Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Magician

Replacing Ryan Kesler

139 posts in this topic

If we could replace Ryan Kesler for the time while he is injured on the 2nd line through Trade, Free-Agency, or one of our prospects, who would you want? (Be realistic)

Considering that the free agent centre pool is terrible & I dont "realistically" see us acquiring a C via trade, I guess I would go with Max Lapierre. The dude could actually have some serious skill if he was more determined each game.

To everyone suggesting Jordan Schroeder, how bout lets see how he does on maybe the fourth/third line first before we just throw him into the top 6 without any prior NHL experience.

No point trading for or signing a Top 6 centre if it's only gonna be for a few months at the beginning of the year. I would go with Schroeder.

If for some reason we were to make a trade for a C, then I would love to see Jordan Staal in a Nucks uni.

Im going to go out on a limb and take the question seriously. I'd try to get Tavares or Kopitar.

(if we were going the trade route)

Schroeder needs to start on the third line with a guy like Kassian to protect him at least for the time being until he's confident.

Higgins can play centre.

Booth - Higgins - Top 6 Forward

Im going to go out on a limb and take the question seriously. I'd try to get Tavares or Kopitar.

If for some reason we were to make a trade for a C, then I would love to see Jordan Staal in a Nucks uni.

Most realistic? Schroeder most likely

Through trade? Jordan Staal

Through free agency? Brad Boyes (he can play center)