The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Blue Jackets looking to add possibly a number 1 goalie.

Lebrun reported last week that they are "very interested" in Luongo - which to me would have to mean that they might change their course and try to convince Nash to stick around (which would be the only way to appeal to Luongo - why would Luo go there for a rebuild?) - in which case they may be willing to trade a few of their young assets - Johansen? Their fan base may not be willing to wait out another rebuild. They have some good pieces - if they didn't get what they wanted for Nash, I could see them using young assets to add and try to take a run at the playoffs.

Lebrun reported last week that they are "very interested" in Luongo - which to me would have to mean that they might change their course and try to convince Nash to stick around (which would be the only way to appeal to Luongo - why would Luo go there for a rebuild?) - in which case they may be willing to trade a few of their young assets - Johansen? Their fan base may not be willing to wait out another rebuild. They have some good pieces - if they didn't get what they wanted for Nash, I could see them using young assets to add and try to take a run at the playoffs.

Well, if they get a top goaltender, all they need is a number one centre, 1st line LW, a couple top 6 forwards, a couple top 4 defencemen, and depth players all over the lineup, and they're contenders. Watch out for Columbus.

I agree that Columbus is unlikely, but their interest is helpful, and might have helped light a fire under Burke, if all the other developments recently hadn't already. I am not thrilled with what Toronto has to offer, but Colborne, Franson/Schenn, and at least and either a second rounder or next year's first if we throw in a depth d prospect like Sauve and I wouldn't complain.

Archived