The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I love this team going in the 2012- 2013 season.

Evil Roach

Oh yay, the back to back Pres Trophies argument again. And the game 7 of finals argument again. And the AV is so awesome argument again.

If I were a player I'd rather be on the team with that mean s.o.b. for a coach, that came in dead last, then plowed through everyone with a perfect road record, and won the Cup in a probable sweep. The Kings are up there with the Bruins in terms of how much I like them, but give me their record over 2 Pres Trophies any day.

The glass may indeed be half full with this guy, but it's still full of piss.

I am comfortable with our team as is as well, but we do need another top 6 guy or a good 3rd line center we can add for more depth. We need more depth, having only scored 1-2 goals per game in the last 2 playoff series is unacceptable. Yes defense can win, but we need offense to start it off.

I don't want to just have a good team anymore, we already have that. Presidents trophies are nice, but Stanley Cup please.

You can gush over how good our team is, but it's what we do with it that counts.

All of this: "this team needs an upgrade to win the cup" crap is crap...

We have so many stars! soooo many!

At the start of the playoffs i hit the LA kings message boards... their fans were whining and crying that theyd be out in five games....

They were saying things like:

"our coach is horrible, he cant motivate us at all"

"we need more scoring!"

"WE CANT WIN THE CUP WITHOUT AN UPGRADE"

all of this whining and "explode the team" stuff baffles me...

A president trophy winner has as good of odds of wining it as any one else.

Or maybe you guys would rather we don't win it AND we lose in the first round... i get it.

I must admit I too love this team and I can't wait to see if Mason Raymond makes a great comeback.

That said I am not blinded to the fact we DO LACK SIZE.

If we could just find a way to put 10-20 lbs of muscle and a couple of inches on our top 6 (make that 25 lbs for Mayray) then I'm sure we would coast the SC.

Way too much positivity for me to handle.

-Vigneault is a great regular season coach, however, he's a TERRIBLE playoff coach. He should not have been re-signed

-Raymond is a bum. Too bad so sad about his injury, but I want the Canucks to win the cup, not deal with a sob story

-Edler proved in the playoffs that he has been ridiculously overrated as the next great defensemen on the Canucks.

-Malhotra has to go, he's old news

-Trading Hodgson for Kassian was a terrible move. It made the team A LOT WORSE going into a playoffs where we were considered one of the favourites. Maybe he'll pan out, but that's likely to happen AFTER the Canucks window of winning the cup is shut

-Either Luongo or Schneider have to be traded for someone that can make an immediate impact. The team as it stands now will be lucky to get out of the first round next year. They need a top 6 forward or top 3 d-man.

Cudos to your optimism, but it's founded in blindness

History says most teams that win make a significant improvement to their team before they get over the hump of just competing for ye cup.

Even Detroit overpaid Hossa before they won the last time. (took 2 years, but they did win)

It is just too competitive to win without giving yourself a short-term advantage...

I never said blow up the team!!!

Yes. It's been beaten to death on 1040 as well and I completely agree. He's a far cry from the guy that scored 25 two seasons ago. I'm not trying to rip into the guy, at least he tries, but for whatever reason it's not working. And when it's not working you need to make changes. And in this scenario I think it's time to say good bye.

Way too much positivity for me to handle.

-Vigneault is a great regular season coach, however, he's a TERRIBLE playoff coach. He should not have been re-signed

-Raymond is a bum. Too bad so sad about his injury, but I want the Canucks to win the cup, not deal with a sob story

-Edler proved in the playoffs that he has been ridiculously overrated as the next great defensemen on the Canucks.

-Malhotra has to go, he's old news

-Trading Hodgson for Kassian was a terrible move. It made the team A LOT WORSE going into a playoffs where we were considered one of the favourites. Maybe he'll pan out, but that's likely to happen AFTER the Canucks window of winning the cup is shut

-Either Luongo or Schneider have to be traded for someone that can make an immediate impact. The team as it stands now will be lucky to get out of the first round next year. They need a top 6 forward or top 3 d-man.

Cudos to your optimism, but it's founded in blindness

Oh yay, the back to back Pres Trophies argument again. And the game 7 of finals argument again. And the AV is so awesome argument again.

If I were a player I'd rather be on the team with that mean s.o.b. for a coach, that came in dead last, then plowed through everyone with a perfect road record, and won the Cup in a probable sweep. The Kings are up there with the Bruins in terms of how much I like them, but give me their record over 2 Pres Trophies any day.

I am perfectly fine with everyone coming back including Luongo and Schneider - the only person I wouldn't want to see come back would be Mason Raymond - I am not down to watch him skate to the boards and bodycheck himself and fall.. I've given him enough chances.

Archived