Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Everything you hear about Syria is a lie.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

POPULAR

Haven't you learned anything about the NATO playbook ? Seriously.

http://www.informati...rticle31449.htm

The UN according to Associated Press, has stated that, "most of the 108 victims of a massacre in [Houla] Syria last week were shot at close range, some of them women, children and entire families gunned down in their own homes." The UN has also stated that militants, not Syrian soldiers, were responsible for the massacre. The report cites "witness accounts" claiming the militants were "pro-government thugs known as shabiha," while the Syrian government has claimed the militants were foreign-backed armed terrorists.

This stands in stark contrast to the original narrative the US, UK, France and other NATO members have used to accuse the Syrian government for the atrocities, and even as the basis to expel Syrian diplomats. As stated by UK Foreign Office minister Alistair Burt, (emphasis added) "We are appalled at what appears to be credible reports that the Syrian regime has been responsible for the deaths of 92 civilians in Houla, including 32 children. The UN Head of Mission has been able to confirm the numbers and also that artillery tank shells have been used. If this is the case then it's an act of pure, naked savagery and we condemn it in the most strongest possible terms."

Back to Syria

The Free Syrian Army has been regularly engaging in armed combat with government troops and now more than ever, are better equipped with communication equipment, weapons, cash and logistical support from the West and the Gulf States. Just as Thaksin's gunmen were able to draw Thai troops into a conflict used as cover to commit manufactured atrocities to be used as propaganda against the Thai government, militants in Syria have already demonstratively employed similar tactics. In 2011, "mystery gunmen" would regularly start firefights during protest rallies identical to the one in Bangkok, firing on both Syrian troops and protesters, with both sides describing elusive "rooftop snipers."

Houla appears to simply be on a much larger scale, involving militants most likely not affiliated with local FSA fighters or the Syrian government, but foreign elements just as the Syrian government has claimed. Just as in Bangkok where protesters were taken as much by surprise as Thai troops at the arrival of Thaksin's militants, FSA fighters, Houla residents, and Syrian troops all seem baffled as to who exactly committed the atrocities.

Atrocities Made to Order
How Wall Street & London Manufacture Tragedy to Sell War & Regime Change.
By Tony Cartalucci

May 29, 2012 - In the wake of the Houla massacre in Syria, and evidence exposing the West's initial narrative of Syrian troops "shelling to death" around 100 people to be categorically false, people are struggling to understand just what happened. The Guardian has chosen to post unverified witness accounts produced by the Free Syrian Army, seemingly custom tailored to refute evidence brought by Russia to the UN Security Council. The BBC has admitted that only "most" of the accounts they've received implicated what they "believe" were Syrian troops, or pro-government militias - and by doing so, imply that some did not and have told a different account.

As the window of opportunity closes for the West to exploit the bloodshed at Houla, the Western media is increasingly backpedaling, retracting, and being caught in a crossfire of their own lies and propagandizing. BBC was caught initially using years' old photos from Iraq for their Houla coverage, while papers and networks across the board have had to adjust their narratives entirely as each new piece of verified evidence emerges.

What is known is that Syrian troops were engaged with armed militants of the "Free Syrian Army" (FSA) in and around Houla. Syrian troops, as they have been doing throughout the conflict, were using artillery and tanks to target heavily fortified rebel positions from a distance. During or shortly after this exchange, militants began entering homes and killing families with knives and small arms fire. The FSA and Syrian opposition claim the militants were pro-government militias while the government claims they were foreign-backed Al Qaeda terrorists, known to be operating throughout the country. What they weren't, by all accounts, were Syrian troops.

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter, 06 June 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

So we're being lied to? (As usual)

#3 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

I cursed ALOT at the Syrian government+soldiers after I read about the Houla massacre ....

#4 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

POPULAR

I cursed ALOT at the Syrian government+soldiers after I read about the Houla massacre ....

Poor Alot, he wasn't responsible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#5 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Poor Alot, he wasn't responsible.

Posted Image

omg how dare I forget the space bar ...

#6 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Posted Image

#7 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

I`m def reading the whole thing. Worth it to share it too.

#8 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

I`m def reading the whole thing. Worth it to share it too.

It's a big contrast to what to what our bull crap media is spouting
Posted Image

#9 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

That's just gonna be my thing for your posts. I think silence is the best way to show off the crazy in the room.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#10 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

POPULAR

That's just gonna be my thing for your posts. I think silence is the best way to show off the crazy in the room.

Knock yourself out Slappy. Don't bother actually reading anything that conflicts with what you're told to think about anything

I guess that's what passes for deconstructing an argument in your world, pretty sad.

Boy, you sure showed me.

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter, 06 June 2012 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Come on Professor, use your brain, let's see what you've got. I just checked your profile, I know you're reading this.

Come on, now. If we wait too long, we'll just get stuck with the guy that only knows how to quote Wikipedia and the BBC and he's a real dumbass.

Are you scared ?

Anyway, and this goes out to everybody reading this, if you know anybody from Syria (we've got a huge Syrian community in Canada), ask them about what's going on in their country. Chances are they know a lot more than the garbage coming out of our 24 hour cable TV channels.

The US wants to destroy Syria and turn them into a client state just like they did to Iraq and Libya and the Syrian people don't want NATO anywhere near them.

And Iran's next, they haven't attacked another sovereign nation in centuries but somehow they're the evil empire.

Meanwhile Israel actually has nuclear weapons but, unlike Iran, they refuse to sign on to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter, 06 June 2012 - 02:12 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Dang, for an Amish dude you sure have some serious internet access. Congrats!

#13 OrdinaryBoy

OrdinaryBoy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

I would only believe an account from a Syrian person.

#14 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

#15 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Come on Professor, use your brain, let's see what you've got. I just checked your profile, I know you're reading this.

Come on, now. If we wait too long, we'll just get stuck with the guy that only knows how to quote Wikipedia and the BBC and he's a real dumbass.

Are you scared ?

Anyway, and this goes out to everybody reading this, if you know anybody from Syria (we've got a huge Syrian community in Canada), ask them about what's going on in their country. Chances are they know a lot more than the garbage coming out of our 24 hour cable TV channels.

The US wants to destroy Syria and turn them into a client state just like they did to Iraq and Libya and the Syrian people don't want NATO anywhere near them.

And Iran's next, they haven't attacked another sovereign nation in centuries but somehow they're the evil empire.

Meanwhile Israel actually has nuclear weapons but, unlike Iran, they refuse to sign on to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty

It's not that people don't know due to ignorance, it's that no one here really cares.

We get all excited about the 'arab spring' and people post how excited they are, crying for the poor freedom fighters in egypt and other countries. Then time passes, and we go back to not giving a damn.

So, it doesn't matter what the media tells us, we're desensitized to it, and just don't care enough to do anything about it. Besides, Hell's Kitchen is on--now there's drama!

#16 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,506 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

He said, she said... who to believe?

I wonder if one of the topics discussed at the Bilderberg meeting was, how to concoct the next chapter of the ongoing Syrian saga.

#17 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,206 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

everything? including what you are telling us?

#18 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Sounds to me like a similar situation to Rwanda in which the gov't troops focused on fighting the rebels but did little to stop the genecides from occuring around them and have even backed these milita groups.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#19 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well OP, you're sure gonna convince people with that winning attitude.

#20 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Don't forget about Libya.
Posted Image

#21 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Ummm... the only problem here is that noone actually wants to invade Syria. There's also no motive to overthrow Assad and let a group of potential islamic militants rule the country.

You can make the argument that there is a double standard here as Ghaddafi was removed, and he just coincidentally happened to be the tyrant in an oil rich country. However, that's entirely separate from the depection your going for here.

Also, the articles you supplied don't actually provide any proof of the claim your making.

May 29, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- - The UN according to Associated Press, has stated that, "most of the 108 victims of a massacre in [Houla] Syria last week were shot at close range, some of them women, children and entire families gunned down in their own homes." The UN has also stated that militants, not Syrian soldiers, were responsible for the massacre. The report cites "witness accounts" claiming the militants were "pro-government thugs known as shabiha," while the Syrian government has claimed the militants were foreign-backed armed terrorists.

This stands in stark contrast to the original narrative the US, UK, France and other NATO members have used to accuse the Syrian government for the atrocities, and even as the basis to expel Syrian diplomats. As stated by UK Foreign Office minister Alistair Burt, (emphasis added) "We are appalled at what appears to be credible reports that the Syrian regime has been responsible for the deaths of 92 civilians in Houla, including 32 children. The UN Head of Mission has been able to confirm the numbers and also that artillery tank shells have been used. If this is the case then it's an act of pure, naked savagery and we condemn it in the most strongest possible terms."

Noone ever said that artillery shells were the only weapon used or that the artillery shells actually caused any deaths.

The article then goes on to use an "historical example" yet provides no actual proof that the media is purposely falsifying information.

If what you're saying is true, how do you explain the thousands upon thousands of first hand accounts stating government troops were targetting civilians with artillery fire. All of these people are actors?

#22 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

If "no-one actually wants to invade Syria," why does it seem ever more likely that Syria will be invaded?

As an aside it was, for a long time, NDP policy to get out of NATO. It would seem that the elimination of that policy was part of the making the NDP ready for prime time. I have personally never seen the value in the alliance. It was an anti cold-war alliance. What is its relevance today? The narrative that NATO is about valourous nations bravely making the sacrifices other countries aren't willing to make so the whole world can be made a safer place is bunk. It's a platform for projecting US and/or "western" interests, militarily. Canada should have nothing to do with that.

Edited by Buttock, 06 June 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#23 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

If "no-one actually wants to invade Syria," why does it seem ever more likely that Syria will be invaded?

It doesn't seem like that at all. People with various agendas are reading that into the events. Who exactly has called for an invasion of Syria? People have called for Russia to support Assad stepping down and callign an election. That's the closest thing.

With the negative public reaction to the Libyan semi-invasion, we won't even see that in Syria. This is the downside of non-interventionism. You don't intervene and just watch as people tear themselves apart.

Please show one example of someone actually calling for a military intervention. It's been 1 year and 3 months since the violence started.

What's actually going on is pretty simple and obvious. Assad is a tyrant. The opposition has now taken arms against him. The opposition aren't exactly angels themselves. The best way to stop this would be to have Assad introduce democratic reforms and ultimately look towards stepping down.

This isn't a plot by the media, Israel, the NWO, etc... people are actually dying, and there is plenty of proof to show that Assad is using military force against civilian targets to surpress opposition against him.

#24 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

As an aside it was, for a long time, NDP policy to get out of NATO. It would seem that the elimination of that policy was part of the making the NDP ready for prime time. I have personally never seen the value in the alliance. It was an anti cold-war alliance. What is its relevance today? The narrative that NATO is about valourous nations bravely making the sacrifices other countries aren't willing to make so the whole world can be made a safer place is bunk. It's a platform for projecting US and/or "western" interests, militarily. Canada should have nothing to do with that.

If Canada were to leave NATO, we'd have to develop a fit military/air force/navy, instead of relying on others...

#25 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Don't forget about Libya.

and especially not Labia
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#26 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

It doesn't seem like that at all. People with various agendas are reading that into the events. Who exactly has called for an invasion of Syria? People have called for Russia to support Assad stepping down and callign an election. That's the closest thing.

With the negative public reaction to the Libyan semi-invasion, we won't even see that in Syria. This is the downside of non-interventionism. You don't intervene and just watch as people tear themselves apart.

Please show one example of someone actually calling for a military intervention. It's been 1 year and 3 months since the violence started.

What's actually going on is pretty simple and obvious. Assad is a tyrant. The opposition has now taken arms against him. The opposition aren't exactly angels themselves. The best way to stop this would be to have Assad introduce democratic reforms and ultimately look towards stepping down.

This isn't a plot by the media, Israel, the NWO, etc... people are actually dying, and there is plenty of proof to show that Assad is using military force against civilian targets to surpress opposition against him.

What it seems like is that "nobody WANTS to invade Syria, but if the regime there keeps killing people we might eventually HAVE to." That is the narrative that continues to unfold and how convenient it is. Yes, the hideous Assad regime is slaughtering civilians and the rebels - rebels armed by the Saudi government and the CIA - are doing the exact same things. Only, the western news is reporting on atrocities committed by the rebels as though they were committed by the Assad regime. Why is it in the West's interest to make the case for intervention in Syria? Because that regime is a powerful ally of Iran. The reason Russia continues to veto attempts by the West to take action through the UN is because they do not want to abandon their ally because it they would lose face and be seen as less relevant in Middle East affairs. Unless there is a game changer Russia is not going to stop supporting the Assad regime, for their own selfish reasons. Russia is also an ally of Iran. But there are reasons for the rest of us to be concerned, since it looks like the rebels are not any nicer, yet the west is arming them, at the behest of the House of Saud - the most despicable regime on the planet - who are also arming them. Just as they, and the CIA, are also arming Iranian terrorists to blow up facilities and assassinate scientists. Where you find the US and the Saudi regime complicit you can be 100% sure that the Israelis are not far behind.

There are no good guys here but as I see it the US/Saudi/Israeli alliance, or power bloc or whatever you want to call it, are persuing an agenda to isolate the Iranian regime diplomatically and ramp up the case for war.

What I would like from Canada is a firm declaration that there will be no intervention in Syria or Iran, period. But I don't expect this from Mr. Harper or Mr. Baird. I would like to see my own party leader Mr. Mulcair make it clear that the NDP stands firmly against any further intervention in Middle Eastern affairs and will not be participating in any American-led shenanigans.

#27 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

If everything you hear about Syria is a lie, then how do you know the truth? Are you in Syria? Looks like you've entrusted a source, this source doesn't really give much information, they mainly criticize others, and bring in their own subjective opinion. If they're wrong, are you going to decry them as an information source? Somehow, I doubt it.

Edited by zaibatsu, 10 June 2012 - 04:44 PM.

How do you embarrass a crackhead wearing a viking helmet?

How do you roast charcoal? -- Jeff Ross

#28 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Are you scared ?

Israel can't even be compared to Syria. Israel has done nothing wrong, has to deal with crazies all around them and maintains a positive relationship with the US and President Obama. Syria is run by liars and thugs. How dare you compare the two, HOW dare you.

#29 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Israel has done nothing wrong

Posted Image
How do you embarrass a crackhead wearing a viking helmet?

How do you roast charcoal? -- Jeff Ross

#30 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.