The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TSN-Insider Trading] Luongo Update

I don't recall Campbell getting beat up. In fact I thought he had been one of Chicago's most underrated players during their cup run. He's also a 50 point defenseman. Those don't exactly grow on trees.

You add Campbell to our team, our PP goes back to being tops in the league. Campbell is exactly what we were missing when Ehrhoff left last year.

If we move out Ballard, then he fits in nicely. The Cap is also going up to 70 million next year, plus we have some young guys coming up that will be able to allow having his massive cap hit.

I don't see that D-corp as amazing..........Campbell will get beat up if he returns to the West, like he did in Chicago...........the backend needs some size and some toughness to go along with some skill.......the team, in general needs it.

If Florida is interested, would anybody be upset with Campbell coming the other way? I know his cap hit is huge, but you can't argue his influence offensively. Look what happened to Chicago's PP after they traded him. He still has 4 years left.

Agreed.

There's only a few reasons why one would pick up Campbell - to reach the cap floor and/or if you're damn sure you know what he provides for the team. That's why Florida's GM picked him up - past history with him. He KNOWS what he will provide on that team.

Campbell honestly won't fit into your team - plus his salary cap hit is extremely high. If you couldn't afford Ehrhoff before, what makes you think you can afford Campbell?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what Campbell brings. And if you don't, well, you're not doing your job.

And Campbell fits perfectly into our team. A PP QB is what we've been missing since Ehrhoff left and Campbell is a better version of him. Offensively and defensively.

Campbell also makes the players around him better. Look at Barker, or even Garrison this year.

Yes his cap hit is undesirable, but if you move Luongo and Ballard there is more than enough cap space to go around. Plus the cap rising to 70.3 million helps.

Rather have Campbell than Komisarek or Lecavalier.

At seasons end Luo gave his list to teams and at anytime he could be gone,only problem is all teams involved will ask about Schneider and if something unbeatable is put infront of us he might be gone, so MG will take his time incase Luo can be deal.

Don't want Campbell. Sure he's gifted offensively, but he isn't a shooter, something we need more of on our power play. He also isn't a shutdown guy, which we need more of, because if Hamhuis ever goes down, our defense crumbles. Garrison would be a nice addition because not only does he have a size and a huge point shot, he can also play good defense. Hopefully we can offer him a contract with 2-3 years just incase there is that possibility that he only had 1 good season.

I've been saying Bozak + Kulemin for the last god damn 2 weeks!!! Glad someone is finally seeing the same light.

Part of me doesn't see Raymond as being a BB style of player, nor Caryle. I doubt they would want to qualify him at the 2+million he would make.

Lou for Kulemin and Bozak would be a good deal if BB and co have gripes about Lou's contract. TOR saves face and we get back two good players.

Archived