Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

POPULAR

1) Doesn't matter where Luongo is

2) MG has assistant GMs who are fully capable of making trades.

Burke never wanted that contract. Its the assistant Leafs GM Dave Nonis who wants Luongo

1) it does if he hasn't spoke to Gillis about his future as a Canuck.

2) So you are saying the assistant GM traded Luongo while he took off on a fishing trip?

I would love to hear that conversation Monday morning

Gilman - Hey Mike you catch any fish?

Gillis - Hell ya, never used a rod! I negotiated those fish into my cooler.

Gilman - I traded Luongo
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#32 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

I can't believe there were actually posters believing samjam LOL thats too funny ...yes the canucks will make a deal 30 days before and report it later.. good one + why wouldn't they listen to other offers at the deadline instead of just making the deal? lol come on man.

#33 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

POPULAR

I wonder if Dale Tallon is looking at what Roberto Luongo's presence did to Cory Schneider. Thinking of acquiring Luongo to work with Jacob Markstrom?

Four to five years takes Luongo to 37-38. Markstrom would be 26-27 (same age as Schneider now).

Posted Image

#34 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Do we really want to keep adding pieces from Florida? NO
Leafs? NO
By the stuff I've read, the value of Luongo is low right now, so I'd rather trade Schneider and get a higher return.
Luongo can retire in 4-5 years and we'll have Lack.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#35 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,331 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Why is he on vacation when he should be training? Look at the Sedins.
Posted Image

#36 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Apparently Canucks marketing team were told to remove all Luongo pictures from Rogers Arena and team website.

@vuisMOi
#Canucks marketing team told to remove all Roberto Luongo images from Rogers Arena & the team website.

Edited by The Great Honey Badger, 05 June 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
Sig made by The Great Honey Badger™

Don't Click!

#37 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Can't wait till this is behind us.

I'm excited for a well rested Nucks team with a bona fide number 1 goalie.

#38 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Apparently Canucks marketing team were told to remove all Luongo pictures from Rogers Arena and team website.

@vuisMOi
#Canucks marketing team told to remove all Roberto Luongo images from Rogers Arena & the team website.

Thats garbage, do you really think they'd do that before a players gone? Even if the Canucks are looking to deal Luongo, anything can happen, Schneids could sign a crazy offersheet, maybe no offers are on the table for Luongo, Schneider gets a major injury in the offseason while eating pancakes...
Posted Image

#39 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

@vuisMOi

Don't tell anyone, but Take them off ............

after the draft

Edited by Noheart, 05 June 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#40 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

TSN has just thrown rumors out there they struck out with the whole Bieksa thing 3 years in a row. They're trying to stir something up. , when it happens it happens.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#41 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,342 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

To Van:

Kulikov
Upshall
Rights to Garrison

To Fla:

Luongo
Alberts

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#42 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

i'm standing by my info... still confident he WILL be traded to toronto.

we can make our judgements when/if he is traded...

ummm but you said it was 90% now its when/if.....

Posted Image
still smells

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#43 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

TSN has just thrown rumors out there they struck out with the whole Bieksa thing 3 years in a row. They're trying to stir something up. , when it happens it happens.

I hope the stir it up a whole lot where many teams want to overbid for him... I love the guy great goalie but something has to give

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#44 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Do we really want to keep adding pieces from Florida? NO
Leafs? NO
By the stuff I've read, the value of Luongo is low right now, so I'd rather trade Schneider and get a higher return.
Luongo can retire in 4-5 years and we'll have Lack.

I'd rather keep both assets and increase their value next season now that the tradecan of warms is open and the tradewinds are manifesting.

The 1aC market is bare this year anyways and that's what the Canucks need. A second first line center between Booth and Kesler.

Posted Image

#45 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rce=twitterfeed

Other interesting tidbits:

McKenzie: Teams that have interest in Roberto Luongo are wondering how long is he going to play, how long is the commitment that you're actually making? He's got 10 years left on his contract, but if you look at the way the contract's structured, he's not going to play more than seven – the last three years are those bogus years for just over a shade over $1 million and he's definitely not playing those. So the maximum commitment is seven years, maybe six. There are some people out there who believe though, that Roberto Luongo is only prepared to play another four or five years in the National Hockey League. And if Roberto Luongo decided to retire at any time, the cap hit goes away and nobody's obliged to take on the commitment of the contract any longer than he is interested in playing. The tricky part though is, Roberto Luongo cannot come to a pre-agreement with any team that is interested in him, saying "oh, I'll only play four years, then I'll let you off the hook," because that would be cap circumvention. There is talk out there that Luongo doesn't want to play any more than four or five years more years, but I think the teams would have to take it on faith or face value.

Gotta love the every changing marketplace. 3 weeks ago Dreger reported Florida has zero interest in Lu, now LeBrun thinks they are 'very interested'. I think the closer we get to July 1st, the more teams that will be interested - especially if there is this 'belief' that he'll retire in 5 or so yrs.

Given what was reported at trade deadline, Gillis is likely still interested in Gudbranson. Other than his size/strength, he's not appealing at all - esp his $3.2M contract. He played extremely sheltered mins in his 1st yr and did very poorly with them. I'd wayyyyy rather have Garrison - by a country mile. I know they have a ton of great prospects, who else is interesting?

Edited by RunningWild, 05 June 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#46 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

To Van:

Kulikov
Upshall
Rights to Garrison

To Fla:

Luongo
Alberts

That would be a good trade for us if Garrison signs for reasonable money ..
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#47 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rce=twitterfeed

Other interesting tidbits:

Gotta love the every changing marketplace. 3 weeks ago Dreger reported Florida has zero interest in Lu, now LeBrun thinks they are 'very interested'. I think the closer we get to July 1st, the more teams that will be interested - especially if there is this 'belief' that he'll retire in 5 or so yrs.

Given what was reported at trade deadline, Gillis is likely still interested in Gudbranson. Other than his size/strength, he's not appealing at all - esp his $3.2M contract. He played extremely sheltered mins in his 1st yr and did very poorly with them. I'd wayyyyy rather have Garrison - by a country mile. I know they have a ton of great prospects, who else is interesting?

It is interesting to hear the about-faces taking place now that people have had a chance to actually look at Luongo's contract and are realizing that the premature claims that it is "ridiculous" were misinformed - the main ingredient - the 5.3 million cap hit - is obviously a good deal - the buyout terms are also very reasonable even if a team no longer wanted to pay that cap hit and if in the worst case scenario Luongo did not agree to retire - the buyout is only $914k a year. If both sides are amenable in the end and Luongo wanted to retire after the realistic 4 to 6/7 year commitment - then the contract is is not so ridiculous - actually at a cap hit like that, something most GMs would probably see as pretty damn positive - and you never know, with Luongo's work ethic, it is possible that he puts himself in a class with Thomas, Brodeur, Roloson, as guys who can still play at a high level at 40 years of age...

#48 Kulikov

Kulikov

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

To Van:

Kulikov
Upshall
Rights to Garrison

To Fla:

Luongo
Alberts

There are 3 players (that teams might trade) that i'd even consider trading schneider for and Kulikov is one of them. There is no realm of reality where Kulikov even gets talked about in a trade for Luongo. I don't even think Schneider would get kulikov to be honest, I suppose it doesn't really matter because neither of our goalies are a fit for Florida who only need a good goalie for 2-3 seasons at the most. They have a future star that's not far off.

#49 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Not that I ever believed that bs about Lu meeting TO medical staff, but wouldn't that be tampering?

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#50 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Not that I ever believed that bs about Lu meeting TO medical staff, but wouldn't that be tampering?

Not if the Canucks let them.

#51 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I'd rather keep both assets and increase their value next season now that the tradecan of warms is open and the tradewinds are manifesting.

The 1aC market is bare this year anyways and that's what the Canucks need. A second first line center between Booth and Kesler.

Why? It'll just create unnecessary heat for the goalies plus we need to make a final push for the cup now rather than sit and hope for the best like we did this year.
Cup or bust, our guys are getting old!
Posted Image

#52 Kulikov

Kulikov

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Why? It'll just create unnecessary heat for the goalies plus we need to make a final push for the cup now rather than sit and hope for the best like we did this year.
Cup or bust, our guys are getting old!

If we can't improve the team in front of Schneids significantly by trading Lu then we should do nothing. Trading Schneids would be a disaster, trading Lu for a mediocre return doesn't help us win the cup.

#53 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

To Van:

Kulikov
Upshall
Rights to Garrison

To Fla:

Luongo
Alberts

That is an interesting proposal - the Panthers have a lot of young, high picks on their blueline - Gudbranson, Ellerby and Kulikov, all young first rounders. I haven't seen much of Kulikov, but at 21 he has already played over 200 NHL games - that says alot - he's also an RFA. Garrison may sign here anyway, but why not take his rights in a package like this - but what will these two guys cost to sign, in addition to Upshall's cap hit?
I like Upshall and he is a guy they may be willing to move at 3.5 million cap hit - sports hernia last year - he hasn't seemed to be able to gain much traction in his career, but I like the way he plays and I think he'd be a good guy to take a risk on - could turn out to be another Higgins for us.
They also have a couple young centers who were first round picks - Huberdeau and Bjugstad - so Shawn Matthias - a big, 24 year old center might be a potential third line center...

Edited by oldnews, 05 June 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#54 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

If we can't improve the team in front of Schneids significantly by trading Lu then we should do nothing. Trading Schneids would be a disaster, trading Lu for a mediocre return doesn't help us win the cup.

Unlikely that we'll get a really good return for Luongo, so trading Schneider is the only logical option in my opinion, because well Luongo was terrific all season, he was very good in the 2 games he played in the playoffs, and people turned on him in between the time of game 2 ending, to the start of game 3.

Schneider can bring back a whole lot more right now, I will not consider Schneider proven untill he's had a full season of play.
Posted Image

#55 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

That is an interesting proposal - the Panthers have a lot of young, high picks on their blueline - Gudbranson, Ellerby and Kulikov, all young first rounders. I haven't seen much of Kulikov, but at 21 he has already played over 200 NHL games - that says alot - he's also an RFA.
I like Upshall and he is a guy they may be willing to move at 3.5 million cap hit - sports hernia last year - he hasn't seemed to be able to gain much traction in his career, but I like the way he plays and I think he'd be a good guy to take a risk on - could turn out to be another Higgins for us.
Garrison may sign here anyway, but why not take his rights in a package like this.
They also have a couple young centers who were first round picks - Huberdeau and Bjugstad - so Shawn Matthias - a big, 24 year old center might be a potential third line center...

add Quinton Howden to that list too.

#56 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Dude, if it was a done deal, then they wouldn't wait.

We might have acknowledged interest from Toronto, but until the draft comes there is NO chance ( 0% chance [18+6-24=chance]) that any deal is sitting around done like last night's dinner just waiting for someone to tell us about it.

Why would any team EVER make a deal between the trade deadline and the draft?

That makes no sense.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#57 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,166 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

add Quinton Howden to that list too.

oh yeah - do they have a lot of young assets or what? wow.
so much more interesting to consider possible moves with Florida as opposed to Toronto, and I have to admit that I'd love to see the Leafs miss out on Luongo, not to mention that I like Luo and wouldn't wish Toronto on him, while Florida is likely going somewhere, fast. I'm glad Talon is no longer in Chicago.

Edited by oldnews, 05 June 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#58 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Tallon and Gillis have each other on speed dial.

TOML

Speed dial, Facebook, they text a lot too, the whole 9 yards.
Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#59 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wasn't the Corey Perry deal rumoured to be 'all but done' and 'will be announced after the Boston game'? Sounds to similar of a situation.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#60 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,228 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

As I said in the other thread:

To Fla

Luongo

To Van

Howden
23rd overall 2012
Upshall

A deal like this would balance out the Ballard trade a bit (for optics in getting Howden back) and provides the Canucks with a top 9 forward that hits, who could possibly play all over the line-up, which we will need to start the season.

Florida gets their starting goalie to give Markstrom another year in the AHL and cuts the contract of Upshall who they had just signed to a sizable deal.

This is the type of deal we can look for, not for a top 4 d-man. That will need to come from somewhere else but first we need to get the three assets that we can use going forward.

Surprised to hear it suggested but maybe the Canucks really can make a deal to send Lou back to Florida for an asset we previous had sent them, as we did in the Booth trade to re-acquire our 3rd.

I could see a package like Quinton Howden, 23rd overall 2012 and a player like Scotty Upshall doing it.

That way, when combined with the Ballard trade, the deal would look like this:

To Van:

Upshall, Ballard, 23rd overall 2012, Oreskovich

To Fla:

Luongo, Grabner, Bernier

It could be done for optics as much as anything.

Edited by theminister, 05 June 2012 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.