Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Swansons Moustache

[Proposal] SJ Clowe-Van Luongo

23 posts in this topic

This is my first proposal so here goes.

Im tired of all these Lu to Toronto proposals, i thought id change it up and for this to work SJ has to trade Niemi frist to TOR, CLB, TBL etc.

To Van

Clowe 3.625

Murray 2.5

1st rounder and prospect (im not too familiar on there prospects)

To SJ

Luongo 5.3

Raymond 2.5 (RFA)

Van line up

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows/Clowe

Booth/Kesler/Clowe

Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen

Wiese/Malhotra/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Murray

Ballard/Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Now id probably do more signings and trades but didnt want to make it a huge proposal, this being my first.

The trade addresses quite a few of our needs in top 6 player, top 4 dman also size and toughness.

Clowe is also a playoff performer and Murray can lay the big hits and clear out the forwards in front of the net.

Its a bit more of a long shot then with Toronto, being in the same confrence but it addresses both teams needs.

No.

San Jose doesn't need Luongo, Niemi is just fine for them.

Im tired of all these Lu to Toronto proposals, i thought id change it up and for this to work SJ has to trade Niemi frist to TOR, CLB, TBL etc.

To Van

Clowe 3.625

Murray 2.5

To SJ

Luongo 5.3

Raymond 2.5 (RFA)

Van line up

Booth/Kesler/Clowe

Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen

Wiese/Malhotra/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Murray

Ballard/Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Now id probably do more signings and trades but didnt want to make it a huge proposal, this being my first.

The trade addresses quite a few of our needs in top 6 player, top 4 dman also size and toughness.

Clowe is also a playoff performer and Murray can lay the big hits and clear out the forwards in front of the net.

Its a bit more of a long shot then with Toronto, being in the same confrence but it addresses both teams needs.

To Van

Clowe 3.625

Murray 2.5

To SJ

Luongo 5.3

Raymond 2.5 (RFA)

Van line up

Booth/Kesler/Clowe

Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen

Wiese/Malhotra/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Murray

Ballard/Tanev

Schneider

Lack

SJ doesn't need another starting goaltender.

Niemi has been decent, but not excellent. I could see the Sharks looking to upgrade their keeper, but not at the crazy price mentioned in the OP.

If they really wanted Luongo, I'd be trying to get either of the Joes coming back (Thornton or Pavelski - latter is more likely). With Couture's emergence, they probably will be trading a center.

...That said, they'll probably try to move Marleau, whom I want no part of.

Niemi has been decent, but not excellent. I could see the Sharks looking to upgrade their keeper, but not at the crazy price mentioned in the OP.

If they really wanted Luongo, I'd be trying to get either of the Joes coming back (Thornton or Pavelski - latter is more likely). With Couture's emergence, they probably will be trading a center.

...That said, they'll probably try to move Marleau, whom I want no part of.

i don't mind this at all...

some so called fans look at it from a 'fans' perspective perhaps but from a GM (canucks), this would be fine...

I would make this trade, but I would rue the fact we would have to face Lu 4 times a year.

i swear, ive probably made a Luongo and Raymond for Clowe and Murray proposal 100 times before and got the same responses,

i swear, ive probably made a Luongo and Raymond for Clowe and Murray proposal 100 times before and got the same responses,

Niemi is a starter but he has struggled, you could challenge the notion of him being a starter, but he is a starter.

Although he is by no means a star, an "average starter" at this point, not much of a difference between him and other "average starters" (as I call them) like Crawford, Anderson and others.

I could see SJ being a possibility, there isn't much there that intreguies me (personally) but there are some good players, Clowe is good buy I don't think that he is the fit that is needed on the 2nd.

I would maybe like Demer's to come our way if we ever made a deal with the Sharks.

What about Havlat for Luongo?

Similar ages, both high end players and Havlat may fit well on our 2nd, not sure if both teams would do it or if the value is equal or not (so don't flame me) but does anyone have any thoughts about that proposition?

Sorry bout that i was trying to multi task, watching the game, having a beer and replying lol