The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacing Ryan Kesler

The Magician

......It's not clear at all that i'm a hater.I just am looking for ways to improve the team.Kesler last season proved he wasn't what was needed at 2C,therefore all I'm saying is it shouldn't be a shoe-in for him to return to the 2nd line until he proves himself again.Money isn't an issue or else 4.2million Ballard wouldn't have constantly been a healthy scratch.

stephen weiss. We have trade history with FLA and they are reportedly interested in Luongo.

My proposition: Luongo and Schroeder for Weiss and Howden.... or something along those lines.

Jason Arnott!

2knd line center till Kess is back, then Manny's 3rd line replacement center or 2knd line RW. 6'4" 220 lbs, fast, great fore checker and 1000 career points almost. Realistically, 38 to 48 points and a useful physical body!

:bigblush:

181 points two seasons ago was tied for the most productive 2knd line in hockey.

Rarely, will you ever find two 2knd line wingers scoring 106 points between them.

The real problem is CDC'ers are expecting not just first line point performance, but all star first line performance from anybody that plays with Kesler?

:sick:

Lets just hope our 207 lb wrecking ball of a three time Selke nominated centre comes back healthy. Everything else will take care of itself!

:picard:

Now a 215 lb winger who can make the Twins a legitimate two way threat... :bigblush: Priceless!

Kesler 75 points

Samuelsson 53 points

Raymond 53 points

....I believe I was in the same boat as mpt on Kesler.I have continuously stated in my opinion Kesler is the problem with the 2nd line,Not his wingers, and there's been many.

J. Staal. Would be nice to have him. Imagine our depth when Kesler got back. Both Staal and Kesler would have to fight for the no. 2 centre position when healthy. Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition haha.

But seriously, i doubt we'll get a big top 6 centre. Maybe one of our prospects or Lappy will take the place.

Kesler is an idiot and AV is gutless so he'll be in the line-up on starting day ready to get hurt again before the end of the year, but he'll still play while he's hurt so we don't have to worry about replacing him. :sadno:

Realistically I'd like to find a new center for the second line and either put Kesler on the wing of play him as our third line center. Ideally I think that would rock but ... it won't happen.

Higgins/Burrows Kesler Hansen - that's a checking line ... too bad it's basically our second line right now. :sadno:

People just don't see to get it. That is a terrible trade, and I'm not even talking about value because that's the least of my worries if the Canucks did this trade.

So, we get Zajac, he comes in for a short period of time, Kesler comes back, and Zajac is useless now. Plus he needs a new contract. Let's not forget the massive hole left on defense with Bxa being traded. Y'know, it's not like we're in desperate need for a top 4 defensemen RIGHT NOW, so to hell with it, let's trade Bieksa, that will definitely help our defense! Fayne would still be a 3rd paring/healthy scratch with Bxa gone.

Plus we lose Lack and our 1st, for what again? A useless asset in Zajac (needing a new contract, with the chance of walking on us because we do have Hank/Kes...), and a 3rd pairing defensemen on our roster (Fayne).

We need top 6 wingers, not top 6 centermen. We need top defensemen, not give them up. We need our 1st (unless we get a way better trade where we have to even up the value). We need Lack for the future, if we don't trade Luongo. Hell, I'd keep Lack even if we had Schneider as our starter.

181 points two seasons ago was tied for the most productive 2knd line in hockey.

Rarely, will you ever find two 2knd line wingers scoring 106 points between them.

Kesler 75 points

Samuelsson 53 points

Raymond 53 points

Archived