Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Congrats to the LA Kings And Their Fans From Canuck Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#31 SynysterGates

SynysterGates

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

Can't we all be a little sportsmanlike here?
We all know they beat us and all, and I can't say Dustin Brown is my favorite player, but they played great these playoffs and deserve to be rewarded with the cup. They had good scoring, stud D, and outstanding goaltending and outplayed 4 teams in a row.
Just because they might have more bandwagoners than we do, especially at this time of year, doesn't mean they don't have their fair share of die-hard fans.

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings for dismantling the Canucks, Bruins, Coyotes, and Devils in the playoffs and congrats to them on winning a cup.

The kings played so well they were able to eliminate TWO eastern conference teams. A feat never achieved by a western conference team before in NHL history.

#32 tera_ha

tera_ha

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I see many people here saying that LA Kings had an easy path to cup but is it their fault? It's called being destined to hoist the cup.
May the fate do justice to nucks someday too :lol:

#33 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

the kings have played amazing. a great team that could not get it together in the beginning of the season. had they been firing on all cylinders, they might have contended for the west. ether way, they have only lost twice, have not lost a road game, and have been the best team in the playoffs thus far.

good luck in game 4, you deserve the cup. go kings
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#34 iinteenseee

iinteenseee

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Don't get me wrong here, the Kings have looked like the most dominating team a team has been in play-off history, but it's just odd for me to see them go through the whole play-offs without any adversity. I think that's what makes play-off runs the best, when their has been an intense fight. There's no moments in their Cup run that seriously wow me in any way. Most their games have been played the exact way the previous one was played..

While I'm sure they'll be holding Lord Stanley in their palms in June, it just doesn't feel right in a way. Hockey should be an intense gruelling match between 2 teams that should be as close as a game of inches. It's just weird to see a team just win it so convincingly in this manner without having to face any low-points..

Just my two cents, I don't expect everyone to agree.

1. They struggled all season long and BARELY scrapped their way to the 8th seed.
2. They faced the #1, #2, and #3 seeded teams in the West and yet only lost twice.
There is more to adversity than playing in a game 7 or trailing in a series.

I understand what you mean from a hockey fan's perspective, but it's ridiculous how little respect the Kings get just because they haven't played in a few game 7's. The Kings dominate their opponents (mentally, physically, and on the scoreboard) and it's not really their fault that none of these teams have retaliated by winning. I don't think anyone would be complaining about "playoff adversity" if a team like the Canucks/Pens literally swept their way to the SCF and swept away the cup. In fact, everyone would be jizzing their pants over how dominant and deadly they are.I love the Canucks as much as any other person on this forum does but it's time to stop being so butthurt about the past and show a little respect for a team that has come so far this season to win the Lord Stanley.

#35 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Congrats Doughty, and bring home the gold in London - Canadian Dive Team.

Wooooooo!!! Go Canada!!!!

#36 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

It's great to see how hockey has progressed in California over the last few decades. i'm always surprised to see how many "gretzky generation" californians there are on NCAA rosters these days. hopefully this further sparks the interest in hockey in Cal.

either way, what an impressive run this team has had. on paper, the road certainly looked hellish but they played hard and battled every game.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#37 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,849 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well played OP

seU9GBs.gif

#38 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Some of you are so bitter...

#39 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Also, don't make threads like this until it is over and done with.

#40 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,849 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Also, don't make threads like this until it is over and done with.

But wasnt that the joke?

seU9GBs.gif

#41 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

This thread is a whole lot more awkward now. Unless the OP was trying to jinx the Kings, if that's the case, then well played.

#42 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

1. They struggled all season long and BARELY scrapped their way to the 8th seed.
2. They faced the #1, #2, and #3 seeded teams in the West and yet only lost twice.
There is more to adversity than playing in a game 7 or trailing in a series.

I understand what you mean from a hockey fan's perspective, but it's ridiculous how little respect the Kings get just because they haven't played in a few game 7's. The Kings dominate their opponents (mentally, physically, and on the scoreboard) and it's not really their fault that none of these teams have retaliated by winning. I don't think anyone would be complaining about "playoff adversity" if a team like the Canucks/Pens literally swept their way to the SCF and swept away the cup. In fact, everyone would be jizzing their pants over how dominant and deadly they are.I love the Canucks as much as any other person on this forum does but it's time to stop being so butthurt about the past and show a little respect for a team that has come so far this season to win the Lord Stanley.

This is coming from a hockey fan's point of view who is a fan of neither teams. It's just more engaging and fun to watch both teams go at it, and keep you on your toes. It's kinda sad when the result is always the same, because it is boring. The style played by both teams is pretty boring and isn't engaging many hockey fans to watch (the drop-off from 8 million views from the Canucks/Bruins final to 800k for Devils/Kings final).

I think it's more rewarding at the end of it, to win in spite of all that adversity faced. It just makes it that much more worth it. Either way, the Stanley Cup is the Stanley Cup and the team who wins it certainly deserves it. The Kings have been completely solid, but coming from an entertaining point of view it hasn't grasped the attention of many.

#43 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

This is coming from a hockey fan's point of view who is a fan of neither teams. It's just more engaging and fun to watch both teams go at it, and keep you on your toes. It's kinda sad when the result is always the same, because it is boring. The style played by both teams is pretty boring and isn't engaging many hockey fans to watch (the drop-off from 8 million views from the Canucks/Bruins final to 800k for Devils/Kings final).

I think it's more rewarding at the end of it, to win in spite of all that adversity faced. It just makes it that much more worth it. Either way, the Stanley Cup is the Stanley Cup and the team who wins it certainly deserves it. The Kings have been completely solid, but coming from an entertaining point of view it hasn't grasped the attention of many.

I agree with this. The Kings domination has been very impressive and if they do win the Cup I don't think anyone can say they don't deserve it. But if you're talking about entertainment, it's more fun to watch an intense 7 games series where teams have to battle and struggle for every win. The blood, sweat, and tears is what the playoffs are famous for, and it just doesn't feel like the Stanley Cup when a team breezes through like that.

Example: during the Canucks playoff run last year, compare the Chicago series to the San Jose series. Against San Jose, the Canucks dominated and got through pretty easily. But the hockey wasn't as intense as our first round against Chicago. From a pure Canucks fan point of view, it was great to see the Canucks beat the Sharks so easily. But from a hockey fan point of view, the Chicago series was much more exciting and fun to watch, thanks to the rivalry, game 7, and adversity both teams had to face.

Edited by etsen3, 06 June 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#44 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

Congrats to the LA Kings on winning their first Stanley Cup and to their fans who have waited a long time for this. Enjoy!

Sincerely, Canuck Fan

*and if you dont think they are gonna win it then you probably still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa. :frantic:

Last time I checked, the SCF was a best-of-7 series, not best-of-5. I'm assuming you started this topic because you believe the Kings making it to the SCF somehow lessens the sting of the Canucks being bounced in the first round?

#45 FiestyDuck

FiestyDuck

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

It's great to see how hockey has progressed in California over the last few decades. i'm always surprised to see how many "gretzky generation" californians there are on NCAA rosters these days. hopefully this further sparks the interest in hockey in Cal.

either way, what an impressive run this team has had. on paper, the road certainly looked hellish but they played hard and battled every game.

This is a great post. I'm not a Kings fan at all I truly love my Ducks, but there are a lot of people discounting hockey in the state of California. I've seen several cars with personalized license plates geared towards the Anaheim Ducks.

Although, the most hilarious thing was, when LA had the NHL Draft, of course, 85% of the fans there were a mixture of Ducks, Kings, and Sharks fans (and local college hockey fans along with which ever team they liked. And fans wearing their own team's hockey jerseys.) I'd just arrived to pick up my ticket from the box office and wondered around the front for a few minutes before going inside. Two Oilers fans go up to the box office asking for tickets, they're promptly told that all tickets have been "sold out" they're both disappointed and one of them says "This is California, I didn't think it'd sell out." (or something along those lines) As they were walking away empty handed.

#46 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Brown is also one ugly s.o.b. And this is something that never really concerns me, especially as a guy, but damn he is just an eye sore. Combine that with the diving and a very mediocre personality and you have a delicious manure coktail. He just isn't likable at all.

See, that bit right there is the problem with the Canucks and a contingent of the fan base. Too much concern about being "likable". Personally, I'm none too interested in having a team full of guys you want to bring home to meet mom & dad.ESPECIALLY come playoff time. But, that's what the Canucks have and is what "a certain segment" of the faithful seem to want.

Say what you will about the Bruins, but, at least no one can question their heart and you never have to wonder if the players on that team "want it". Can the same be said of Vancouver? Or, are they too busy waiting for the referees to help them out? This turn-the-other-cheek policy is an absolute killer. Why would a team that has serious championship aspirations be dumb enough to willingly leave their fate in the hands of the officials on a nightly basis?

Instead of wanting to presnt a team full of "likable" guys, I'd love to see the roster tweaked by adding guys who just care about winning and don't give much of a you-know-what how it gets done, so long as it just gets done. More sandpaper and grit from guys who play every shift as if it were their last is what's needed here.

You know, guys like Dustin Brown.

#47 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

See, that bit right there is the problem with the Canucks and a contingent of the fan base. Too much concern about being "likable". Personally, I'm none too interested in having a team full of guys you want to bring home to meet mom & dad.ESPECIALLY come playoff time. But, that's what the Canucks have and is what "a certain segment" of the faithful seem to want.

Say what you will about the Bruins, but, at least no one can question their heart and you never have to wonder if the players on that team "want it". Can the same be said of Vancouver? Or, are they too busy waiting for the referees to help them out? This turn-the-other-cheek policy is an absolute killer. Why would a team that has serious championship aspirations be dumb enough to willingly leave their fate in the hands of the officials on a nightly basis?

Instead of wanting to presnt a team full of "likable" guys, I'd love to see the roster tweaked by adding guys who just care about winning and don't give much of a you-know-what how it gets done, so long as it just gets done. More sandpaper and grit from guys who play every shift as if it were their last is what's needed here.

You know, guys like Dustin Brown.

I said nothing about him having to be likable on the ice, but if you are one of those fans who always watches the post game stuff and the guy is on tv always acting like an a-hole that's not going to make you cheer for anybody. Why do you think people dislike Crosby? For the most part it's because of those same interviews where he whines and says how he won't play in the sandbox with the rest of the kids because his feelings are hurt. The legitimate fans of hockey take nothing away from his talent and skill, that can't be argued with - but we are still human and enjoy good sportsmanship OFF the ice even if all bets are off ON the ice.

You Bring up the Bruins, let me remind you that this is their first Cup in how many years? I will bring up Detroit, a team with multiple wins and one that has spoiled their fans with always making the playoffs no matter how far they go. Lidstrom is one of the classiest players who ever played the game and their whole organization is built on that approach. This is just to say to you that goonery is not a requirement to win the Cup.

It's also not a problem for "Canucks" fans. I am a hockey fan first and foremost, then a canuck fan. I have no objection to adding grit or playing more physical - that wasn't my complain with Brown. I do think, however, how you conduct yourself off the ice is important, how you present yourself in interviews, how you handle questions. Listening to Marchand and Lucic is painful, Patrick Kane is getting wasted every night, Quick "doesn't care" about a Vezina or a Conn Smyth because to him "they mean nothing," Crosby is whining about how he "doesn't like anyone." Yeah, sorry.... I am not going to cheer for guys like that. Similar thing with actors, you may make some great movies, but if I find out you are an a-hole to fans, are a druggie, or beat women - you will no longer be getting my money at the cinema.

#48 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

yeah i do hope they win. i am still a hockey fan, so im still watching the Finals.

tumblr_lxk4f2YfMc1qaosmto1_400.gif

#49 Ashleigh

Ashleigh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Way to jinx the Kings, op. Grrr.

#50 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Are you nuts OP??? L.A has won the cup by no means at all yet.

nN5BCfs.jpg

#51 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

If New Jersey wins, I think its safe to say it will all be traced back to this thread being made.

Jagermeister.jpg

#52 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

congrats on choking and having to go back to LA just to lose again to bring it to Jersey where new jersey will win

CONGRATS LA ON YOUR LOSS THAT WILL SOON COME

HISTORY WILL BE MADE
Posted Image

#53 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

I don't hate the Kings and they do still have the advantage in the series, but I find this thread hilarious. OP posts a premature thread congratulating the Kings on winning the Cup. 5 days later, no Cup yet, and suddenly the Devils have an actual shot at winning. I don't know if it was a jinx attempt or not, either way it's pretty funny.

#54 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

when the devils win the cup this thread is going to blow up
Posted Image

#55 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

when the devils win the cup this thread is going to blow up

Reminds me of a thread made by someone with a very similar name to yours, something to do with whether we want Burrows or something of that nature. Of course, we all know what happened to that thread when Burrows showed his offensive prowess :P
Posted Image

#56 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

Reminds me of a thread made by someone with a very similar name to yours, something to do with whether we want Burrows or something of that nature. Of course, we all know what happened to that thread when Burrows showed his offensive prowess :P

must have been before my time

im new here
Posted Image

#57 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

I said nothing about him having to be likable on the ice, but if you are one of those fans who always watches the post game stuff and the guy is on tv always acting like an a-hole that's not going to make you cheer for anybody. Why do you think people dislike Crosby? For the most part it's because of those same interviews where he whines and says how he won't play in the sandbox with the rest of the kids because his feelings are hurt. The legitimate fans of hockey take nothing away from his talent and skill, that can't be argued with - but we are still human and enjoy good sportsmanship OFF the ice even if all bets are off ON the ice.

You Bring up the Bruins, let me remind you that this is their first Cup in how many years? I will bring up Detroit, a team with multiple wins and one that has spoiled their fans with always making the playoffs no matter how far they go. Lidstrom is one of the classiest players who ever played the game and their whole organization is built on that approach. This is just to say to you that goonery is not a requirement to win the Cup.

It's also not a problem for "Canucks" fans. I am a hockey fan first and foremost, then a canuck fan. I have no objection to adding grit or playing more physical - that wasn't my complain with Brown. I do think, however, how you conduct yourself off the ice is important, how you present yourself in interviews, how you handle questions. Listening to Marchand and Lucic is painful, Patrick Kane is getting wasted every night, Quick "doesn't care" about a Vezina or a Conn Smyth because to him "they mean nothing," Crosby is whining about how he "doesn't like anyone." Yeah, sorry.... I am not going to cheer for guys like that. Similar thing with actors, you may make some great movies, but if I find out you are an a-hole to fans, are a druggie, or beat women - you will no longer be getting my money at the cinema.

You ask why do people hate Crosby? I don't, but, I'd like to think it's because he's one of the best on the planet at what he does. Just as I couldn't stand Michael Jordan for that exact same reason. I'd feel different if he played for MY favourite team, though. What do I care what he says in post-game interviews or how he conducts himself while he says it?

Canuck fans are too personality-focused and seem to prefer the type of hockey player who is "good in the community" (a direct CDC quote from last season, although in regards to whom, I can't remember) rather than the type who will "do whatever it takes" (define that as you wish) to win. I DO NOT care if the latter is not someone who YOU can or can not cheer for. I really don't. In fact, you can have the former and bring them ALL home to meet your mum & dad, since that's apparently what you look for in an NHL-er. But, the latter is exactly the type of guy --- warts and all --- who I will pull for so long as he's wearing the Orca. Guys who you don't have to question whether or not they "want it" or don't find yourself asking "where's the killer instinct?" How many times have Canuck fans --- if they're honest with themselves --- asked that question of certain high-profile players over the last year?

THIS is what I had in mind when I made reference to Boston, not the thuggery that you brought up. I give them all the credit in the world for being smart enough to realise that if the refs generally weren't going to penalise them for the after-the-whistle rough stuff against the Canucks in the SCF, then that was reason enough to stay the course and not change a thing. I would've done the same, too, if I felt I could get away with it and especially if I knew I was inside my opponent's head because of it. Doesn't take a genius to sort that one out. You brought up Detroit and Lidstrom. I'll counter with his former teammate Darren McCarty. Not exactly the "nice guy" that you seem to prefer, but, he served a purpose on those championship teams. Ask Claude Lemieux about that.

You keep going on and on about "good sportsmanship", both on and off the ice, but, I think that "certain Canuck fans", and perhaps even some in major decision-making capacities within the organisation (MG), are for whatever reason afraid to get dirty or employ players that tend to excel at that type of play. I'm not endorsing the return of the NHL goon, but, a team full of "nice guys" is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever. If a guy has a bit of an edge to his game? So what. Why de-fang him If he performs and makes a contribution to the team goal, which I assume is still to win a Stanley Cup? What do I care if he's a neanderthal who doesn't have a kind word for his fellow humanoid? But, does he finish his checks and have his teammate's back at all times? It's all I care about, sorry. Not the off-ice stuff, so long as they aren't out there breaking the law or demonstrating behaviour patterns that suggest there might be some sort of substance abuse problem.

Edited by Fakename70, 10 June 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#58 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

LOL OP (if such superstitions actually existed and worked) well played :P

so many possible legendary moments for the Kings were all thwarted (16-2 record to win, perfect playoff road record, maybe first team to get reverse sw3pt?)

Boy, I still remember that other pro sports team with the Red, white and black jerseys who pulled of such a feat... 04 ALCS anyone?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#59 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

You ask why do people hate Crosby? I don't, but, I'd like to think it's because he's one of the best on the planet at what he does. Just as I couldn't stand Michael Jordan for that exact same reason. I'd feel different if he played for MY favourite team, though. What do I care what he says in post-game interviews or how he conducts himself while he says it?

Canuck fans are too personality-focused and seem to prefer the type of hockey player who is "good in the community" (a direct CDC quote from last season, although in regards to whom, I can't remember) rather than the type who will "do whatever it takes" (define that as you wish) to win. I DO NOT care if the latter is not someone who YOU can or can not cheer for. I really don't. In fact, you can have the former and bring them ALL home to meet your mum & dad, since that's apparently what you look for in an NHL-er. But, the latter is exactly the type of guy --- warts and all --- who I will pull for so long as he's wearing the Orca. Guys who you don't have to question whether or not they "want it" or don't find yourself asking "where's the killer instinct?" How many times have Canuck fans --- if they're honest with themselves --- asked that question of certain high-profile players over the last year?

THIS is what I had in mind when I made reference to Boston, not the thuggery that you brought up. I give them all the credit in the world for being smart enough to realise that if the refs generally weren't going to penalise them for the after-the-whistle rough stuff against the Canucks in the SCF, then that was reason enough to stay the course and not change a thing. I would've done the same, too, if I felt I could get away with it and especially if I knew I was inside my opponent's head because of it. Doesn't take a genius to sort that one out. You brought up Detroit and Lidstrom. I'll counter with his former teammate Darren McCarty. Not exactly the "nice guy" that you seem to prefer, but, he served a purpose on those championship teams. Ask Claude Lemieux about that.

You keep going on and on about "good sportsmanship", both on and off the ice, but, I think that "certain Canuck fans", and perhaps even some in major decision-making capacities within the organisation (MG), are for whatever reason afraid to get dirty or employ players that tend to excel at that type of play. I'm not endorsing the return of the NHL goon, but, a team full of "nice guys" is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever. If a guy has a bit of an edge to his game? So what. Why de-fang him If he performs and makes a contribution to the team goal, which I assume is still to win a Stanley Cup? What do I care if he's a neanderthal who doesn't have a kind word for his fellow humanoid? But, does he finish his checks and have his teammate's back at all times? It's all I care about, sorry. Not the off-ice stuff, so long as they aren't out there breaking the law or demonstrating behaviour patterns that suggest there might be some sort of substance abuse problem.

Well then it all comes down to personal preference. You stated yours and I stated mine. There is a difference between grit and intent to injure. Grit is just fine with me. I know sports aren't supposed to be intellectual and the players aren't rocket scientists. But I do care what they sound like and how they conduct themselves. I try not to hang out with rude, arrogant, unintelligent people in my day to day life and I surely don't need to waste my time paying to watch them during my free time. This is why I can't stand basketball, because most of the players sit down for a presser and sound like a bunch of thugs who couldn't finish anything beyond 2nd grade. When they are on the court, all I can think about is how dumb they are and their skill becomes unnoticeable. And please stop lumping me into this whole "canuck" rant, because I already made it very clear that I am a fan of hockey and a fan of plenty other teams. My stance applies to all of them, not just one team I like. Also, while I have seen people comment here about the "good in the community" thing, I don't see why you need to put a negative spin on it. Nor do I understand why being good in the community off the ice and then doing whatever it takes on the ice has to be mutually exclusive. I think a player is very capable of being both.

#60 vancouverdepression

vancouverdepression

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

told ya so... cheers

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.