The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stanley Cup final ratings a disaster!

what you guys expect? California's don't really care about hockey. Most of them don't even know they won the game until the following day when it makes the "news" not sports, news.

They don't even know the Kings are playing for. They refer it to the "championship" When in fact its the Stanley cup. "We are going to win the championship." No really guys, I work with 2 people from L.A. Both of them don't give a crap about hockey.

Last time the ratings was this low?

2003, New Jersey vs Anahiem. coincidence? another california team vs New Jersey devils. Oh well, it was Bettman wanted anyways.

People these days are dazzled by star power. The NHL does a piss poor job of promoting their stars. No one but die hard fans care about Jeff Carter or Ilya Kovalchuck. The casual fan has never heard of these guys.

The NHL is reaping what it has sown. Try taking care of your stars. Maybe next time don't let Hart Trophy candidates get speed bagged in the face then give them a 10 minute penalty for getting speed bagged.

It's a joke and now the ratings reflect that. Good job Gary.

Oh and another thing, playoff games go every 2 days with out exception. When the fans have no idea when the games are on is it any wonder they don't watch?

People these days are dazzled by star power. The NHL does a piss poor job of promoting their stars. No one but die hard fans care about Jeff Carter or Ilya Kovalchuck. The casual fan has never heard of these guys.

The NHL is reaping what it has sown. Try taking care of your stars. Maybe next time don't let Hart Trophy candidates get speed bagged in the face then give them a 10 minute penalty for getting speed bagged.

It's a joke and now the ratings reflect that. Good job Gary.

Oh and another thing, playoff games go every 2 days with out exception. When the fans have no idea when the games are on is it any wonder they don't watch?

I hope to god the NHL takes this as a serrious wake up call.

They simply cannot put this crap on TV and call it "Entertainment"

Hockey peaked durring the 80's and early 90's as far as entertainment value is concerned.

It is time for DRASTIC changes to be made to the on ice product.

It is time for the NHL to employ "illegal defense" rules and make north-south hockey the only legal way to play the game.

Guest AriGold

Too funny because im a die hard hockey fan but havent watched 1 second of the finals. should call it yawnfest 2012

Shouldn't be surprising, but wow those numbers are low. If you're gonna give us trash, you're gonna get sh*t ratings ....forget about the style of hockey being played, there's not even any emotion ...its like a back-to-back-to-back-to-back regular season game ...

The rangers, coyotes, devils, kings.

Only real entertainment in the last month of hockey was...

Never mind, haven't been entertained since round 1.

In my mind I don't even take the Kings as Champs seriously. It's like, "who won the cup last year? Oh right it was those guys, I'm hungry".

The rangers, coyotes, devils, kings.

Only real entertainment in the last month of hockey was...

Never mind, haven't been entertained since round 1.

In my mind I don't even take the Kings as Champs seriously. It's like, "who won the cup last year? Oh right it was those guys, I'm hungry".

Archived