The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who was the Best Captain in Canucks History?

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it has to be Linden. He played with so much heart and soul. He put everything on the line that 94 cup run.

This quote tells it all :

Cliff Ronning on Trevor Linden's 1994 Stanley cup playoff run.

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final. You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

Greatest Canuck of all time.

I sadly was too young to see Linden captain the team. I saw him when he got traded back here. So, based on who i watched as Captain I would the swedes (Henrik, Naslund). But Linden has got to be one of the best players ever to put on a canucks jersey therefore I don't see how he couldn't be a good captain as weel. Im positive he was the best...just so sad I was too young to see him in the early-mid 90's :(

I've followed this team since before the '82 Cup run. I still think Smyl was the best all-time Captain.this team has ever had. Linden, of course, for his crazy antics in the 1994 Cup final... I also really like Hank, and Naslund was fun to watch. My vote, though, goes to Smyl

Archived