The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacing Ryan Kesler

The Magician

Considering that the free agent centre pool is terrible & I dont "realistically" see us acquiring a C via trade, I guess I would go with Max Lapierre. The dude could actually have some serious skill if he was more determined each game.

To everyone suggesting Jordan Schroeder, how bout lets see how he does on maybe the fourth/third line first before we just throw him into the top 6 without any prior NHL experience.

What a horrible trade. Schroeder and howden = no nhl experience.

Weiss a decent point producer in the nhl...but at 5'11, no thanks.

Luongo = proven nhl starter, one of the best in the game, Olympic gold medalist....uhhh no thanks..

no one should replace kesler you guys will be saying woow i love kesler at the end of next season but i think higgins should replace him in the beginning of the year because higgins is ok on the dot

you wont EVER hear me say wow I love Kesler...I cant stand that guy. I want him off the Canucks so badly. Staal wants out of Pittsburgh, it will be the perfect trade. We might have to compensate Pittsburgh for Kesler being off till November. Maybe give them a 6th round draft pick or something

......It's not clear at all that i'm a hater.I just am looking for ways to improve the team.Kesler last season proved he wasn't what was needed at 2C,therefore all I'm saying is it shouldn't be a shoe-in for him to return to the 2nd line until he proves himself again.Money isn't an issue or else 4.2million Ballard wouldn't have constantly been a healthy scratch.

LOL at the bandwagon Kesler fans :picard: He's been my favorite player since I got into hockey 04ish, he is a 40 goal scoring, selke winning, rock posing, beauty. Be happy he is our second line center for god sakes! Be happy we aren't Anaheim or the Islanders. The actually have legit reasons too be complaining about the second line center position. We do not.

/rant

People just don't see to get it. That is a terrible trade, and I'm not even talking about value because that's the least of my worries if the Canucks did this trade.

So, we get Zajac, he comes in for a short period of time, Kesler comes back, and Zajac is useless now. Plus he needs a new contract. Let's not forget the massive hole left on defense with Bxa being traded. Y'know, it's not like we're in desperate need for a top 4 defensemen RIGHT NOW, so to hell with it, let's trade Bieksa, that will definitely help our defense! Fayne would still be a 3rd paring/healthy scratch with Bxa gone.

Plus we lose Lack and our 1st, for what again? A useless asset in Zajac (needing a new contract, with the chance of walking on us because we do have Hank/Kes...), and a 3rd pairing defensemen on our roster (Fayne).

We need top 6 wingers, not top 6 centermen. We need top defensemen, not give them up. We need our 1st (unless we get a way better trade where we have to even up the value). We need Lack for the future, if we don't trade Luongo. Hell, I'd keep Lack even if we had Schneider as our starter.

Archived