226 replies to this topic

#151 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

To all of those people are saying that there is not some type of rigging going on........how many times have we heard in the media how amazing the Kings run has been how they have achieved the impossible, what a story it is! The NHL is trying to make an ultimate 'Cinderella run' with LA. The only problem is NO ONE CARES because the hockey is boring and sub par. Its not hockey its just......meh.........

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

#152 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Heat / Celtics game 7 is at the same time as game 5 of this series. That won't be good for the NHL.
Posted Image

#153 Mason Raymond21

Mason Raymond21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not Surprised. Many NHL followers in my school have jump-ship to watching the NBA.

Edited by Mason Raymond21, 07 June 2012 - 09:46 PM.

Posted Image

#154 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

The call on David Clarkson's hit last night was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Time to stop caring about something so inconsistent.

but if the refs are supposed to call it all and not let things go come playoff time... that would mean MORE of those types of calls. Think that's good for the NHL?
(sorry, this wasn't really directed at you.. but a couple pages ago it was mentioned how the refs let things go come playoff time, so I wanted to use your post as an example of WHY it's good they let things go.)

#155 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

I was wondering if any of you thought a " Possession " clock would work, it would be like the shot clock, but you only have lets say, 45 seconds from when you receive the puck via, faceoff, goalie playing it our or interception. The clock would run from your own zone all the way until you get a shot. I think it would kill the trap. Ideas?
Posted Image

#156 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

To all of those people are saying that there is not some type of rigging going on........how many times have we heard in the media how amazing the Kings run has been how they have achieved the impossible, what a story it is! The NHL is trying to make an ultimate 'Cinderella run' with LA. The only problem is NO ONE CARES because the hockey is boring and sub par. Its not hockey its just......meh.........

I definitely think its fixed to an extent.
Interesting article: http://www.thefixisin.net/nhl2012.html

#157 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Ever since the Canucks have been out, I was either watching the Edmonton Oil Kings or the Blue Jays.

Posted Image

#158 Jet_91

Jet_91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hope the Heat/Celtics game blows the NHL out of the water on Saturday.

#159 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

I disagree.......The talent level of the league has never been higher. More nations than ever are producing elite level players and the US is starting to produce almost as many NHL players as Canada. I work with a guy that played in the NHL in the 80's~90's and in his own words the leagues players are faster, bigger and more skilled. Your argument was relevant about 10 years ago.

My ideas are radical and if you read my post carefully you would see that my overall preference would be BIGGER ICE (92 wide) And REDUCED GOALIE EQUIPMENT. The problem is the owners don't want to lose seats and the goalies constantly whine about not being safe with less equipment. SO ......simple adjustments can be made to offset this.

The NHL fails if it is not constantly looking for ways to better the game. The NBA adopted 3 pt lines, shot clocks and 3 pt lines to produce a better product and obviously it's worked amazingly. I continue to watch the playoffs and am a fan of the game.I have been totally impressed by how good LA has been. But the style of play that is successful today is going to do nothing but drag the NHL back to the 90's dead puck era. If teams are rewarded for attacking style offense and skill then Coaches will have no choice but to follow suit with strategies to create more chances. Win Win IMO

Expanding as much as they did neutralized having a deeper talent pool, look how great the hockey at the olympics was because the talent was at an ELITE level, an all star player in the NHL, Pronger looked like a pylon out there because the speed and skating ability was so high, the more teams and players you add the less elite it becomes, everytime you add teams you add to the bottom and increase the descrepency between the top and bottom players, hockey with the top 400 players will be a hell of a lot better than hockey among the top 1000 players. The hockey was great in the 60's, then the league quickly over expanded in the 70's and what happened? GOONS, to slow down and intimidate those they couldn't outplay, in the 80s an influx of Euro's allowed the talent to catch up with the number of teams and the hockey was great, then the league overexpanded in the 90s again and what happened? Clutch, grab, hook hold because there wasn't enough good players to go around, and still isn't, the Russians are going home (there are only about 30 left) and many of the Eastern Europeans are staying home and there aren't enough elite players for 30 teams, great players need other great players to be great, but there aren't enough so every team has 1 or 2 highly skilled players (maybe) and fills the rest with grunts that can be replaced by almost any AHL player. This is also a big reason for the horrendous reffing, not enough talent there either, as well the more refs the more inconsistancy we see, it has reached a point where it is almost unwatchable due to that.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#160 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I know a few people were against my idea, but since you were the first... I'll just quote your response (so this whole post isn't directly at you.)

First, the whole penalty thing... I get what you are saying with "if it's a penalty in October" part. But once again I'll point out that several people were upset after game 1 against the Kings that the refs were calling too much... so I kept bumping it to prove a point that when you call "everything" you still get people all up in arms over penalties. Personally, I hate it when a ref calls "boarding" or "charging" on huge LEGAL hits (I know not all of them are legal... I'm only talking about the legal hits that the vast majority would agree was legal.) That takes away a huge part of the game because players start to become "shy" of throwing a big hit (which could easily change the momentum of a game.)

as for the net size... (so this actually goes out to those that were against the idea of raising the goal height 6 inches.)

I too am a goalie, and usually I am not a fan of changing things when it comes to goalies... but hear me out on this;
1) raising the net 6" doesn't force goalies to "re-learn" the net. Knowing where you are in your net area (post to post, center of the net, etc.) is a huge thing for goalies... so making the nets wider I am totally against. BUT, if you just raise it 6", then goalies wouldn't have to "re-learn" their positions in front of their own net.
2) most goalies today are 6'2" tall and can cover the upper corners from their knees. 12 years ago, the average goalie was 6 feet tall and could cover the upper corners from their knees (while in a butterfly save position) and back in the 80s goalies were averaging around 5'10"/5'11" tall... so in the last 30 years, the average height has gone up 3-4 inches (again, allowing them to cover the upper parts of the net easier and not have to get back on their feet as fast.) Also with the added height, that means their legs are longer as well.. and can cover more of the bottom of the net. You raise it 6" and you are forcing goalies to get back up and not just pad-slide around the net the whole time.
3) high-stick goals/playing the puck. Most players are around 6'-6'1" mark... and can play a puck with their stick as long as it's below their shoulders. So the height in which a player can play the puck has grown over time... yet you can't knock a puck in if you make contact above the 4' crossbar (which hasn't been allowed to change.)
4) pad size doesn't help cover "higher" in the net. I'm not a fan of reducing pad size (since players are able to shoot harder and harder more consistently,) but with this change... it doesn't matter how "fat" a goalie is, because they still couldn't cover the top of the net as easily from their knees. Actually the larger chest protector might hinder them more than help (most goalies wear straps over their chest pads to keep them from "raising" up into their neck/head.)

I know these are just 4 examples supporting the idea... but I'd like to hear some examples of why it's not a good idea to raise it 6" (besides the idea of tradition... if we stuck to that, then goalies would get penalties for dropping to the ice.)

The penalty issue, is in part, inconsistency. Ever since the "new rules", such as the stick on the hands, which I think are ticky tack calls, especially if they aren't a slashing type infraction. Sure the player is being impeded, but when three guys get into a corner and a player has his stick in there, all the opposing player needs to do is tuck the stick in. That's the October, to last game, to the playoffs, reference I was making.
As a goalie, did you feel like your safety was compromised with your older equipment? Someone was saying they felt like a marshmellow with their new stuff. If safety wasn't compromised, I would hope they could limit the size of padding, I remember them measuring goal pads awhile back. Some of those goal gloves look like baskets as well, is there a limit on the dimensions for them?
If changes were made on the goalie equipment, I would say the nets wouldn't need to be touched at all. Goalie size wouldn't be too much of an issue, if that would happen. I grew up watching 60's NHL, they played a lot of 3-1, 2-1, games, and that was with 6 teams, only when Gretzky and the Oilers came along did the scoring increase dramatically.
Do I want to see clutch and grab hockey? NO, but, if the refereeing doesn't improve, and become more consistent, we'll all be terribly disappointed in the quality of NHL hockey for many years. A larger ice surface might be the best thing to open the game up, and give them the best opportunity to see everything on the ice.

#161 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

but if the refs are supposed to call it all and not let things go come playoff time... that would mean MORE of those types of calls. Think that's good for the NHL?
(sorry, this wasn't really directed at you.. but a couple pages ago it was mentioned how the refs let things go come playoff time, so I wanted to use your post as an example of WHY it's good they let things go.)

I think he was upset with the inconsistency with that type of call. While that should be a penalty, it's something the refs haven't been calling much of these playoffs.

Especially when the refs are supposedly "letting things go so the players decide the games" a call like that, at that crucial point of the game, is just baffling.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#162 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

NBA playoffs have been far more exciting than this years NHL playoffs

Edited by PabloEscobar, 08 June 2012 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#163 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

The penalty issue, is in part, inconsistency. Ever since the "new rules", such as the stick on the hands, which I think are ticky tack calls, especially if they aren't a slashing type infraction. Sure the player is being impeded, but when three guys get into a corner and a player has his stick in there, all the opposing player needs to do is tuck the stick in. That's the October, to last game, to the playoffs, reference I was making.
As a goalie, did you feel like your safety was compromised with your older equipment? Someone was saying they felt like a marshmellow with their new stuff. If safety wasn't compromised, I would hope they could limit the size of padding, I remember them measuring goal pads awhile back. Some of those goal gloves look like baskets as well, is there a limit on the dimensions for them?
If changes were made on the goalie equipment, I would say the nets wouldn't need to be touched at all. Goalie size wouldn't be too much of an issue, if that would happen. I grew up watching 60's NHL, they played a lot of 3-1, 2-1, games, and that was with 6 teams, only when Gretzky and the Oilers came along did the scoring increase dramatically.
Do I want to see clutch and grab hockey? NO, but, if the refereeing doesn't improve, and become more consistent, we'll all be terribly disappointed in the quality of NHL hockey for many years. A larger ice surface might be the best thing to open the game up, and give them the best opportunity to see everything on the ice.

I can understand inconsistency after the playoffs start, but the whole "October vs playoffs" idea I don't agree with. People want to talk about how things get harder in the playoffs, which is what makes the Cup so much more meaningful vs other sports trophies... yet they want that "challenge" taken away?

The equipment I use today is about 10 years old (so it's not REALLY out of date, but it is "older" equipment,) but the main reason why I don't fear for my safety is because when I grew up playing goalie in the 80s/90s.. most of the equipment I used was from the 60s/70s (till I got into high school in the 90s and finally got updated equipment.) So I was dealing with bruises after every game to the point where it was "just part of the position." The stuff I have today is about 10 years old (so it's not NEW, but it's still "new-enough") and I can still feel it when someone takes a solid shot at my chest (or even into my glove/blocker.) Then again, I don't go for the "larger is better" idea due to playing in old equipment (I can't move as freely as I'd like in larger equipment.) I do know some goalies with new stuff, and they also still get a few bruises when someone takes a solid slap shot at them (and most of those shots aren't 90mph.. probably closer to 70mph.) So to compare the equipment I used in the 90s to what I use today... it is a lot safer today, and I wouldn't want to use that old stuff today (I'd still do it... but only because I'm an idiot like that *lol*) I did have a friend that was a sales rep for a goalie equipment company (a small company that never really worked out) and he had me try on one of their new chest protectors... I couldn't touch my nose no matter how hard I tried. He showed me how it could take a 100mph slap shot to any part of it.. and you wouldn't feel a thing. But what good is that, if you can't move and end up like the kid in "A Christmas Story?" (I can't put my arms down!)

I'm glad you brought up the 80s vs the 60s, because people seem to always overlook a key element in why scoring dropped off in the 90s (which ties directly into those eras of hockey.) In the 80s, players and coaches changed their view of how the game is played. A prime example of this is how players (especially forwards) were no longer told to play on "their side" of the ice the whole game... they were being told about puck support, moving to open ice, etc. (think of it like going from playing "dome hockey" to video game hockey.) Meanwhile, goalies were still being told to "stay up!" and not drop to the ice. Then came Patrick Roy, who debunked that whole idea and coaches picked up on it to teach their goalies... suddenly by the 90s, goalies were getting better and better and catching up with the evolution of the skaters. With that came major equipment changes, especially in how leg pads were made (the early pads weren't made to "roll" onto their sides on their own when dropping down.) Today, it's almost a total reversal of coaching goalies... because now they can "pad slide" around the net and not "stay up!" Along with that, comes the idea of wanting taller goalies (because they can cover the top of the net better while down on the ice.) So because of all those events, the most logical thing to do is raise the net by 6" to try and make it so these taller goalies that pad slide around the net... don't just stay down the whole time and take away the bottom of the net (you force them back onto their feet... which would open the lower part of the net once again.)

I would love to see the NHL go to "olympic size" ice (several college teams in the US play on the bigger sheet... and it's great to watch!) But that would require all kinds of renovation in arenas that owners don't want (you'd loose seating in the prime ticket price area.) You could try to "grandfather" the ice size in the NHL, but then fans would be up in arms over that (the faster skating teams would have issues on the smaller ice, and the more physical teams would have issues with the larger ice.)

#164 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

This is not surprising. The night that LA could have won the cup, I honestly didn't even know what the outcome of the game was until last night. That's how many fracks I give about this current SCF.

Heck, I'm more interested in Lions training camp than I am hockey right now.

Edited by Demo250, 08 June 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#165 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

This is not surprising. The night that LA could have won the cup, I honestly didn't even know what the outcome of the game was until last night. That's how many fracks I give about this current SCF.

Heck, I'm more interested in Lions training camp than I am hockey right now.

It's all about the Euro Cup for me right now.......and the Jays.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#166 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I can understand inconsistency after the playoffs start, but the whole "October vs playoffs" idea I don't agree with. People want to talk about how things get harder in the playoffs, which is what makes the Cup so much more meaningful vs other sports trophies... yet they want that "challenge" taken away?

The equipment I use today is about 10 years old (so it's not REALLY out of date, but it is "older" equipment,) but the main reason why I don't fear for my safety is because when I grew up playing goalie in the 80s/90s.. most of the equipment I used was from the 60s/70s (till I got into high school in the 90s and finally got updated equipment.) So I was dealing with bruises after every game to the point where it was "just part of the position." The stuff I have today is about 10 years old (so it's not NEW, but it's still "new-enough") and I can still feel it when someone takes a solid shot at my chest (or even into my glove/blocker.) Then again, I don't go for the "larger is better" idea due to playing in old equipment (I can't move as freely as I'd like in larger equipment.) I do know some goalies with new stuff, and they also still get a few bruises when someone takes a solid slap shot at them (and most of those shots aren't 90mph.. probably closer to 70mph.) So to compare the equipment I used in the 90s to what I use today... it is a lot safer today, and I wouldn't want to use that old stuff today (I'd still do it... but only because I'm an idiot like that *lol*) I did have a friend that was a sales rep for a goalie equipment company (a small company that never really worked out) and he had me try on one of their new chest protectors... I couldn't touch my nose no matter how hard I tried. He showed me how it could take a 100mph slap shot to any part of it.. and you wouldn't feel a thing. But what good is that, if you can't move and end up like the kid in "A Christmas Story?" (I can't put my arms down!)

I'm glad you brought up the 80s vs the 60s, because people seem to always overlook a key element in why scoring dropped off in the 90s (which ties directly into those eras of hockey.) In the 80s, players and coaches changed their view of how the game is played. A prime example of this is how players (especially forwards) were no longer told to play on "their side" of the ice the whole game... they were being told about puck support, moving to open ice, etc. (think of it like going from playing "dome hockey" to video game hockey.) Meanwhile, goalies were still being told to "stay up!" and not drop to the ice. Then came Patrick Roy, who debunked that whole idea and coaches picked up on it to teach their goalies... suddenly by the 90s, goalies were getting better and better and catching up with the evolution of the skaters. With that came major equipment changes, especially in how leg pads were made (the early pads weren't made to "roll" onto their sides on their own when dropping down.) Today, it's almost a total reversal of coaching goalies... because now they can "pad slide" around the net and not "stay up!" Along with that, comes the idea of wanting taller goalies (because they can cover the top of the net better while down on the ice.) So because of all those events, the most logical thing to do is raise the net by 6" to try and make it so these taller goalies that pad slide around the net... don't just stay down the whole time and take away the bottom of the net (you force them back onto their feet... which would open the lower part of the net once again.)

I would love to see the NHL go to "olympic size" ice (several college teams in the US play on the bigger sheet... and it's great to watch!) But that would require all kinds of renovation in arenas that owners don't want (you'd loose seating in the prime ticket price area.) You could try to "grandfather" the ice size in the NHL, but then fans would be up in arms over that (the faster skating teams would have issues on the smaller ice, and the more physical teams would have issues with the larger ice.)

Very insightful post +1. I like your net idea and the rinks do need to be expanded without a doubt. I sure hope the NHL can figure out a way to eliminate the zone defense teams play which puts 3 against 5 down low and increases the likelyhood of back pressure catching the forwards. The game today as stated from the 2 most informed hockey minds (Lemaire and Bowman) has been changed the most from the goalies padding and style and the forward collapse in the d zone.

Wondering if you as a goalie could shed some insight on the reason the NHL has allowed goalies to wear 38" high pads on a 6'2" keeper?

#167 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Most exciting series so far that comes to my mind is Round 1 between Phoneix and Chicago. That was a awesome series, with all those o.t games in that series. Contending teams like Detroit and Vancouver went out way too fast. Pittsburgh getting slautered wasn't pretty at all. It was also very exciting following the Washington and Boston Series, as Canucks fans badly wanted them to lose. But hell no, this is by far one of the least interesting playoffs in recent memory. Even though an 8th seed and a 6th seed is involoved, but terrible. Right now, Luongo and his trade rumors is generating more interest then the series itself.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#168 yogolol

yogolol

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I think as soon as people learned the final 4 hockey fans stopped watching, not one of those final 4 play an exciting style of hockey.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#169 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Very insightful post +1. I like your net idea and the rinks do need to be expanded without a doubt. I sure hope the NHL can figure out a way to eliminate the zone defense teams play which puts 3 against 5 down low and increases the likelyhood of back pressure catching the forwards. The game today as stated from the 2 most informed hockey minds (Lemaire and Bowman) has been changed the most from the goalies padding and style and the forward collapse in the d zone.

Wondering if you as a goalie could shed some insight on the reason the NHL has allowed goalies to wear 38" high pads on a 6'2" keeper?

because the height doesn't really matter much aside from being able to cover your 5-hole. If a goalie that was 5'10" wore 40" pads... that doesn't mean his legs are suddenly longer and can actually cover more of the bottom of the net. All the extra height just helps cover the 5-hole. How wide a pad can be (on the other hand) does effect how much area a goalie can cover. That's why it's limited to 11" (used to be 12" wide.) But even that extra inch doesn't really change things since the only real area where the goalie "lost" coverage is closer to his feet (our body and arms can still cover the sides of our legs for the most part.)

#170 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

If there is no Canadian team, or none of the 3 big American Hockey markets (NYR, Philly, Pitts) then the ratings are going to be low.

#171 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

If rules aren't changed or referee meetings aren't held to get this game out of the stalemate it's in right now, lots of teams are going to try and get bigger, stronger and more sound defensively after watching defensive stalwarts like Boston and L.A win championships by overcoming offensive juggernauts like Vancouver and Philadelphia.
Posted Image

#172 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,429 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

If I was the Commish of the NHL. I would make a rule that 20 years from now (2032) is a goal for all arenas to handle international sized rinks. The players are so big now, the only other option is to go to 4 on 4, but purists will freak on that.

A larger ice surface would make it harder to play the trap, but if clutching and grabbing isn't called you can still tie up a skilled player.
I think what we need is consistency in the rules. You shouldn't be changing the way the game is called 1/2 way into a season.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#173 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

I am watching with the sound turned off. Glen Healey is the worst commentator in the universe.

I don't mind Hughson, but the rest on CBC are idiots. You can tell they're terrible at repeating what their eyes and ears are telling them to say

Here's to TSN or SN getting the contract in the future, or CBC taking a new direction.
Posted Image

#174 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Tell a Kings fan this and they'll get offended. Of course, that feeling quickly goes away with the realization of their team winning a freakin' cup. Sigh...

TOML

Don't even joke about news reports getting the player names wrong, or calling the puck a ball either. I witnessed a real meltdown that included accusing me of thinking hockey doesn't belong in LA, which I never even said :lol: Very sensitive.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#175 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Devils are starting to make this worth watching, LA's strategy of putting the other team and fans to sleep with their boring style of play isn't working anymore

#176 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm guessing that if this goes further on, even to a game 7, there will be a lot more viewers, myself included.
I actually watched the last 3 seconds of game 5.
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#177 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

I tried to watch some of game 3, but I couldn't make it more than three minutes because of Glenn Healy.

Yeah Healy is a tool of phenomenal proportions !

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#178 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Give me back my Philly-Pittsburgh style of hockey. This is trash.

Love your Sig. it really sums up the whole Boston team !

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#179 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Game 7 will get a TON of views.

34pxlzl.jpg

Thanks for the sig GoaltenderInterference!

#180 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

part of why there was a dip was probably because of how LA rolled past everyone en route to the finals.. then they go up 3-0 (even after it was 2-0 people probably figured this series was "over" for the most part.) I'd like to see what game 6 brings for viewers now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.