The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacing Ryan Kesler

The Magician

People just don't see to get it. That is a terrible trade, and I'm not even talking about value because that's the least of my worries if the Canucks did this trade.

So, we get Zajac, he comes in for a short period of time, Kesler comes back, and Zajac is useless now. Plus he needs a new contract. Let's not forget the massive hole left on defense with Bxa being traded. Y'know, it's not like we're in desperate need for a top 4 defensemen RIGHT NOW, so to hell with it, let's trade Bieksa, that will definitely help our defense! Fayne would still be a 3rd paring/healthy scratch with Bxa gone.

Plus we lose Lack and our 1st, for what again? A useless asset in Zajac (needing a new contract, with the chance of walking on us because we do have Hank/Kes...), and a 3rd pairing defensemen on our roster (Fayne).

We need top 6 wingers, not top 6 centermen. We need top defensemen, not give them up. We need our 1st (unless we get a way better trade where we have to even up the value). We need Lack for the future, if we don't trade Luongo. Hell, I'd keep Lack even if we had Schneider as our starter.

The OP said lets be realistic, So for me the only realistic choice would be Schroeder! If MG moves Luo then we'll have to see who he trades for, but right this moment the only choice I can see is to give Schroeder the chance and see if he runs with it or flops. Lappy is also a real possabillity.

Schroeder will not be able to prove himself if not given the chance, we need to keep that in mind for any prospect, look at what S.Couturier did in Philly, Henrique and Larsson in NJ.

Lets give Schroeder the chance MG!

We DO NOT NEED ANY MORE FA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm amazed by some of you.

I try to be as mature as I can... But at this point I honestly think some of you are completely retarted and that's me being nice.

You guys crown him as our best forward last year, "the beast" in last years playoffs, wins the selke, then he gets injured has shoulder surgery and now you guys are just rabbling like crazy people to get rid of him. Absolutely ridiculous, this is why our fan base is one of the worst in the league.

You guys flip flop more than Mitt Romney

I don't think replace is the right word to use, it should be "fill in".

Regardless of who replaces Kesler at the beginning of the season, we seriously need a youth injection into our line up to keep our top guys our real top guys.

I'm amazed by some of you.

I try to be as mature as I can... But at this point I honestly think some of you are completely retarted and that's me being nice.

You guys crown him as our best forward last year, "the beast" in last years playoffs, wins the selke, then he gets injured has shoulder surgery and now you guys are just rabbling like crazy people to get rid of him. Absolutely ridiculous, this is why our fan base is one of the worst in the league.

You guys flip flop more than Mitt Romney

Archived