Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Versteeg

Higgins Ott Kassian

Lapierre Pahllson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Gubranson

Garrison Tanev/Salo/Rome

Schneider

You're really determined to over pay for Ott aren't you? Two first round picks for an undersized shat disturber who is a 3 million cap hit and whose offensive upside is very over-stated. No thank you.

Not sure why so many people are determined to move Edler either...

He's like an echelon above Lapierre, Hansen, and Higgins at a 3rd line role.

With Kassian and Higgins he'd get 40 points and shut down opposition, though I'd prefer him Lapierre and Kassian, that is a SC 3rd line.

He's a centre that shoots left too, so we'd have 3 bottom 6 centers.

He had 22 goals 2 years ago, I can't see not trading the 24th and 25th overall picks for him

may be a bit of overpayment, but why should we wait 4 more years for 20th+ 1st rounders develop?

We want a cup and Ott is a SC 3rd line center

I don't think he is anywhere near as valuable as Higgins or Hansen, and they make 3.2 combined.

I would rather re-sign Pahlsson, as opposed to having Ott running around stirring up crap he can't back up - I just don't want to see the guy in a Canucks jersey, and I don't see him as a shut down guy either.

You can get a lot more for two first round picks than Steve Ott. Two firsts should get you a top notch top six guy to light it up beside Hank or Kesler.

I don't think he is anywhere near as valuable as Higgins or Hansen, and they make 3.2 combined.

I would rather re-sign Pahlsson, as opposed to having Ott running around stirring up crap he can't back up - I just don't want to see the guy in a Canucks jersey, and I don't see him as a shut down guy either.

You can get a lot more for two first round picks than Steve Ott. Two firsts should get you a top notch top six guy to light it up beside Hank or Kesler.

What do you mean stir up stuff, he's scored 20 goals twice.

He plays a physical type of hockey, which means he fights his battles. The way Kassian made Lapierre hit more would equate the same thing with Ott, 3 players with 250 hits each. It's the type of hockey teams need to play and you're wrong to think Hansen or Higgins who get feeds from Hodgson one season equal more than Ott.

Ott is much better than either.

If 2 1sts fetch u a top 6 why didn't Gillis trade a 1st with Hodgson and get a top 6?

hint: two late round 1sts are not worth a 25+ goal scorer top 6, ironically Ott had 22 goals one year. and 38 points another.

Ott is a Sean Avery type of player - same size, same style.

Gillis did get a top six power forward for Hodgson - give him time to breathe.

Two firsts for Ott - never. Not even one.

btw - it was Higgins and Hansen who made Hodgson look better than he is, not vice versa (and they carried the play both ways).

Calling Ott Avery doesn't address what I have said about him having over 260 hits with Lapierre and Kassian each having the same total. He has scored 20 goals twice more than Hansen ever has.

Higgins has almost no hits.

If they carried the play why did Hansen not score for 20 soemthing games after Cody went cold?

Why did Higgins do 0 in the playoffs after an energizing end to the season?

answer: Hodgson was as important as them, Ott is better than both Higgins and Hansen and you're wrong to think they're any more qualified for a 3rd line role than Ott.

Ott only had one 20 goal season - (and he was a -14 anyway)

If you want to look at things that way, have a look at Higgins career stats (which won't show you how outstanding his all around game is - puck hound, strong on the boards, very intelligent, does all things well.)

There is more to hockey than goal scoring statistics.

Hodgson and Ott = over-rated. Neither of them for our third line, thanks. Hodgson = good with the puck on his stick otherwise, meh. Ott = hits, annoys people, scores 10 goals a year - aside from not wanting him or his 3 million cap hit, I don't think he's worth more than a second round pick, and the most I'd give you is a pair of 5th rounders. :rolleyes:

Btw - you want to give away two first round picks for a third line center? Uh, that's just not a good proposal.

Pahlsson is a much better shut down guy than Ott, and cost a pair of fourth rounders...

Ott only had one 20 goal season - (and he was a -14 anyway)

If you want to look at things that way, have a look at Higgins career stats (which won't show you how outstanding his all around game is - puck hound, strong on the boards, very intelligent, does all things well.)

There is more to hockey than goal scoring statistics.

Hodgson and Ott = over-rated. Neither of them for our third line, thanks. Hodgson = good with the puck on his stick otherwise, meh. Ott = hits, annoys people, scores 10 goals a year - aside from not wanting him or his 3 million cap hit, I don't think he's worth more than a second round pick, and the most I'd give you is a pair of 5th rounders. :rolleyes:

Btw - you want to give away two first round picks for a third line center? Uh, that's just not a good proposal.

Pahlsson is a much better shut down guy than Ott, and cost a pair of fourth rounders...

You don't know the value of hockey assets if you think Ott isn't worth two late 1st round picks.

20 goal scorers are being payed 4 million dollars today, two late 1sts get you perennial 3rd line difference makers.

The years he scored 10 goals he had 30 assists lol.

Archived