Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I love this team going in the 2012- 2013 season.

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

At the beginning of the playoffs I am willing to bet that you had no idea that LA was going to win the cup. At the start of the playoffs, you would have rather been the #1 seed. The playoffs are a freaking crapshoot! LA could have conceivable not even made the playoffs!
At least we give ourselves the best shot of winning (yes, the #1 seed has the best odds).

And LA has been the most dominant playoff team since the Oilers, give them some credit. Some LA fans are saying that we were their best opponant. I think we were still the second best team in the league and we can get better.

What is your point? Even after the first 3 rounds I still bet all my money on the Devils to win the Cup, so I'm not sitting here claiming how when back when I was one of the few that predicted them to win. I don't know what fans are saying that considering they have those diving pool signs at every game and had no respect for Canucks at all. And since officially the Yotes lasted longer, I'd say they were ones that at least tried to cause some adversity.

As for being a no.1 seed - it goes both ways... yes it gives you the best chance to win and at the same time makes you look like the absolute worst when you piss away the chance and lose. Which is exactly that this team did.

Edited by BuckFoston, 05 June 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#62 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

This team is only going to get worse not better as all our good players start to get older

#63 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

As for being a no.1 seed - it goes both ways... yes it gives you the best chance to win and at the same time makes you look like the absolute worst when you piss away the chance and lose. Which is exactly that this team did.

we've pissed it away 2 years in a row now as the #1 seed, last year was even more embarrassing than this year imo. 2-0 series lead in the cup final and then completely imploded, this year we were never even in it to begin with against the Kings and alot of people were predicting if there was giong to be an upset in the west it was going to be the Kings beating us, and they were right.

#64 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

we've pissed it away 2 years in a row now as the #1 seed, last year was even more embarrassing than this year imo. 2-0 series lead in the cup final and then completely imploded, this year we were never even in it to begin with against the Kings and alot of people were predicting if there was giong to be an upset in the west it was going to be the Kings beating us, and they were right.

According to CDC though that should make you feel really good about the loss, because your team lost to someone with a potential 16-2 record. So actually, it's ok to lose as long as you lose to someone who dominates the hell out of you, which can pretty much be anyone if you keep phoning it in. Aside from the Blues, I thought every other opponent has had not only the chance, but the team power and talent to beat them and they all crumbled/are crumbling. But hey, whatever makes 'em sleep better.

#65 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Nobody in LA will give a crap about the Kings a couple years from now anyways unless they win it again, just like Anaheim. Let's be honest if the Lakers were still playing and made the finals we know what the bigger draw would be. Hockey takes a back seat to other sports in Cali

#66 CANUCKLELION

CANUCKLELION

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Optimism is a great drug...

But the team needs an upgrade to win a cup...

As I've said before, needs to use some assets and take a risk for short term gain - if FA and it's only financial risk, so much the better.... Overpay a FA to come here? Else need a trade

The team needs an upgrade if they want to get out of the first round, let alone to win a cup. :)
R.I.P, Rick Rypien Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

The team needs an upgrade if they want to get out of the first round, let alone to win a cup. :)

Even if we do it won't matter, something always seems to happen to this team that ends up with them not winning anything. No matter how good a chance we have

#68 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,580 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

There will be some changes. That's for sure.

307mg00.jpg

#69 Line Juggler

Line Juggler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

We need a healthy Kesler
We need a true #1 Defenceman
We need Kassian and Jensen to make the team.
We need 1 more 20 goal scorer (to replace Raymond)
We need every guy to stay healthy.
Then I like our chances
Posted Image

#70 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

I just want Edler to play better in next years playoffs.. He crashed and burned. Still remaining positive though.

Although I still think AV is a bad playoff coach and the CoHo trade shot us in the foot, no matter the reasoning.

Next year though.

Long summer. Long rest. Going to be interesting to see what happens.
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#71 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

IMO, the Sedin line with Burr will be rockin again next year. The second line will be fine with a healthy Ryan Kesler, maybe add in another top 6 player.

The one change I would make is to have a big, young, and skilled 3rd line.

My dream team:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Jensen-Colborne-Kassian
Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen

Hamhuis-Schenn
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Bieksa

That is some serious depth on D, and a huge team up front. That 3rd line is what wins you cups.

Edited by JeffTambo10, 05 June 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

#72 BenSurgeon

BenSurgeon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

The Canucks have a few holes that they need to fill and if MG can pull off a few blockbuster moves, I would say they will be there contending again next season. Although I think most fans like myself will go into next season with the "show me additude" . The regular season will mean nothing unless they can follow it up with a SC.
Ben Surgeon

#73 33HankandDank22

33HankandDank22

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

1) That's what we all thought going into this year.
2) I don't think Kassian looked that scary(other than maybe his appearance), but I look forward to seeing a huge improvement by him for next year.

#74 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

With your method of evaluating the players, every team in the NHL would be all star teams.

#75 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hey its nice to be positive but man a little over the top with the love in with this team. If you can't admit your faults your destined to never improve. You talk about motivation being a key factor, yet we were in game 7 of the SCF and played a dud of a game that night.. Motivation sure didn't help that night.

Still back to back presidents trophy winners?? Who gives a rats ass, it was nice to win for the first time but really its meaningless and proves absolutely nothing except your a great regular season team. I could down that list all day.

This team has plenty of areas to improve on, so yes if MG did nothing this off-season it would be a major disappointment IMO. Im not saying we need to blow this team up but there are a couple areas that absolutely need improving. Adding another top 6 forward is a huge need considering our porous offensive output again, the defense clearly was a weak spot for us; another top 4 guy is a must and i think most are resigned to the fact the goaltender situation will almost certainly be played out this summer.

#76 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

If Raymond is back, I'm going to go bald.

Raymond will again get 25 goals and 50 points - which will be sweet revenge for him. You are all probably the same guys that hated on Bieksa.

#77 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

I think we still need to upgrade our 3C position if Malholtra doesn't return to form. Also could use another top 6 winger to go on the 2nd line, and we need to shore up our D.
Posted Image

#78 1970 and beyond

1970 and beyond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

No changes, no cup, plain and simple.

Been a fan from day one. Some of those days were good and some were bad.

#79 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

If we keep this team the same I'm not even renewing center ice next year. I'm sick and tired of watching the revolving door of depth players playing on any which line on any given night. No wonder AV looks like an idiot half the time, he's only got one line and the rest are grinders. I'm glad we got a good dressing room but frankly that doesn't mean jack squat if you don't win. We need more than 3 top 6 players FFS. One scoring line and 3 checking lines ... lame.

This was fine when we were just a medicore team. We're spending to the cap (we are one of the richest teams), I expect a bunch of players that can deliver, not a group of nice guys that all work hard, are smart, are good people, blah blah blah Gillis. It's a hockey team, get us some us some God damn f'cn top calibre f'ckn players already.

Alright I feel better.

Bravo!
I could not agree more.

#80 Line Juggler

Line Juggler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kassian Kesler Booth
Hansen Lappierre Higgins
Jensen Schroeder Maholtra

Obviously this forward lineup is made up from the current Canuck roster and Wolves prospects.

Raymond is a big question mark.

On defence...

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Ballard Salo

This is what we have to work with currently. It will be interesting to see what kind of moves Gillis and Co. make this off season.

Edited by Line Juggler, 06 June 2012 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#81 Pacificgem

Pacificgem

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

No changes, no cup, plain and simple.

This!!

#82 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Way too much positivity for me to handle.

-Vigneault is a great regular season coach, however, he's a TERRIBLE playoff coach. He should not have been re-signed
-Raymond is a bum. Too bad so sad about his injury, but I want the Canucks to win the cup, not deal with a sob story
-Edler proved in the playoffs that he has been ridiculously overrated as the next great defensemen on the Canucks.
-Malhotra has to go, he's old news
-Trading Hodgson for Kassian was a terrible move. It made the team A LOT WORSE going into a playoffs where we were considered one of the favourites. Maybe he'll pan out, but that's likely to happen AFTER the Canucks window of winning the cup is shut
-Either Luongo or Schneider have to be traded for someone that can make an immediate impact. The team as it stands now will be lucky to get out of the first round next year. They need a top 6 forward or top 3 d-man.

Cudos to your optimism, but it's founded in blindness

concur with everything you said except Edler. hes a worth keeping but if he stinks it up again next playoffs i might have to reconsider.

#83 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

Raymond will again get 25 goals and 50 points - which will be sweet revenge for him. You are all probably the same guys that hated on Bieksa.

even if he does that in the reg season he'll still be 2 puny for play off hockey. as far as Bieksa I've never been a big fan of his. sure he can put up 40 points every couple seasons, but I'd rather have 2 more Hamhuis like players rounding out the top 4.

#84 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

even if he does that in the reg season he'll still be 2 puny for play off hockey. as far as Bieksa I've never been a big fan of his. sure he can put up 40 points every couple seasons, but I'd rather have 2 more Hamhuis like players rounding out the top 4.

Do you really, honestly think the LA fans thought most of the players in the Kings were great? No way, they probably slaughtered them all season long.

The Stanley Cup throws up men of the hour..........for some LA players that will be as near they come to being idolised or liked in their whole career.

We need to "design" a team for the SC and you better be ready for a lot of disappointment as these teams are rarely pretty to watch.............they are hard to beat and even harder to beat in a best of 7.

I still maintain if we played LA in a one off to-morrow we would beat them (as we did Boston) because man for man we are a better team BUT make it over 7 and that becomes a different hockey game.
Kevin.jpg

#85 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Do you really, honestly think the LA fans thought most of the players in the Kings were great? No way, they probably slaughtered them all season long.

The Stanley Cup throws up men of the hour..........for some LA players that will be as near they come to being idolised or liked in their whole career.

We need to "design" a team for the SC and you better be ready for a lot of disappointment as these teams are rarely pretty to watch.............they are hard to beat and even harder to beat in a best of 7.

I still maintain if we played LA in a one off to-morrow we would beat them (as we did Boston) because man for man we are a better team BUT make it over 7 and that becomes a different hockey game.

theres a difference between the plays in LA that got crapped on in the reg season and raymond. even if they werent producing points they were still big bodies that could hit and create havoc. Raymond on the other hand if hes not putting up good numbers for a second line winger hes useless, he definitely doesnt hit anyone.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.