Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[TSN-Insider Trading] Luongo Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
200 replies to this topic

#151 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

You're trying to reason with someone who called Schneider the next Patrick Roy.

You should at least wait until we see him play 50 games before sayinging somethign like he isn't Patrick Roy, just logic.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#152 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

You should at least wait until we see him play 50 games before sayinging somethign like he isn't Patrick Roy, just logic.

You should at least wait until we see him play 50 games before sayinging somethign like he is Patrick Roy, just logic.

Edited by Special Ed, 08 June 2012 - 10:56 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#153 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Calling Ott Avery doesn't address what I have said about him having over 260 hits with Lapierre and Kassian each having the same total. He has scored 20 goals twice more than Hansen ever has.

Higgins has almost no hits.

If they carried the play why did Hansen not score for 20 soemthing games after Cody went cold?

Why did Higgins do 0 in the playoffs after an energizing end to the season?

answer: Hodgson was as important as them, Ott is better than both Higgins and Hansen and you're wrong to think they're any more qualified for a 3rd line role than Ott.

Ott only had one 20 goal season - (and he was a -14 anyway)
If you want to look at things that way, have a look at Higgins career stats (which won't show you how outstanding his all around game is - puck hound, strong on the boards, very intelligent, does all things well.)
There is more to hockey than goal scoring statistics.
Hodgson and Ott = over-rated. Neither of them for our third line, thanks. Hodgson = good with the puck on his stick otherwise, meh. Ott = hits, annoys people, scores 10 goals a year - aside from not wanting him or his 3 million cap hit, I don't think he's worth more than a second round pick, and the most I'd give you is a pair of 5th rounders. :rolleyes:

Btw - you want to give away two first round picks for a third line center? Uh, that's just not a good proposal.

Pahlsson is a much better shut down guy than Ott, and cost a pair of fourth rounders...

Edited by oldnews, 08 June 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#154 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

If you want to look at things that way, have a look at Higgins career stats (which won't show you how outstanding his all around game is - puck hound, strong on the boards, very intelligent, does all things well.)
Hodgson and Ott = over-rated. Neither of them for our third line, thanks. Hodgson = good with the puck on his stick otherwise, meh. Ott = hits, annoys people, scores 10 goals a year - aside from not wanting him or his 3 million cap hit, I don't think he's worth more than a second round pick, and the most I'd give you is a pair of 5th rounders. :rolleyes:

Btw - you want to give away two first round picks for a third line center? Uh, that's just not a good proposal.

Pahlsson is a much better shut down guy than Ott, and cost a pair of fourth rounders...

Ott is someone who plays the game hard, someone you hate to play against but love to have on your team. He's a guy that can play left wing or center and is a good center. He's capable defensively and a solid PKer. He's an ideal third liner who can move up in the line up. Unlike Avery he's willing to drop the gloves and fight. He's also someone you can put on the ice in the last 5 mins of a game to seal the deal or catch up in a game having scored 60 of his 220 pts (27% of his pts) in the final 5 mins of a game. For comparison sake, Kesler scored 83 of his 337 pts (25%) in the final 5 mins of a game and Pahlsson had 65 pts of 356 pts (18%)

A 3M cap hit with the current CBA is not a bad cap hit. David Jones makes 4M a year and likely will be a third liner on the Avs if Downie, Mueller and McGinn all return next season. I'd rather have Ott than Jones on our third line. Then there's Joel Ward who makes 3.25/3.5M. Again I'd take Ott over Ward any day.

While 2x 1st rs pcks is not a good proposal, neither is two 5th rounders.

#155 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

While 2x 1st rs pcks is not a good proposal, neither is two 5th rounders.

Two 5th rounders wasn't a proposal.

#156 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Two 5th rounders wasn't a proposal.

Must have misunderstood the "at most id gove you a pair of fifth rounders" my bad

#157 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

You don't know the value of hockey assets if you think Ott isn't worth two late 1st round picks.

20 goal scorers are being payed 4 million dollars today, two late 1sts get you perennial 3rd line difference makers.

The years he scored 10 goals he had 30 assists lol.

Edited by Merci, 09 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#158 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

You don't know the value of hockey assets if you think Ott isn't worth two late 1st round picks.

20 goal scorers are being payed 4 million dollars today, two late 1sts get you perennial 3rd line difference makers.

He isn't.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 June 2012 - 12:40 AM.

zackass.png

#159 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

So you're saying that Claude e Giroux and David Perron are worth Ott? Those two are late forst rounders?

Is he worth Quinton Howden and Nicklas Jensen?

You are generalizin and under valuing first round picks.

#160 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I agree they should look at Ott.Clutterbuck would be another guy At the right price.

#161 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Must have misunderstood the "at most id gove you a pair of fifth rounders" my bad

No, I was just being sarcastic, as in I'd rather have Pahlsson (for two fourths), and would not be willing to give what it would take to get Ott.

I agree they should look at Ott.Clutterbuck would be another guy At the right price.

I'd take Clutterbuck in an instant over Ott. Bigger, younger, more punishing hitter, more disciplined and without the Ott personality, just as much or more offensive upside, and a 1.4 million cap hit - much more in line with what he's worth - and no one in their right mind would expect to get or give two first round picks to acquire him. The fact that Dallas was shopping Ott while in a playoff race and while he had over two years left on his contract might tell us something - they were looking to cash in on his overly inflated value.

But neither of these guys are coming this way in a potential Luongo deal.

Merci - the fact that you ask "What do you mean stir up stuff" makes me wonder if you have ever seen Ott play a period of hockey.

Edited by oldnews, 09 June 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#162 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

So you're saying that Claude e Giroux and David Perron are worth Ott? Those two are late forst rounders?

Is he worth Quinton Howden and Nicklas Jensen?

You are generalizin and under valuing first round picks.

Of course, you are generalizing and over valuing first round picks.
Posted Image

#163 PunjabiCanuck

PunjabiCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

if devils sign parise and brodeur retires trade louu to NJ for parise done deal

#164 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74,986 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Martin Brodeur already said he is coming back next year even if he wins the cup this year.

307mg00.jpg

#165 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Of course, you are generalizing and over valuing first round picks.

Lol. How am I overvaluing them? All I said was he's under valuing them never said ANYTHING about overvaluing them. I just outlined 2 late first rounders that have turned into quality players an then I listed the two players that were select with the Canucks picks(Howden selected by FLA using VAN pick)

Edited by Puck Puck Goose, 09 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#166 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Anyone who thinks ott is worth a 1st rounder needs to be punched in the face by a bus.

#167 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

We should go after Gudbranson. I'm not sure what we would have to give up or what would be a fair trade. Any suggestions? This guy would be a perfect partner for Eddy. He has a lot of upside and hits like a Tank! Plus him and Kassian are already buddies.

We'll maybe not best friends..

#168 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Martin Brodeur already said he is coming back next year even if he wins the cup this year.

Well it's not like he's going to cause a controversy right before an SCF game. That wouldn't be fair to his teammates. Who knows what will happen with him.

#169 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Would love Gudbranson. Doubt Florida would give him unfortunately.
Luongo
Raymond
Shroeder
1st
2nd
For
Weiss
Gudbranson

#170 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Luongo
Raymond
Shroeder
1st
2nd
For
Weiss
Gudbranson

I've been on this forum a long time. That has to be the worst trade proposal in the history of CDC. Please Google the word "overpayment" and then throw your computer out the window.

#171 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Latest update, he recently said he's unsure about his future. THis was during the finals when he said this.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#172 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

I've been on this forum a long time. That has to be the worst trade proposal in the history of CDC. Please Google the word "overpayment" and then throw your computer out the window.

Lol

It's not but ok.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#173 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

Lol

It's not but ok.

I think it's a damn huge overpayment. Why the hell are the ones giving up the 1st round picks?

speaking of that....

Samjam99 tweeted a few months ago that Vancouver was very much in the Rick Nash sweepstakes.

Would Vancouver fans be happy with this trade?

To Columbus Roberto Luongo
To Vancouver Rick Nash

Rick Nash comes with a 7.5 million dollar cap hit until 2018, his stats average for the player he is.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#174 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

i cant wait for the draft so this will get done and we can move on!!!!!!!!!!

#175 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think it's a damn huge overpayment. Why the hell are the ones giving up the 1st round picks?

speaking of that....

Samjam99 tweeted a few months ago that Vancouver was very much in the Rick Nash sweepstakes.

To Vancouver Rick Nash

Rick Nash comes with a 7.5 million dollar cap hit until 2018, his stats average for the player he is.

Happy? I'll run down my street naked if that were to happen.
Posted Image

#176 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

speaking of that....

To Vancouver Rick Nash

Put Nash on the Sedin line and you could be looking at next year's Rocket Richard winner and potentially the first player to score 50 goals in 50 games since Brett Hull down the road.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#177 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

If its a deal for Nash we would have to include a young player like Jensen.

No dice.

#178 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Put Nash on the Sedin line and you could be looking at next year's Rocket Richard winner and potentially the first player to score 50 goals in 50 games since Brett Hull down the road.

This is my dream to see , with all repect to burrows, Rick Nash is the player the Sedins deserve a chance to play with. I would wager that Nash in a Canadian market like our would absolutly thrive. Any deal for Nash would include schnieder + and are the luougo fences mendable?Then kes to anahiem for getzlaf and start planning the parade!!!

#179 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

speaking of that....

To Vancouver Rick Nash

Well that trade would never happen. LA can get Bernier, and Brown for Nash I bet.

And why do we give up a 1st?

I'll admit it's overpayment, I tend to believe there are two types of people who value Luongo.

1. He's an allstar goalie worth a 1st and a top 6 forward
2. He's a declining veteran and is going to be packaged implying unknown value

So

Weiss top 6
Gubranson top 4 1st round pick

Luongo
Raymond
Schroeder
1st
2nd

so our 1st is the 26th overall, while Gubranson was 3rd, 23 spots of difference.

Gubranson has developed in the NHL and actually done somehting unlike Schroeder, and for that fact Raymond.

Weiss is a top 6 centre that can feed Kesler, and be a back up centre. He has 60 points regularily.

We give up 1 roster player(arguably our worst in Raymond) and get a top 6 and top 4. Sorry but you're wrong

Luongo. Raymond, Schroeder 1st, 2nd for Weiss Gubranson is extremely fair, and you probably don't understand hockey if you think it isn't

Edited by Merci, 10 June 2012 - 03:48 PM.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#180 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

CDC: Where Luongo won't get you Jake Gardiner, but he will get you Zach Parise....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.