The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stanley Cup final ratings a disaster!

like the attitude of people here. they think that their opinion on LA being champs makes LA less deserving or takes anything away from them

Nucks had their chance last year. a chance that I don't see them having again for another 40 years :bored:

Thing that annoys me most is TSN, and CBC acting like this is great hockey. Watching my DVR, after game 5 they mentioned how great the ratings were, 5 times each in one segment. Neither has brang up how the hockey is trash, and how the ratings are low.

I tweeted Darren Dregger, and Pierre Lebrun, they both responded with 'we brang it up while talking about the GM meetings'. Umm that segment on TSN was burred in the second hour, and was 25 seconds long. They spent more time talking about how Marc Crawford was learning French. Elliotte Friedman (of CBC)has tweeted a few times to people who have complained about quality, that 'they don't know what good hockey is'.

Tweet them, and tell them to cover this low ratings fiasco, and ask why "clutch and grab hockey" has been allowed from Feb. on...

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

@FriedgeHNIC

@DarrenDreger

Does anyone really want to sit through this again next year?!

like the attitude of people here. they think that their opinion on LA being champs makes LA less deserving or takes anything away from them

Nucks had their chance last year. a chance that I don't see them having again for another 40 years :bored:

This has nothing to with LA beating the Canucks. Seriously did you even take the time to read it?! NO ONE COMPLAINED about Chicago/Philly series quality. And Canucks fans hate the Blackhawks FAR more than LA. If you are illiterate, I am sure people on here will be nice enough to try to teach you how to read, because you seem to lack that skill.

Back to the topic at hand, feeding the troll won't help anyways. Feel sorry for him. He is the one who has such an unimportant life, that he has to troll another teams forum, and an objective topic.

This is the first time ever that no top 10 team in goals for have made the final 4. Yet all the final 4 were in the top 10 in goals against. Clearly the NHL,and Shanny decided to go with a slower game, and this is what we got.

L.A. just a team in the right place at the right time. They are a team built to play grinding defensive hockey and capitalize on the other teams mistakes when they wear down.

When the refs put the whistles away it instantly favored defensive teams like the Kings.

The Kings will go down as having one of the greatest ever postseason runs to the cup being an 8th seed and leading every series 3-0 but I'm not impressed considered how the level of play has deteriorated in the playoffs where you can't tell the difference between each game because they all seem they are all just back to back games.

I can't remember a playoffs that has been this bad to watch. I've only watched the highlights of the games because I couldn't bare to watch more than 5 minutes at one single time.

The NBA playoffs have been way more entertaining.

Guest BuckFoston

Thats what I meant, it's 2 defensive boring systems against eachother.

Of course the fact that neither market is overly big doesn't help either.

When THe Canucks got Eliminated, I wanted the Flyers to win. They had a skill and speed team..... Then Devils boring defense hockey killed them. Then I was like Washington has some offense.....The Rags killed them, then a final 4 of all boring. Good Job NHL your ratings are deserved.

Canucks-Rangers in 2014 will set record ratings. 20th aniversary of one of the greatest finals ever. Ask any real hockey fan in New York and there is a lot of them who they would want to play in the finals and it would be Vancouver hands down.

The real question is who gave the green light to have the refs not call interference halfway through the season?

I'd start a new training regime in the AHL and CHL. Go back to a one ref system (Since two sets of eyes still miss important calls) and fire all the refs currently in the NHL once the new ref's are trained.

Was listening to the Team, when they pick up the Fox Radio feed, the lady announcer, very familiar with the NBA, their strategies on how coaches change games, players etc. Then they gave the score of the Kings/Devils game, and out it came. The Kings are one game away from sweeping the Nets. Don't know if she was serious, but there was a whole lot of backtracking, and guffaws going on. To think that the Team is in syndication with this network is laughable.

This "ice hockey" has a long way to go in those United States of Amaarica! Talk all you want about how many rinks there are in cities where the NHL is, in my lifetime, these kids will never be a difference maker as far as growing the game, which is Bettmans' agenda.

The real question is who gave the green light to have the refs not call interference halfway through the season?

I'd start a new training regime in the AHL and CHL. Go back to a one ref system (Since two sets of eyes still miss important calls) and fire all the refs currently in the NHL once the new ref's are trained.

Maybe nobody's watching because they know what's going to happen. These playoffs have stunk of being rigged throughout.

But I guess this is proof positive that the LA market is virtually impossible to gain majority interest in. Any sport. It's just too diverse.

I wanted LA to win this one though just so that's out of the way. Perhaps the Canucks will be allowed to win sooner. (Probably after TO though.) Cheers.

TOML

Archived