girl Mary Jane thinks we need a true #1 Dman....

#25 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I am comfortable with our team as is as well, but we do need another top 6 guy or a good 3rd line center we can add for more depth. We need more depth, having only scored 1-2 goals per game in the last 2 playoff series is unacceptable. Yes defense can win, but we need offense to start it off.
Posted Image

#26 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Optimism is a great drug...

But the team needs an upgrade to win a cup...

As I've said before, needs to use some assets and take a risk for short term gain - if FA and it's only financial risk, so much the better.... Overpay a FA to come here? Else need a trade

#27 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

I don't want to just have a good team anymore, we already have that. Presidents trophies are nice, but Stanley Cup please.

You can gush over how good our team is, but it's what we do with it that counts.

Edited by etsen3, 05 June 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#28 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

You're in love with the same team that got their azz's handed to them in the first round? "shakes head" :picard:

we didn't play well in the first two games, yes. But you can't say that LA haven't been the better team throughout the post-season. Quick has been sensational, because of him they have only lost 2 games. Can't quite say we choked or anything like that this year. LA has made ever team look bad.
Posted Image

#29 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

All of this: "this team needs an upgrade to win the cup" crap is crap...

We have so many stars! soooo many!

At the start of the playoffs i hit the LA kings message boards... their fans were whining and crying that theyd be out in five games....
They were saying things like:

"our coach is horrible, he cant motivate us at all"
"we need more scoring!"
"WE CANT WIN THE CUP WITHOUT AN UPGRADE"

all of this whining and "explode the team" stuff baffles me...

A president trophy winner has as good of odds of wining it as any one else.

Or maybe you guys would rather we don't win it AND we lose in the first round... i get it.
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#30 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

I must admit I too love this team and I can't wait to see if Mason Raymond makes a great comeback.

That said I am not blinded to the fact we DO LACK SIZE.

If we could just find a way to put 10-20 lbs of muscle and a couple of inches on our top 6 (make that 25 lbs for Mayray) then I'm sure we would coast the SC.
Kevin.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.