Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Rumour) Blue Jackets looking to add possibly a number 1 goalie.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Lucic is terrible in the playoffs - disappears offensively. You can say that he brings so much more than offense, but for a top 6 guy who leads his team in goals, he needs to be scoring and he's not in the playoffs.

#62 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I think it would be more accurate to say that Lucic is a little overrated due to his early success, but only a little. Still, if he's leading your team in goals you have a problem.

#63 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

I think it would be more accurate to say that Lucic is a little overrated due to his early success, but only a little. Still, if he's leading your team in goals you have a problem.

Posted Image

Like this kind of problem? Because Lucic led the Bruins in goals with 30 in 2010-2011 http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

I don't think there's anything wrong with having Lucic as your leading goal scorer as long as you have solid depth like Boston, but problem is that Lucic can't be relied on for scoring in the playoffs because his track record shows that he disappears in the playoffs in terms of scoring.

Edited by Dasein, 10 June 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#64 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Kiprusoff could be a good short term option for them. His actual salary is also lower than his cap hit, which will be very attractive to a team like the Jackets.

That said, if he ends up in Colombus, I will be
very sad. Waste of a great goalie.

NTC?

#65 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Schnieder, Edler, Raymond, Ballard, Rodin 1st, 2nd

Nash, 1st, Clitsome

You probably figured this out already but we have Clitsome here in Winnipeg now. Picked him up on waivers the day we traded Oduya, was better than Oduya in every aspect of the game. I really couldn't be happier with how that turned out.

#66 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,052 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

NTC?

Kiprusoff's NTC expires July 1st. So he could be a very likely target for the Blue Jackets.

Then again, if Flames were planning on trading Kipper, I don't think Hartley would have chosen them to try to resurrect his NHL coaching career.

Edited by D-Money, 11 June 2012 - 10:52 AM.

PBF131-Lord_Gloom.jpg?1361362669

#67 votrechien

votrechien

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Sigh, if only Luongo would develop a love for Ohio it would be an obvious fit.

Nash + Mason (as a backup)
Luongo + Pick another key Canucks asset
No advertising please.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.